Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

3rd gen ideas, along with questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 03:46 AM

Lightbulb 3rd gen ideas, along with questions.

Here is what I have in mind for my 3rd gen Sport Coupe Berlinetta.
H4 conversion low beams.
*correct me if im wrong but H4 is low beam and high beam in one bulb correct?* If this is correct that means I no longer need the stock high beams and don't need to waste money on the H4 converstions for the highbeams, So what I was thinking is, take out the highbeams and some how cover up that housing for the bulb, but also make it so it is reversable in case I need to sell the car. Mabey a peice of sheet metal painted black?
Cragar S/S rims.
I saw these rims on an Orange SS/RS and fell in love with the car. The rims set the car off. I was wondering if anyone has these rims on a 3rd gen, or has seem these rims on a 3rd gen.
Clear parking lamps and side markers.
One thing I do for all my cars is L.E.D. I love how the look when activated, no slow fading bulbs, just quick and clean. I want to use clear lenses, but use amber L.e.d. lights. Some stock Camaros use clear bumper lenses, but mine however are amber....is this interchangeable? Does anyone know where to find the side markers?
Suspension kits.
I plan on auto-xing this car in the near future, and use it as a weekend car. Does anyone even offer a kit for the V6? Will a V8 kit work for my car?
New seats.
I want to fit 4th gen seats into my car, will they bolt up or do I need to modify the seats to make them fit safely?
Thats it for now, I havn't really gotten the chance to sit in the car and plan it out....been too busy. Ive had the car for 2 months, Ive driven it 3 times, washed it once, and spent 0 hours working on it.
Thank you in advance.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:32 AM

suspension wise v6 is identical to v8. the only possible difference would be that the front may sit at a different height due to the v6 being a bit lighter...but would probably be less than 1/4"

i've spent alot of time researching parts...years ago when i owned an 87 Iroc and stuff for my 96 and now my 99.

if i remember correctly, the v6's didnt' come with a rear sway bar. installing one dramatically increases the cornering performance of the car, and i think the one i pulled out of my 99 z will work on your car. i know the front wont though.

email me or PM me so we can chat
Old 01-28-2004, 08:09 AM

Your ideas sound good, and I do know for a fact that the 4th gen seats will bolt right in your 3rd gen. Good luck with all!
Old 01-28-2004, 08:22 AM

Thank you for the responses. As for the seats, now I just need to find the right color scheme. I either want all black leather, or grey with black cloth. A rear sway bar would help settle the *** end down? The 3rd time I drove the car I had my sister with me, to give her a taste of what Auto-x is like, and to put her and my mothers mind at ease that its not dangerous....I decided to show her what its like. All through the regular corners I pulled them off perfectly keeping a avg speed around corners rated at 25 mph at about 45-50 mph. I came up to a S curve and dropped to 35 mph, I decided to try to attempt to drift the corner, well I hit the apex doing about 30 and floored it, the *** end came out perfect and I difted through the first corner, as I started the second turn, the car completely lost it and spun one way, spun the other and did a complete 180 in the other direction. I looked at my sister, expecting to smell a rotten smell and see a awful look, to my suprize I smelt only burnt tires and saw a smile...with that she said "Do it again!" Now this was a fun experence for me, but when it comes to racing....I can't do that.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:24 PM

the rear bar will definatly settle the rear end.

the bar i have is just sittin at my buddies house in homestead.

where is the S curve you talk about? in key west? and is there an auto X club in KW?

have been looking for a car club nearby.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:40 PM

Yes, the next race in in febuary on Loop road. This will be my second event, and my first time running Loop road. Im still debating on which car to run...and Id like to get my scooter in there and see how many people I beat with a scooter. www.evscc.com thats the url for the club. When I recive my newsletter Ill copy it and give it to ya. You can come whatch my Camry lay the smack down.