Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Need help from green/teal Camaro owners... what color is this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 05:30 PM

Need help from green/teal Camaro owners... what color is this?

This is the first time in awhile I've really been confused about the color of a car I've found. This 1994 V6 Camaro doesn't appear repainted to me... but it can only be one of two colors for its year, and I can't figure out what color that is!

It's either Dark Green-Gray Metallic which normally appears almost a hard to describe gunmetal blue like below, to shades of gray and shades of a low saturated (dull--almost gray) green.

Or it's Bright Teal Metallic, which normally appears bright blue, but under a certain lighting, it will appear an almost impossibly different deep green color. I've never seen one look pale green before, but I'm leaning towards saying the car in question is this color.

Name:  96brightteal-SS.jpg
Views: 11244
Size:  43.3 KB

Anyone who actually owns one in the above colors have any idea????

Last edited by Brangeta; 07-30-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:57 PM

I emailed the dealer on autotrader to see what paint code shows up in the RPO codes. Nobody ever answers me on autotrader, but there's always a time for FIRST right?
Old 07-30-2009, 06:01 PM

Found another one that looks similar in its pics. From this pic, I can definitely tell it is NOT Dark Green Gray Metallic, so it must be Bright Teal. Weird. That color changing paint sure does cause me a lot of grief when going through pics for my site.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:44 PM

Mystic Teal wasn't offered until '95 but it could have easily been repainted. That's what it appears to be anyway...

I should talk to you about my first Z28...you'd probably get a kick out of it. The second Mystic Teal Camaro produced off the line, the first was automatic, so mine was the first 6 speed Mystic Teal to ever come off the assembly line.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:56 PM

That's crazy. Do you have pics from when it was new? I'm in a never ending quest to find pictures someone took in the '90s of a bunch of brand new Camaros on a dealership's lot, but haven't found any so far.

SURPRISINGLY, I just received my first email in-the-history-of-ever from a question asked on Autotrader... they gave me the paint code (along with a scan of the window sticker from when new), and it is indeed Bright Teal Metallic. Insane. Guess it really deserves its chameleon nickname! I'd never seen one that pale before. Guess the pic will be going on my site!
Old 08-01-2009, 01:47 PM

The color is Dark Green Gray Metallic. My wife had one of that color. In our area we have only seen one other.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:22 PM

Sorry, I saw the window sticker and paint code. It's a surprise to me too, but it's the way the guy's camera photographed Bright Teal Metallic. Weird huh?
Old 08-03-2009, 11:05 AM

Looks bright teal metallic to me.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:01 PM

The Color for the top one is actually polynesian green it took me about an eon to find that out lol. If anyone can get info on the color and the years it was offered i'd really appreciate it. I own the same 1994 z28 and love the color.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:48 PM

Look at my web site. I have EVERY factory production color represented with the accurate Chevrolet Camaro paint name. Where you got polynesian green, I have no idea...
http://sites.google.com/site/branget...arohistory2222

Google transferred my site to another system, so it's kind of an ugly design right now, so excuse that.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by 6SpdLT1Z
Looks bright teal metallic to me.
I had a bright teal metallic Camaro, and the one Brangeta is asking about is NOT bright teal metallic. Even faded, not even close (and my paint was faded in some places).
Old 12-09-2009, 11:16 PM

the first 3 pics are the same color as mine , i dont think they made many like that color
Old 12-10-2009, 09:34 AM

The pics I was asking about no longer work, but the car that was in question was indeed Bright Teal Metallic. I think it was this car:
Name:  95brighttealV6-ConflictCamaro5.jpg
Views: 8619
Size:  105.7 KB

The lighting and his camera made it look pastel green which confused me, but sure enough, it was bright teal metallic.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:29 AM

i can get the rpo code and actual color name for u from my vin decoder , from when i decoded my vin i found out they only made like 2600 camaros with that color of the first pics u posted , my car is that color
Old 12-10-2009, 01:27 PM

No need, I already have that info. Thanks for the offer though.

Quick Reply: Need help from green/teal Camaro owners... what color is this?