Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Need help from green/teal Camaro owners... what color is this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 09:49 AM

Brangeta you're talking out of your *** I've had my car repainted and they looked at the rpo code and it was Polynesian Green, I also have a tube of touch up paint that says Polynesian grenn. It's the Dark green grey metallic almost gun metal color that I'm referring to.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by ShawnZ28Gibbs
Brangeta you're talking out of your *** I've had my car repainted and they looked at the rpo code and it was Polynesian Green, I also have a tube of touch up paint that says Polynesian grenn. It's the Dark green grey metallic almost gun metal color that I'm referring to.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by 94CamaroZ28/SSClone
Old 10-07-2021, 06:59 PM

Re: Need help from green/teal Camaro owners... what color is this?

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Look at my web site. I have EVERY factory production color represented with the accurate Chevrolet Camaro paint name. Where you got polynesian green, I have no idea...
http://sites.google.com/site/branget...arohistory2222

Google transferred my site to another system, so it's kind of an ugly design right now, so excuse that.

That web page is gone. I'm trying to find out the color of my 95 Camaro. Does anyone have a page like that I can look at? I posted a picture of my Camaro here
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/fue...n-idle-884898/

Last edited by Turquoise95; 10-07-2021 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-09-2021, 11:51 PM

This is the color chart from the 1995 Chevrolet Order Guide. The colors available on the Camaros are #5 Deep Purple Metallic, #10 Arctic White, #13 Sebring Silver Metallic, #37 Bright Teal Metallic, #41 Black, #48 Polo Green Metallic, #71 Medium Patriot Red Metallic, #79 Mystic Teal Metallic, #80 Medium Quasar Blue Metallic, #81 Bright Red. The Service Parts Identification label also has the paint codes on it.

Old 10-10-2021, 06:50 AM

OK, thanks, Peterpar. My car might have a mystic teal finnish.
Old 10-20-2021, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Turquoise95
That web page is gone. I'm trying to find out the color of my 95 Camaro. Does anyone have a page like that I can look at? I posted a picture of my Camaro here
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/fue...n-idle-884898/
I'm almost never on here anymore, though I do still browse really rarely. I just saw your post, and so I figured out how to login to the site again. Your car is Bright Teal Metallic.

My site still exists, it's just the URL is a bit different now. My site's actually a lot more detailed than it used to be as I've been working on it every now and then.

https://sites.google.com/site/brange...ncamarohistory is the home page.

The page you're wanting is here: https://sites.google.com/site/brangeta/production-related-info/paint-color-production-numbers

Last edited by Brangeta; 10-20-2021 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:36 PM

OK, thanks.

What do you think about this?
https://expresspaint.com/products/my...31797267398734

https://expresspaint.com/products/br...bb3c61c2&_ss=r

Last edited by Turquoise95; 10-20-2021 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-21-2021, 10:03 AM

I've never had to get a car painted, so I don't really have a useful opinion.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Go to CompNine, pay the small fee, enter your VIN, and you will get a detailed breakdown of the RPO codes, what they mean, the interior, exterior, and wheel color code. Used to be free, many years ago.

https://www.compnine.com/vid.php

Relative to the discussion, of color names, my Firebird is dark green. I have the color code page from the original 1994 Firebird sales brochure, and it clearly shows the color as
"Dark Green Metallic". Yet the CompNine breakdown lists it as "48U EXTERIOR COLOR, PRIMARY, DK YELLOW GREEN METALLIC (48U),". And, many years ago, I purchased a tube type touch-up paint directly from a GM dealer, and the touch-up paint was labeled "Dark Yellow Green Metallic". I think this is the result of the same color being used in multiple vehicle lines by GM, but naming them differently in some lines.

Might explain the (very rude) comments in this thread regarding "polynesian green".

PS: If I had seen that comment at the time, ShawnZ28Gibbs and his post would have been long gone. On a positive note, he never came back after that post.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:59 PM

If your trying to match the #37 Bright Teal Metallic shown on the color chart above, I think this what you want.

Medium Teal Blue Metallic 37/WA146A for GM – Express Paint

According to this information, WA146A should be shown as the paint code at reference points "E" and "F" of the Service Parts Identification Label on your car.

Last edited by peterpar; 10-22-2021 at 12:09 AM.
Old 10-22-2021, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by peterpar
If your trying to match the #37 Bright Teal Metallic shown on the color chart above, I think this what you want.

Medium Teal Blue Metallic 37/WA146A for GM – Express Paint

According to this information, WA146A should be shown as the paint code at reference points "E" and "F" of the Service Parts Identification Label on your car.

I think I found a sticker like that somewhere, but I couldn't figure out what it meant. I think its in the glove compartment.
Old 10-22-2021, 11:12 AM

I think I found a sticker like that somewhere, but I couldn't figure out what it meant. I think its in the glove compartment.
I think you may be right, the early fourth generation Camaros Service Parts Identification label is in the glove box. 1997 and later Camaro's Service Parts Identification labels were on the driver door. At any rate, the WA number would be the paint code of the original color of the car.
Old 10-22-2021, 01:14 PM

These guys are right.

The easiest idea is to check the RPO code sticker in the passenger side glovebox for a '95 (assuming you have the original interior that came in your car from the factory). It should say 37U (in my opinion, because in your pic, your car is clearly the Camaro equivalent of Bright Teal Metallic to my eyes). I just go by what the color names were in the brochures. The color names for Pontiac were sometimes different (my site generally lists those alternate names). 37U is GM paint code WA146A like peterpar mentioned.

Compnine (and other VIN/RPO decoders) are not reliable for descriptions that perfectly match Camaros and Firebirds every time, so they create a huge amount of confusion. The color names for paint colors is the most obvious example. There are some other times as well, when a RPO code is used for more than just Camaros and Firebirds. Those codes are often ones that start with R, because "Control Sales Item No. ___" can mean one thing for a '87 Corvette and something entirely different for a '93 Camaro. I have a page on my site where I've been decoding and cross-referencing RPO code descriptions for a few years, but it's not complete. https://sites.google.com/site/brange...ions-rpo-codes To keep it fun to work on, I work on it in a completely random order instead of alphabetically. I don't have any of the normal paint codes on there or any of the suspensions, just for examples.

A fun (annoying) fact I haven't mentioned before on here is that from 1999 to 2000, Sebring Silver Metallic Camaros have the incorrect paint code for 13U on their RPO code stickers. They say it's WA9966, but it's actually WA9566.

Injuneer will probably appreciate this tidbit--I learned recently that relying on the RPO code for the paint color isn't reliable, because GM recycled the RPO codes for various models. They actually recycled one on different years of 4th gens too! 71U was used for both Medium Patriot Red Metallic (from '93-'95) and again 71U was used for Sunset Orange Metallic (a '01-'02 color, though 13 2000 Camaros were painted this color toward the end of the '00 production run). Since I have the details in front of me right now, I went ahead and added the WA paint codes to my site for each color. https://sites.google.com/site/brange...uction-numbers
Old 10-23-2021, 03:55 PM

I found this in the glove compartment. Can you figure out what color paint it has? Also, I found a picture of a Camaro model on Ebay that has a mystic teal metallic color.

Quick Reply: Need help from green/teal Camaro owners... what color is this?