Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Camaro Casanova's car is at Barrett-Jackson auctions this week

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
No need to call names. You build a car that extreme and unusual, you're bound to hear some opinions. Some good, some bad. You set yourself up for that.

It looks like great workmanship -- it just doesn't mesh with my taste at all. To be perfectly honest with you, every visual modification you made was a step away from my taste with the exception of one -- I love the shade of blue you chose for the paint.

No, I don't feel stupid, I feel surprised. The car is simply unlike anything I've seen going across the block at B-J, and I really didn't think it was the right venue to sell a car like that. Congratulations to you for getting a decent price out of it.
That was all you needed to say in the first place...remember you insulted me first by saying what you said. Squashed.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:33 AM

I don't think i would ever make a car that i owned look like that. I actually do really like the car. No one will ever see a car like that again. Its unique, and it was done with taste. Great car Cassanova, why did you decide to sell it?
Old 01-21-2008, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by skibbez93z
I don't think i would ever make a car that i owned look like that. I actually do really like the car. No one will ever see a car like that again. Its unique, and it was done with taste. Great car Cassanova, why did you decide to sell it?
You get to a point where you can no longer do anything to the car, and you are just plain tired of working on it. I owned the car for 13 years-it was fun but it just began to be a burden on my family.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:50 AM
JAB

Originally Posted by CamaroCasanova
You get to a point where you can no longer do anything to the car, and you are just plain tired of working on it. I owned the car for 13 years-it was fun but it just began to be a burden on my family.
So......what'd you do about that battery?
Old 01-21-2008, 10:58 AM

Well, I agreed with another poster and will also apologize for being a bit crude I guess. I also thought the craftsmanship of the project was great. It was the actual styling that I didn't feel. I guess ya gotta stand out at car shows though, and that it did very well.

The only thing that came to mind was that you prolly had more than $45000 in the project.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:06 PM

Camaro Casanova has never been anything but a gentleman on this board. Call911 and Jake Robb, you two DID act like jerk offs here.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bud M
Camaro Casanova has never been anything but a gentleman on this board. Call911 and Jake Robb, you two DID act like jerk offs here.
I'm a jerkoff because I have an opinion and I shared it?

Old 01-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Its actually possible to say you don't like it, without insulting or ridiculing people. Not sure what kind of satisfaction you get out of the nasty approach.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Its actually possible to say you don't like it, without insulting or ridiculing people. Not sure what kind of satisfaction you get out of the nasty approach.
I don't recall insulting or ridiculing any people. Just the car. Like I said before, he set himself up to hear stuff like that when he chose to build such an extreme car.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:28 PM

Count me in for the fugly camp.

I'll give you amazing... amazingly fugly.

My prediction: the car is going to get laughed off the stage at B-J without a single bid.
I laughed so hard when I read that. Phew! Thanks. I was actually watching the BJ auction when this car rolled onto the block. Mike Joy and Steve Magnante had this reaction... While they were super impressed (as am I) with the level of craftmanship and time devoted to accomplishing something like this, the overall concensus was that, well...it was way overdone. I do believe this car is supercharged though
Old 01-21-2008, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by FerrMaro
I laughed so hard when I read that. Phew! Thanks. I was actually watching the BJ auction when this car rolled onto the block. Mike Joy and Steve Magnante had this reaction... While they were super impressed (as am I) with the level of craftmanship and time devoted to accomplishing something like this, the overall concensus was that, well...it was way overdone. I do believe this car is supercharged though
Of course the car was over done, it was SUPPOSED to be. When have you gone to a real custom car show and saw a competitive car that was not more than what you would want in a car that you drove daily?

Last edited by snorkelface; 01-21-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by snorkelface
Of course the car was over done, it was SUPOOSED to be. When have you gone to a real custom car show and saw a competitive car that was not more than what you would want in a car that you drove daily?
At the last car show I went to, there were hundreds of cars matching that description.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Banned

I don't recall insulting or ridiculing any people. Just the car. Like I said before, he set himself up to hear stuff like that when he chose to build such an extreme car.
When you ridicule a car that somebody has poured thousands of dollars, several years, and lots of effort into, you effectively ridicule the person that owns the car.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:19 PM

i cant believe the way people talk about this car. thid car is prob the most customized 4th gen i have ever seen. some people have no respect. i hear the same stuff all the time, "i cant believe you spent that much time on appearance mods and not on the motor" i jsut wish you would have got at least another 10 grand for it, i watched it go across the block. i know how mch all the chrome and paint costs. dont pay attention to the ignorant ones.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:24 PM

At the last car show I went to, there were hundreds of cars matching that description.
So you went to a CUSTOM car show with a bunch of cars that looked close to stock, and they were winning the awards?

Quick Reply: Camaro Casanova's car is at Barrett-Jackson auctions this week