Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Trans Am Sleepy Eyes

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 08:30 AM

Re: Trans Am Sleepy Eyes

Seeing that someone said that there is a "kit" out there somewhere; that kit would have to include a new or smaller sealed beam for me to even consider the idea if I had this type of car. As far as safety is concerned, if this kit does not have what I have stated already, you guys will be sacrificing your lives for a cool look; uncool.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by RENE95Z
Seeing that someone said that there is a "kit" out there somewhere; that kit would have to include a new or smaller sealed beam for me to even consider the idea if I had this type of car. As far as safety is concerned, if this kit does not have what I have stated already, you guys will be sacrificing your lives for a cool look; uncool.
LOL.... if you read all the posts, you would see that there is not a kit out there for us to do this, and that the person that is working on making them for his ride is useing projector lamps. so seeing as hes useing all new bulbs i think its a prety safe bet to say that that theres gonna be a smaller sealed beam, and all out lives will be just fine. thanks for your concern tho
Old 01-17-2005, 11:55 AM

Yup, exactly...

Hella E-Code Bi-Xenon Projector units. I'm also thinking about adding in a Piaa 1100X driving light next to the projector to make the apperance more to my liking.

I'm getting closer to workin on this. I've got 2 projects infront of this, then I just have to take my headlight assembly out of the car again and start the measuring/fabbing process. Should be starting early next month.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by 97FormulaWS-6
Yup, exactly...

Hella E-Code Bi-Xenon Projector units. I'm also thinking about adding in a Piaa 1100X driving light next to the projector to make the apperance more to my liking.

I'm getting closer to workin on this. I've got 2 projects infront of this, then I just have to take my headlight assembly out of the car again and start the measuring/fabbing process. Should be starting early next month.
none of my business... but.... what other projects ya got goin on?
Old 01-17-2005, 04:33 PM

Before this? Mainly just getting my Office (Where I do all my electronic design/fabrication in) and my Basement shop (Where I do all the real mechanical fabrication work) built and setup to a usable setup.

I've got my Office about 50% done, and the basement all stripped out; just gotta get the rest of the office cleaned out and setup, and then get all the workbenches/storage built in the basement.

But if you mean car wise on projects that are on my list:

-Custom Fiberglass headliner with Built-in Digital Gauges and a possible LCD data
display.
-Custom Stereo install, including fiberglass enclosures and kickpods.
-Custom V-1 stealth install with the display integrated into the Rear-view Mirror
-The Lazy-eye/HID Headlights
-Customizing the boulstering in the stock Firebird Seats
-"Stealth" N2O install into the 'Bird
-H/C change W/Delteq Install
-Custom HUD (Heads-Up-Display) - (This one has been in the works for a while, I'm having trouble finding time to teach myself C++ to do the required programming)
-Custom Digital Gauges and Digital Shift Lights/Warning Lights

And this is only the Firebird...

I've got a BMW that I'm working on too, along with building a Custom R/C Clodbuster, plus work (I'm an Avionics/Lighting Engineer currently working on the Eclipse 500 Business Jet and F-35 JSF)
Old 01-17-2005, 04:49 PM

nice, sounds like you actually ahve the knowlage to pull this off. and if you ever consider making more then one set of headlights(hopefulyl you will) i call the 1st set, lol
Old 01-17-2005, 08:41 PM

Do I plan on it... well, I'm designing it such that it is completely CNC machined bracketry; completely adjustable (To be able to properly adjust the cover-panel, and aim the Projector properly); so... the only true issue should be cost if I were to offer these to the public. I have a feeling to offer this to the public as a "NON-DOT" "Conversion" including everything required (Basically just a un-bolt, modify the core-support, and bolt-together & in) would probably cost upwards of $800-$1K. The HID assemblies are $450, the PIAA Lights are another $200; and the machine time and hardware to make the whole thing come together would fill the rest of that gap.

I've actually had a few people ask if I was ever going to get this done and possibly market it; *knocks-on-wood* hopefully this spring; although if I make more than 1, this is going to be a VERY-LIMITED availability item.

I'll keep people posted on progress; the ball should start rolling again in about 2-3 weeks.

Yea, knowledge and learning ability isn't my limiting factor, neither is really time; lately it's been $$$$... it sux being broke, but it's great having my first house at 24.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:37 PM

Do I plan on it... well, I'm designing it such that it is completely CNC machined bracketry; completely adjustable (To be able to properly adjust the cover-panel, and aim the Projector properly); so... the only true issue should be cost if I were to offer these to the public. I have a feeling to offer this to the public as a "NON-DOT" "Conversion" including everything required (Basically just a un-bolt, modify the core-support, and bolt-together & in) would probably cost upwards of $800-$1K. The HID assemblies are $450, the PIAA Lights are another $200; and the machine time and hardware to make the whole thing come together would fill the rest of that gap.

I've actually had a few people ask if I was ever going to get this done and possibly market it; *knocks-on-wood* hopefully this spring; although if I make more than 1, this is going to be a VERY-LIMITED availability item.

I'll keep people posted on progress; the ball should start rolling again in about 2-3 weeks.

Yea, knowledge and learning ability isn't my limiting factor, neither is really time; lately it's been $$$$... it sux being broke, but it's great having my first house at 24.
well, if there in limited production, i get hte first one, hahaha. i undersatnd its gonna cost alot. those projector bulbs arnt cheap...
Old 01-24-2005, 03:57 PM

yeah i def want to get a set on them myself. i have been waiting forever for somebody to make a set of these for the LT1.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:41 PM

I can promise you if they look as good as the current stuff I have seen on the (98-02) T/A's and the C5 vette's then I will be buying a set from you for sure !!!!

You really need to do this sooner not later. I think there is a larger market out there for this product on the 93-97 (firebirds).

I have wanted to do something like this for at least 2 or 3 years.........Please do this item quickly
Old 01-24-2005, 09:01 PM

Oh, I know there is a demand for it, every time it's brought up, people come outta the woodwork...

Trust me, I want to get it done too, I HATE the stock lighting, and even the aftermarket ones that I'm currently running.

The only thing is this a not really going to be a street "legal" modification; FYI... Even though I can meet all the lighting specifications (Hell I'll exceed them by a good amount), the DOT will not license any changes to the lighting system of a vechile unless it's over 25 years old; sux...
Old 01-24-2005, 09:36 PM

Oh, I know there is a demand for it, every time it's brought up, people come outta the woodwork...

Trust me, I want to get it done too, I HATE the stock lighting, and even the aftermarket ones that I'm currently running.

The only thing is this a not really going to be a street "legal" modification; FYI... Even though I can meet all the lighting specifications (Hell I'll exceed them by a good amount), the DOT will not license any changes to the lighting system of a vechile unless it's over 25 years old; sux...
yup.... jsut another one of those illegal things to ad to my list that they wont pull you over for, but they can add to the list after you get pulled over, lol
Old 01-25-2005, 05:09 PM

you could just sell it as a show item or off road item like the do when the sell Off Road exhaust systems in states that require all emmissions equipment. Plus your average police off is not really going to care much less know they are different then stock
Old 01-25-2005, 07:56 PM

So how do they get away with doing this on the ACURA NSX's I have seen a hella nice kit for the NSX. Are you saying that the kit is not street legal on any of these cars. I really don't care if it is or not, just make it and if it looks good I'm gonna buy one for sure !!!
Old 01-25-2005, 09:10 PM

you are prolly seeing the stock headlights that are on the newer NSX's

Quick Reply: Trans Am Sleepy Eyes