Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 02:25 PM

Re: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

I think there needs to be 1 to 2 lowbeams per headlamp, and 1 highbeam. No integrated turn signal necessary, nor requested. I'm pretty sure 99/100 of us like our external turn signals on our cars.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:34 PM

Re: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

I want the lamps to look like this or this!!!!!
http://autowp.ru/pictures/ferrari/57...575_gtc_13.jpg
http://www.stefanopasini.it/images/Ferrari%20575-1.jpg

I can't believe I forgot about the Ferrari 575 Maranello!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 04:09 PM

Those are perfect brangeta. My only wish is that the clear cover forming the smooth aerodynamic shape over the void extend over the outside corner like a blackout would. This would greatly improve the look an maintain the original style of the car.

It would be easy I would think to just like the obtainable clear headlight covers to paint it black on the underside to give it a clean finished look.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:19 PM

Can you show a picture of what you're talking about ponykillr? I'm not sure I follow what you are saying.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:58 PM

http://www.bcgator.net/Images/Ferrar...0black%20i.jpg
This is sooooo good looking. This is exactly what I want. Call911... what do you think???

I'm having trouble finding a good large pic of the front of the proper year of 575 Maranello to do the photochop. I'll post the photochop when I finally find a decent pic to base it off of. Apparently Ferrari just started using those EXACT headlights in the last few years. The older ones have an uglier outer lightbulb.

Apparently they are the same headlights on the Ferrari Superamerica.
http://www.autowallpaper.de/Wallpape...ramerica_2.jpg

Last edited by Brangeta; 10-19-2006 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:06 PM

[QUOTE=Rebelphotog96;4162584]

See how his clear covers do not go all the way to the outside corner? This IMO does not look as good as the covers that surround the entire area painted black, like the GTS style covers.

I think if we make this headlight assembly it should function like a blackout covering the outside corners.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:42 PM

Oh, ok. These type?

As long as the headlights fit better than these type of covers do, them covering the corner is fine by me. I absolutely hate the way these particular covers "look" like covers though. They overlap far too much of the car's front end. They look like they fit about the way tupperware lids fit on tupperware unfortunately. Not something I like. I want the headlights to fit perfectly flush with the body and hood.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
As long as the headlights fit better than these type of covers do, them covering the corner is fine by me. I absolutely hate the way these particular covers "look" like covers though. They overlap far too much of the car's front end. They look like they fit about the way tupperware lids fit on tupperware unfortunately. Not something I like. I want the headlights to fit perfectly flush with the body and hood.

That's my exact thoughts and why I went with the covers I did. Looks flush and more natural to me. I just think it'll be hard to design a rigid headlight assembly to just "cover" that black area, and not actually "fill" that black area. Explanation: If the assembly "covers" the black, then it's going to be a weak link in the design. That piece will be brittle (most likely) and break easily. The flush mount would be more contained and not have that weak part sticking out like that. To make it "fill" the blackspot though, you'd have to actually cut out the black spot and fill the void that way. I don't think too many people would be willing to do that. Some probably wouldn't mind, but my guess is that most wouldn't.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:39 AM

The glass covering the headlight assembly would be a mix of these headlight covers and the ones posted on the green camaro earlier.

The GTS covers BTW fit very flush. Other companies (Lund) covers stick outt like you were saying.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Ponykillr
The glass covering the headlight assembly would be a mix of these headlight covers and the ones posted on the green camaro earlier.
I understand what you mean ( the green car is mine btw) I'm not referring to the covers not fitting flush against the car, I'm talking about how the GTS covers wrap around that black area on the corner. If a headlight assembly were to wrap like that, it would be easily broken more than likely.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:12 AM

A crude, quick and dirty MS Paint illustration to show what I mean. The wrap around part I pointed out would be a weak piece prone to easy breakage if you design it this way to cover that black "corner" part of the front bumper. To actually fill that area and avoid the look I have with my flush fit covers, you'd need to cut out the black corner area and design an assembly that filled the entire void. I hope I'm explaining this correctly.

Last edited by Rebelphotog96; 11-28-2006 at 11:19 PM.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:54 AM

Rebelphotog96, I understand what you are saying, but I don't understand why you think it would have to be brittle, or prone to breaking easily. I think if the design was sound it would be fine, and like Ponykillr I think it would look best.

Brangeta, those ferrari lights look fairly close to what I was thinking, but not exactly. I still revert back to the styles I have put links up to in previous pages, those are the ones I find most attractive still.

We need more photoshop pics of concepts we have thrown up here put into our cars. Unfortunatly for me, half of these pics on here I can't see since the websites they come from are blocked to me . If someone could send me some of these pictures to my email (strader8@yahoo.com) photoshoped ones in particular, that would help me a lot.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by FocuzTech
Thanks Tom-

We would be interested in taking a look at this. We need to inspect the stock headlamp first and get some input to develop a requirements list and then see about demand. I will see about a used stock lamp.
Hey, If you did manage to make these headlights, I'm sure they would sell like hot cakes! These headlight on the camaro are horrible and I'm sure most camaro owners think the same and would love to make the car look alot better. If you decided they were worth it and would make a few hundred I know they would sell! You can do some really good advertising to get your stuff out their! Summit and Jegs catalog's have a section in their catalog's just dedicated to LT1 Camaro's!
Old 10-20-2006, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by CALL911
Rebelphotog96, I understand what you are saying, but I don't understand why you think it would have to be brittle, or prone to breaking easily. I think if the design was sound it would be fine, and like Ponykillr I think it would look best.

I too think it would look good, and if constructed out of the correct material could be fine. What makes me think it would be brittle is if it were constructed out of plastic or glass, it would be unsupported. Therefore, any pressure against it could cause it to crack or breakoff. That is unless it is anchored to the black piece, but I would be afraid it might crack if/when the bumper would flex. When trying to design a new assembly on my own, I did not have the means to create such a design, but these were just a few of the potential problems I thought of. If these however will be professionally constructed by the proper tools and such, probably won't be as big of an issue. With this design are you guys wanting to keep it so that the black shows through a clear lens on the corner section, or something else?
Old 10-20-2006, 01:51 PM

Of course there would be the weatherstripping material running along the outside of the entire headlight assembly preventing any undue stress or fitment issues.

Also the shape itself is strong hence why the GTS covers are manufactured with no support structure. I have never seen a cover break....except the time I hit a car head on.

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?