Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 12:20 PM

Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

How many of you out there would be interested in a new headlamp setup for your 93-97 Camaro? I would ideally like to see something similar in shape of the LS1 style headlamps. Something definatly with the Halo, round, white, bright lamps in them as well. At least 2 bulbs in each fixture, but I wouldn't mind seeing even 3.

I do not have these headlamps, I am mearly checking to see who out there besides myself would be interested, and then hopefully someone with means to make this happen will also see this so it can be done. Honda Hunter had said earlier he might have the means to see it through production.

Ideally I would like to see the enclosed lamp fit with the stock front bumper, and with the stock hood. Something molded to be a direct fit. Who else out there is interested?
Old 10-12-2006, 05:57 PM

Re: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

I'd be interested...depending of course on what finished product looks like
Old 10-12-2006, 07:20 PM

Re: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

I don't want them to have halos. I don't want them to be a "trend," I want them to be a timeless design that updates the car from the 80's style lights they have to some current style.

Something like those used on the Acura TL (minus the integrated blinker)
http://www.cartype.com/images/page/a..._headlight.jpg

Just one smooth piece containing both the highbeams and lowbeams would be great.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:38 PM

Brangeta, excellent input!

These are the kind of details we need to come up with to get to someone who can make this happen. There have been a few on here to mention that they could make these but they needed exact details, and most importantly a needed market for them. I personally believe that if they are made, they will make the manufacturer one rich person. All I am hoping for is like Colin91Z mentioned, as a good product.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:56 PM

I don't know if Eckler's Camaro makes their own parts, but you might try asking/suggesting it to them. I "believe" they are the ones that came up with the LED taillights for '67-'69 Camaros.

You'd think that with all the Euro taillamps floating around for our cars, some company would have made us a set of headlamps by now huh?

Maybe you could contact whatever company produces those.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:13 PM

My capability for contacting anyone past a hand full of websites for a while will be limited. I am currently deployed in the Middle East, and my phone/internet access is pretty limited.

I am hoping someone who knows someone who can make this happen will do the work here. Again, I have came across a few that have said they could get it going, but I haven't heard from them in a while. Honda Hunter said he could do it, but he needed specific details on what we want, and more importantly a big enough amount of people who would be interested.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:28 PM

Once we finalize a plan, I can talk to Callaway about it. But that's it. :-\

That's the only company I have a relationship with, and they don't create their own headlights. They DO however have a company that worked for them to create their headlights in the past for the C12 and such though. Don't know the name of it, but it'd be better for me to talk to Callaway anyway.

Someone should contact GMMG perhaps.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:39 AM

count me in; I'd love a new style headlamp.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:21 PM

i am in!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 04:37 PM

I'd have to see what it looks like first. If it's like LS1 headlights, im not sure i would like it. But I kind of like the way LT1 front ends look, it looks mean. I dont really like how bad the lighting is but i have silverstars or whatever they are called, so its not too bad. I might upgrade to HID's later.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:14 PM

Im very in for it. I still cant belive that it has not been done yet. I have tried to find a car that is close enouigh to be a doner but to no avail.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:42 PM

Brangeta, could you contact Callaway and ask him what he thinks about all of this? Most important to mention will be the design of what we want. I think that most of us can agree that we want something that can be fairly simply mounted in the existing 93-97 Camaro front bumper, and come up to and seal with the existing hood. They each need to be enclosed, and have at least two (if not 3) Hella 90mm high and low beams.

Here is a link to pictures of what the Hella's will look like in the car. Hella's themselves IMO actually appear worse in the car than the stock ones. However put them in an inclosed headlamp assembly, and we have a winner!
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/commun...upid=42185&ck=
http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/u/mulgeary/Hella90/index.htm
http://www.susquehanna.com/susq/hella/90mm.htm

Also, here are a few pics of other custom made headlight lamps that are of the same ideas as I was thinking.

http://www.rotaryextreme.com/product/scoot/recar-1.jpg
http://www.rotaryextreme.com/product...t/P5280009.jpg
http://www.nsxprime.com/Gallery/owne...m/DSCN0004.JPG

Also, something similar to a fourth Gen Toyota Supra stock headlamp would also look nice.

Last edited by CALL911; 10-13-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Once we finalize a plan, I can talk to Callaway about it. But that's it. :-\

That's the only company I have a relationship with, and they don't create their own headlights. They DO however have a company that worked for them to create their headlights in the past for the C12 and such though. Don't know the name of it, but it'd be better for me to talk to Callaway anyway.

Someone should contact GMMG perhaps.
That's the key. A plan and and some drawn pics of what everyone can agree on. If enough of us try to make this happen it will. I'm not going to give up on this. This was the only thing I didnt like on our style Camaros. Anybody and everyone with ideas, pics, imput, etc come in and post.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:21 AM

Honda Hunter, once we get some general drawings, or enough photo's to get an idea, what do we need to do next? I am guessing we need to present it to someone who can make this happen. Do you know who? Perhaps if someone out there has some time on their hands with photo shop they can create some pics of their design and how it will look in the car, this may further help the designer make these.

Here are a few more links of how I think the headlamp should resemble.

http://www.maxi-tuning.ru/post/10052/car_001_2.jpg
http://www.ricerocketuk.co.uk/images/supra01d.jpg

And especially this one,
http://www.allfastcars.com/koenigseggccrfront.shtml

Last edited by CALL911; 10-14-2006 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:37 PM

Callaway bases all of their designs off drawings. If someone could draw up some nice technical drawings by hand, I could email them to Reeves Callaway and see what he thinks.

I think the drawings would need to have some measurements/dimensions on them and show how the lamps would attach to the stock brackets. I'm assuming everyone would agree that it would be best to use the stock brackets right?

Personally, I do not want to have to mount them in a more complex manner.

Also, we need to decide what the lamps would look like. Would they fit underneath the hood like the stock lamps? Or would they fill the entire "racoon-eye" ledge of the headlight buckets (similar to the Toyota Supra pics Call911 posted)?

I personally want them to fit underneath the hood. I want to see something simple and elegant like the Acura headlight I posted above. No texture on the outside of the headlight, just smooth and flat.

I don't want anything aftermarket looking. So I have to give a big thumbs down to the Koenniggsegg style headlights or anything else with halos or other stuff in them.

I can understand how someone might want them to improve the aerodynamics of the car by having them fill the entire headlight space and fit flush with the front end and hood, but my vote goes for keeping the car looking stock, but updated.

Last edited by Brangeta; 10-14-2006 at 04:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?