Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Lambo door install pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 12:22 AM

Re: Lambo door install pics

I like the lambo doors but the rims are too much my friend, they arent doing you any favours. Also, if you paint the hood(which i think you should) you should paint the scoop as well IMO. It would just be so...... strange looking to have a carbon fibre hood scoop. Good job with the lambo's but the car needs some work IMO. paint the hood, drop the wheels, and the lambo kit will REALLY stand out.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:31 AM

dude your car is sick, the doors are nice, ive never seen them on an f bod before, and i have to sa theyre pretty damn cool, the rims just arent my style, but if you enjoy how it looks what does it matter, i just like the stock wheels, but thats me its cool as hell and ure camaro is an awesome way to express yourself
Old 04-17-2006, 12:36 AM

i agree on painting the hood but do not paint the scoop!!! people put the manta stripe on to black it out, even better to have the cf show through. 20's aren't that bad i think but maybe a diff design. good job on the doors btw!!
Old 04-17-2006, 03:28 AM

I always thought the idea of Lambo doors were cool since our doors SUCK getting out of tight spots.

I just think it's gross looking because the fenders have to be cut for the mirrors not to rub and it just looks odd (breaks the flow) afterwards.

Have you thought about putting Trans-Am mirrors on there? Not sure if that would help the problem or make it worse...
Old 04-17-2006, 08:32 AM

You should have done that to a V6 model and left the SS alone Wheels like that do not belong on a Camaro, nor does the lambo door kit
Old 04-17-2006, 10:14 AM

I saw some guy put on Vette mirrors....that looked very good imo.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:30 AM

Looks like the doors would be a little difficult to get in for a 6'3" guy like me.

Kudos though for the nice install and stepping up to the plate to give this a try.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by 5LITEREATER

Have you thought about putting Trans-Am mirrors on there? Not sure if that would help the problem or make it worse...
Originally Posted by Jun10rp
i think im gonna mold the mirror flat and put trans am mirrors on it
Old 04-17-2006, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by GetaZforgetGT
Looks like the doors would be a little difficult to get in for a 6'3" guy like me.

Kudos though for the nice install and stepping up to the plate to give this a try.
no its real easy to get out of the car when the doors are up its like there isnt a door there
Old 04-17-2006, 01:50 PM

Not my taste on the wheels, but I like the lambo doors because they serve a purpose. How awesome would it be to not have to look for huge parking spots because I can't open the huge doors on my car? Nicely done on the install. Look into C5 or maybe C6 mirrors. The trans am mirrors would look out of place with that curvy radical design they have.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:20 PM

I was under the impression that most lambo doors still had to be opened 1-3 inches before they could rise up which tells me they just dont go straight up. If thats the case then your purpose is defeated. I wouldnt mind trying Lambo doors but it's way to much of a hassle and the money spent could go toward a nice nitrous kit, tq arm bar, qual shocks, etc. Just my way of thinking.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
If thats the case then your purpose is defeated.
eh? what do you mean??
Old 04-17-2006, 03:04 PM

i agree with aggiez28. the doors look like they were put in with care and precision, but that was a perfectly fine and relatively RARE Camaro SS that got chopped up.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by lt1aggie
Sorry I meant to type Corvette mirrors like mentioned above. I had just read the Trans-Am thing and that was apparently stuck in my head while typing...
Old 04-17-2006, 03:11 PM

From what most people tell me with the current kits average sized people could get out of their car before the dorr can even lift up. If that's the case how does that help in a tight sqeeze (if thats the purpose of getting them) if you have to open the door 1-3 inches anyway? Im just a little confused there.

Quick Reply: Lambo door install pics