Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Install Clear Corners

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 05:22 PM

Install Clear Corners

Well I just got my clear corners in the mail today and I was really happy to get them. But as soon as I started to try to take the bolts off from under the front of the car, my hopes dropped. First none of the bolts would come off, because #1: they are rusty and #2: the plastic wont hold the bolts tight enough to be able to use a wrech to get them off. Well I couldnt get any of them off after using rust remover and everything else I could think of. So I ended up giving one of them as much power as I had and I ended up busting a nice chunk of plastic off where the screw is.
Anyway, I was just wondering if there is something I am missing on how to remove these panels or an eaiser way to put them in??? I'm really dissapointed right now, cause I was really looking forward to getting these on my car.
All help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dustin
Old 07-22-2006, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Install Clear Corners

Hey Dustin!

Might want to try a different brand "rust remover". Try using some Liquid Wrench and really try hard to get it on the threads and the clip that is rusted. Not sure what else to tell ya I've not had this problem myself... guess because I take my car apart so darn often.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:47 AM

I am not sure on the Camaro's, but when I had to replace the turn signal bulbs I went ahead and took my orange corner lenses out and cleaned them. I did this by going in from the top of the engine bay and just unscrewing the bulbs, taking them out, then I SLOWLY pulled the corner lenses out. I put them in the same way just reversed of course. I hope that helps.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:56 AM

Brent94Z: I'm probably going to take your advice, the crap I used doesnt seem to work very well. Mine are probably really rusted because I live in WI, and I drive my car in the winter (Camaro+Snow=No good, haha)

EHuff: I cant even see my corner lense from the top of the car. The battery is in the way on one side and the air intake stuff is on the other.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:27 PM

yea they really jam those 350's in their huh? lol did u also do the back corner lenses? i just put those on today...i like a lot! soon i will get the front corners
Old 07-31-2006, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by pinball-1
Brent94Z: I'm probably going to take your advice, the crap I used doesnt seem to work very well. Mine are probably really rusted because I live in WI, and I drive my car in the winter (Camaro+Snow=No good, haha)

EHuff: I cant even see my corner lense from the top of the car. The battery is in the way on one side and the air intake stuff is on the other.
i had this same problem a lil while back hehe..

when anyways, forget gettin the turn signal lense from the top, i dont know how u would be able to get them off from the top
raise ur car up, and remove the 8-10 bolts that hold the splash guards in place, and u can remove the 2 screws that hold the lense..
Old 07-31-2006, 03:42 AM

Dude, I just did mine a week ago. Open the hood. Look down behind the headlights. It's tight but a small wrench will work. I think there is three bolts on each light. The corner lenses are bigger than they look. They have to come off from the inside. It takes some coaxing, but they will come out. carefull putting the new ones in though, they fit tighter than the stock ones and you dont want to crack them. I'll look at mine again and give ya more details.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by camaro02
Dude, I just did mine a week ago. Open the hood. Look down behind the headlights. It's tight but a small wrench will work. I think there is three bolts on each light. The corner lenses are bigger than they look. They have to come off from the inside. It takes some coaxing, but they will come out. carefull putting the new ones in though, they fit tighter than the stock ones and you dont want to crack them. I'll look at mine again and give ya more details.
You have on 02? Changing these from the top on a 98+ is very doable and recommend... changing them from the top on a 93-97 requires a blow torch