Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Trans Am Sleepy Eyes

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 12:50 AM

ok, this is a crappy picture, but here is what I have. I can always snap another for ya if you dont get the gist of it.

To plainly answer your question, yes, I just put in a new stop. I retained the wire on the bottom as well, for stability (hopefully). The rusty looking bolt is already in that panel, I just manually screwed the light to the height I wanted it to open, marked it, then drilled the stop and the panel together (I just clamped it so it would stay), then put in that stainless one. if I ever want to change the height, I can just put in a wider or narrower piece of iron/aluminum.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by drivefast4fun
ok, this is a crappy picture, but here is what I have. I can always snap another for ya if you dont get the gist of it.

To plainly answer your question, yes, I just put in a new stop. I retained the wire on the bottom as well, for stability (hopefully). The rusty looking bolt is already in that panel, I just manually screwed the light to the height I wanted it to open, marked it, then drilled the stop and the panel together (I just clamped it so it would stay), then put in that stainless one. if I ever want to change the height, I can just put in a wider or narrower piece of iron/aluminum.
So the motor senses the restriction from the new stop and stops running automatically? Wouldn't want the motor applying force against the gear and stripping the teeth out. I always thought the headlight module decided how long to run the motor for lowering and raising the headlight?

I kinda get what you're saying but the pic doesn't make much sense right now because I have no idea of perspective. I presume this picture of of the drivers side headlight in the up position taken from engine bay where the radiator would have been?? Could you also post a couple of picture of how this looks with the headlights open?
Old 03-04-2008, 03:37 AM

the pic is from the front of the car, nose off, front bracket off too. I will take some nice pictures for you tomorrow with our better camera and pm them to you.