Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

What are the rarest colors for 4th gens?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 04:31 PM

What are the rarest colors for 4th gens?

What are the rarest colors for 4th gen Camaros? I'm looking at all the cars from 93-02, and trying to see what is the most rare color. I think it's metallic teal, but I'm not sure. I want to know more than just the most rare color, I'd like to know the top 5 most rare colors of those years if any of you guys know. I'm not counting appearance packages like stripes or whatever, just the real color.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:34 PM

Re: What are the rarest colors for 4th gens?

black is pretty rare.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:46 PM

Can't give you numbers, but mine's Bright Teal Metallic and a guy at the dealership when I went to pick up parts commented on it being a rare color.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:03 PM

Yellow

http://www.stang.cc/tmcaalbums/brand...0341.sized.jpg

Oh, you meant stock colors. Whoops, my bad. I think there were a few yellow Firehawks made in 93.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure yellow is the rarest color for the 4th gens. Never came on the Camaro (it didn't, right? ) and I think only came on the Firebirds for 2 years. 93 in a very limited number and then the anniversary one... again limited. Again, I think... not positive
Old 01-13-2005, 08:12 PM

I think I have some pics in catalogs that have a yellow 35th anniversary Camaro SS. I've seen black before in person. I was under the impression that red, regular teal, and black were the most common colors. My uncle has a bright orange Camaro and I have the one in my sig. I've never seen another Camaro the same color as mine in person, and I don't remember seeing an orange one like his before either. How rare are the purple pearl metallic and orange. I think the purple is more rare than the orange.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:18 PM

i think the gold color they came in back in 98. very few were made and the color only lasted that year
Old 01-13-2005, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Don't Look Back
Can't give you numbers, but mine's Bright Teal Metallic and a guy at the dealership when I went to pick up parts commented on it being a rare color.
Don't know if it's a rare color, but it probably is in NJ. All the teal camaros are in Kentucky . Seriously though, I can't go anywhere without seeing a teal camaro. Took me forever to find a car cause all I could find was teal and hunter green z's.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:42 PM

well black sure the hell isn't rare...just about every one i see is either black or pewter...Hugger Orange, Sunburst Orange Met. are deffinatly the 2 nice looking rare colors...like they said the gold is rare but they only made it one year, hmm...wonder why
Old 01-13-2005, 10:54 PM

Mine is a dark green grey metallic. It's pretty rare I hardly ever see that type of color on the 4th generation camaros. I would have to saw that is one of the five rarest.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:29 PM

Bright green metallic is kinda rare my friend had one in high school it looked killer

If you wanna T/A color Maple red metallic is kinda rare too
Old 01-13-2005, 11:29 PM

Well... at least I can help answer your question. I don't know if you want rarest color for each year (I doubt it, considering arctic white was the rarest color in '93) but I will point out the main ones. If you want the ultimate rare colors (since most '97 colors were used in '98), you'll have to go through the info I'm giving you. I separated my info into 93-97 and 98-02.

1993-1997:

-purple pearl metallic- looks grayish purple, was only used in '93 and '94, only about 10000 in this color total

-dark green-gray metallic- looks grayish green, only used '93 and '94, only about 9000 in this color total

-mystic teal metallic- dark teal that changes from green to blue depending on light, used 95 to 97, only about 8000 total.

-dark purple metallic- reddish purple, used in 95 and 96, only about 9500 total

-cayenne red metallic- honestly, I can't tell the difference between it and Medium Patriot Red Metallic (used in large amounts from '93 to '95), it was used only in 96 and 97, about 4000 total.

-bright green metallic- awesome color, it is christmas green, used only '97, about 2600 total

-bright purple metallic- beautiful dark bluish purple, only 97, only 883 in this color

'98 to '02:

-bright green metallic- same as above, only used 98 and 99, only about 2200 total

-sport gold metallic- only year for gold, 98 only, only 1542 total (plus 5 made in '99 as the result of a contract GM had with some contest to give away 5 gold camaros)

-mystic teal metallic- same as above but might not have such a dramatic color changing effect, used 98 to 01, only about 6000

-bright purple metallic- same as above, only 98, only 481 total!!

-cayenne red metallic- same as above, 98 only, less than 2000 total

-bright blue metallic- the most beautiful camaro color of all, similar to corvette nassau blue, only 99, 1117 total!

-hugger orange- orange, only 98 (1 was made in 99, not sure why), 1403 total

-monterey maroon metallic- dark red, 99 to 02, about 7000 total

-sunset orange metallic- beautiful orange that changes colors in sunlight, 00 to 02, a little over 3000 maybe

Overall, without me analyzing it heavily, the purple ones are the rarest for all years. When I get old I'm going to start collecting rare Camaros, not Berger, Earnhardt, Zl1, Hendrick, etc. etc. one's, I'm talking rare colors people don't know are rare. I'll have a '98 bright purple (I'd actually prefer a Trans Am in this color) and '99 bright blue Camaro for sure .

Since you seem interested, I found two '97 bright purple ones on ebay earlier.
number 1
number 2

EDIT: I didn't read what the others were saying before posting, but will comment on a few things.

I used the official names of the colors, their names above are similar, but not the exact same. I mean... sunburst orange is pretty close in name to sunset orange, but just to be precise, it is sunset orange.

Many of the 93 and 94 camaros have been wrecked which is why you rarely see any green-gray or purple pearl Camaros. I've only seen 2 green-grays in person EVER. This is also because of the extremely high amount of V6 Camaros that came in these non-red/black/white/silver colors, they have been wrecked, crushed, thrown in junk yards etc. A base '93 Camaro V-6 with no options in '93 was only $14,100 so it isn't surprising that many of them have been demolished.

There aren't any specs for Z28 or SS or anything, but from personal experience, it is a gem to find a Z28 in Medium Quasar Blue Metallic (used '93 to '97) or any color of purple; most of them were V-6es. In fact, it is very difficult to find ANY Z28 from '93 to '99 in ANY color other than a shade of red, silver, black, white, and other common colors. Also, in '96 the SS returned as the "Z28/SS" and mystic teal was used on VERY few of them. I believe about 4 to 40 of them but I'm not positive. Most of them were red, white, silver, and black. Just a note about something related, if you play Gran Turismo 2, you may notice the SS is offered in Polo Green Metallic, this is a mistake as far as I can tell. It is too late for me to analyze (since people have had plenty of time to modify their Z28s into fake SSes) but I do not believe a single SS for either 96 or 97 came in Polo Green Metallic like Gran Turismo 2 suggests.

Last edited by Brangeta; 01-13-2005 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:38 AM

I had a medium quaser blue 97 Z28 hardtop w/ factory chrome 97-99 wheels, never saw one like it...rare for that year because they stop making that color early in the model year because of paint defects...(which it did have minor ones )...but yes I believe the yellow 93 are the rarest
Old 01-14-2005, 10:46 AM

but I do not believe a single SS for either 96 or 97 came in Polo Green Metallic like Gran Turismo 2 suggests
There was polo green SS's made, but pretty rare. This exact subject came up a few mths ago...I provided a autotrader link of a polo green one being sold but since deleted it ...
Old 01-14-2005, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by brandboZ28
Yellow

http://www.stang.cc/tmcaalbums/brand...0341.sized.jpg

Oh, you meant stock colors. Whoops, my bad. I think there were a few yellow Firehawks made in 93.
There was no firehawks made in 93..guess ya mean ta n formys

Quick Reply: What are the rarest colors for 4th gens?