Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by CALL911
Thats okay. It sounds like we have the wheels rolling at FocuzTech anyway. Thanks for all of your help.

I am confident that these will sell very well. Just look at the 4,500 + views this thread has got. Not to mention most people say that it is the headlights they dislike the most about the appearence of their 93-97 Camaro.

agreed
Old 11-28-2006, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rebelphotog96
A crude, quick and dirty MS Paint illustration to show what I mean. The wrap around part I pointed out would be a weak pease prone to easy breakage if you design it this way to cover that black "corner" part of the front bumper. To actually fill that area and avoid the look I have with my flush fit covers, you'd need to cut out the black corner area and design an assembly that filled the entire void. I hope I'm explaining this correctly.

I agree, the black corner is a funky design area. To pull off the right look that area may have to be cutout. Have you ever seen a Camaro that has had that area painted body color along with the headlight pockets, it really changes the look of the whole front end to fugly. The black corner with its crease line gives it the illusion that there is not a sharp corner there.

The problem with designing a new headlights to fit in the pocket with the corner removed is, that would eliminate the biggest majority of do-it yourselfers from upgrading.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:09 PM

The new design will be flush with the front end, meaning there will be no pocket anymore. Although the style will be different, it will be similarly flush as the LS1 style Camaro's are.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:06 PM

I agree the corner poses a design hurdle but I think it is easily defeated by making the lens cover the corner just like a blackout. Imagine the corner blacked out like a GTS cover then changing to clear to cover the exposed headlight pocket.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:43 PM

You guys all read my mind!!

I was thinking of buying a '95 LT1 camaro and the only thing holding me back is the headlights. I haven't read all the posts so forgive me if i'm just doing a repeat but, if we can get a headlight style like the 2007 corvette the would be AMAZING!!

I'm definitly in if we can get this going.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:05 PM

you could make the headlight fit the hole and have a reflector piece that matches the headlight that sticks on the corner flush with the headlight with no gap in between them. its an easy fix. there just wouldnt be a light in it. or mabee there could be one
Old 11-30-2006, 08:49 PM

New style and BRIGHT! Would love to see it happen
Old 12-01-2006, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by nick3
you could make the headlight fit the hole and have a reflector piece that matches the headlight that sticks on the corner flush with the headlight with no gap in between them. its an easy fix. there just wouldnt be a light in it. or mabee there could be one
You mean like puttin a few LED's there?
Old 12-02-2006, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Evil Lord Lucas
You mean like puttin a few LED's there?
yes
Old 12-02-2006, 05:31 PM

I havent been around here in a couple of years, wow, I thought I was the only one who wanted to change the design. Nice to see there is a large following to this thread. I've had ideas floating around for a while but never acted on them, I'll tell them here to see what you guys/gals think. I like the basic design of the Saleen S7 head lights. I'm thinking dual projectors in a moulded black body along with a smalller amber lens (1in dia.) centered between the lamps on the top or bottom, and covered with clear lexan flush with the hood,nose. The amber lamp could be used for the DRL's on cars equipped or just as markers/signals or show lights for those who like them. But hey if someone mass produces something a little different, I'm game.

Kevin

S7 pics: http://www.engine-power.com/saleen/s7_6.html
http://www.engine-power.com/saleen/s7_7.html
http://www.engine-power.com/saleen/s7_1.html

Last edited by Kevin97ss; 12-02-2006 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:21 PM

Those would be nice. I wish we had thought of them earlier.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by CALL911
The new design will be flush with the front end, meaning there will be no pocket anymore. Although the style will be different, it will be similarly flush as the LS1 style Camaro's are.
Yeah but the LS1 headlights flow into the front fender and the front fenders have a cutout for the headlights, which would be where the black point is on LT1 cars, also LS1s are semi flush with the front, slightly recessed. But I think that is not the direction we are tying to go, I think most would like to see something like the C6 headlights.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by 30thZ286speed
Yeah but the LS1 headlights flow into the front fender and the front fenders have a cutout for the headlights, which would be where the black point is on LT1 cars, also LS1s are semi flush with the front, slightly recessed. But I think that is not the direction we are tying to go, I think most would like to see something like the C6 headlights.
From what I have gathered from FocuzTech, the new design will cover the area similar to the covering of a GTS darkout cover. True, the LS1 front comes over into the fender, and our 93-97 style has a black corner on the fenders. The new design should wrap over this black corner just as the darkouts do. Still waiting on the final design from FocuzTech to know for sure though. I'll try to get in contact with them in the next couple days, and give everyone an update.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:19 PM

UPDATE;

Okay people, here's where we are. Mike at FocuzTech is already to start this new headlamp assembly. Here's the snag in the road at the moment. To start the project, he still is looking for a 93-97 Camaro, preferably one to buy with the front end in tact for under $1000. If anyone knows of a car (preferrably near Washington state) that fits this description, please PM myself or FocuzTech.

Once we find him a car, the wheels will really start rolling on this.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:25 PM

If they are willing to spend $1000 on a car they can just ship mine up there. Ill give them my car. I don’t use it anyways. It won’t be missed for a few months. Let me know if this is an option. I live in NC, I know but hey I am willing to give up my car temporarily for the cause.

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?