Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Camaro Casanova's car is at Barrett-Jackson auctions this week

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 06:48 PM

lol i give you $1 for so i can run it off a cliff that thing is FUGLY
Old 01-22-2008, 11:21 AM

cassanova...congrats on the money. i didnt expect you to get that much for it because at those auctions its usually early 70s or older, unless its a brand new car, like the ZR1.

my car was in domstic drivers magazine right before yours, same issue. i was noticing it there, and while i respect the work and effort put into it, its not something i would do.

for those who talk ish...keep in mind, when you go to car shows, if nobody built extreme cars, the shows would be VERY boring. we need cars like this to spice up the shows and get conversations going.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by snorkelface
So you went to a CUSTOM car show with a bunch of cars that looked close to stock, and they were winning the awards?
At the last car show I went to that had awards, our stock-appearing Grand National won an award. It wasn't just customs, but there was a class for customs. The cars that won in that class... well, let's just say they didn't look anything like CC's car.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:14 PM

I too, was very surprised at the price it sold for.... That's all I have to say, I don't want to insult anyone.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:32 PM

I will make one last post on this topic: to all the haters,
to everyone else, thanks for the love-

I am glad I won't have to "answer" to anyone that didn't like what I did with the car. It was fun and an experience that no one can take away from me, not to mention one that few people will ever get to have.

Other than that I am around to answer PM's about customizing, but don't expect to see all that much of me anymore, there's a ton of hate on this board that makes it unappealing.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroCasanova
I will make one last post on this topic: to all the haters,
to everyone else, thanks for the love-

I am glad I won't have to "answer" to anyone that didn't like what I did with the car. It was fun and an experience that no one can take away from me, not to mention one that few people will ever get to have.

Other than that I am around to answer PM's about customizing, but don't expect to see all that much of me anymore, there's a ton of hate on this board that makes it unappealing.
I'm sorry about too many people hating on your former car. I watched the auction & was pulling for you. I wished you had got more for it. I'm sure you spent many hrs. & $$$ customizing that car. I think too many folks here were simply wrapped up in critiquing your design style. Is it my favorite? Not really but It's not bad. I certainly can appreciate the effort you put in it. So people, stop the hating & mind your e-manners
Old 01-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Administrator

This thread shows several people for the small-minded thinkers they really are. The comments of several are little more than "flames", and whether they are directed at the car or the individual, they are simply not welcome on this site. It would have been very easy to give out a few infractions to these people, but they really aren't worth the effort.

Good luck to Camaro Casanova in whatever he chooses to do in the future.

With that, this thread serves no useful purpose, and will be closed.