Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

anybody got a write up on installing indiglo gauges with the controller?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 06:05 PM

Post anybody got a write up on installing indiglo gauges with the controller?

ok so I got some indiglo gauges but I left the instructions at my house 30 min away. So anybody have a write up on connecting the switch thingy to the electronics? Thanks
Old 07-18-2002, 12:23 PM

Let me see if I remember, only two wires? Black to ground source, I took off the steering column bolt nut and put it there... to the right of the steering column, and the red or orange wire you have to put on one of the wires coming out of the light switch that is hot only when the lights are on. There are like 8 or so wires, so I just poked a test light into each one with the lights on and found one that was hot and then turned the lights off to see if it went dead. If it stays on when you turn the lights off don't use that one. When you find a good wire, I think there were at least two, cut it and solder the three ends together and wrap with electrical tape. Your done. Hope I remembered correctly... this is off the top of my head, I did the install about 6 months ago. Good luck

------------------
1994 Black Z28 M6 T-Top 58k, Mods:
-Computer: LT1 Edit, AKM Elecronics Cable, TTS Datamaster
-Intake and Exhaust: Custom 4" PVC Cold Air Intake w/ K&N, !TB, Mac Hi-Flow Y-Pipe, Random Tech Hi-Flow Cat, Flowmaster American Thunder 2 Chamber, 3" Flowtech Cutout
-Transmission: B&M Ripper, ES Poly Tranny Mount, !CAGS
-Suspension/Wheels: Granatelli MS STB, LCA's, Mac Panhard Rod, Thick Spoke C5 Rims -18" all the way around Kuhmo ECTA Supra 712 275/35/ZR18's
-Cosmetic: SS Hood, 97+ Console, White Face/Indiglo Guages