2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top Gear on the 2010 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 07:10 PM

Clarkson can hate on American cars all he wants, I could give 2 shats about his opinion. What I do hate is that he constantly breathes through his wretched teeth and makes this disgusting sucking sound between each sentence. The guy is a Cromag. Watch and episode and you'll forever hear it if you didn't before.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:24 PM

lol i love Clarkson..hilarious.. cant wait to see him eat his words when he drives it thougH
Old 07-28-2008, 08:49 PM

I think it was idiotic to say those things. But he is a Third Gen fan, so I might just let him go on that.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:21 PM

Let's see, its a US car, designed here and Austrailia, made in Canada. All we need is a couple of guys in India doing a few drawings for it and we've got The Car Brought to You By the Entire current/former British Empire! What's not to love over at Top Gear?
Old 07-29-2008, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

Anyone who think Jeremy Clarkson actually means the things he says is just looking for stuff to argue about.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:44 AM

Its as much a comedy show as it is a car show. Its like calling Jay Leno unpatriotic because he make a joke about the President in his monologue.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Disciple

Originally Posted by ChrisL
They're still pissed we threw their tea into Boston Harbor.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winna!!
Old 07-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Admin Emeritus

Talking

Originally Posted by rcowan99
Let's see, its a US car, designed here and Austrailia, made in Canada. All we need is a couple of guys in India doing a few drawings for it...
Don't forget the lead exterior designer of the Camaro project... Sang Yup Lee.

I think that having a good mixture of engineering and design backgrounds involved in the car is a good thing.

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
Anyone who think Jeremy Clarkson actually means the things he says is just looking for stuff to argue about.

So true.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Don't forget the lead exterior designer of the Camaro project... Sang Yup Lee.

I think that having a good mixture of engineering and design backgrounds involved in the car is a good thing.
Absolutely. I've had the fortune of working on projects with multiple countries at the same time. It really opens your eyes. It was after spending some time with the French team when I realized the Camaro logo is the French flag backwards...

As for those guys on Top Gear, I still like to think this is a car of the entire British empire, minus the europeans, and part of them feels ignored and abandoned. :P Can't wait to see them drive it!
Old 07-29-2008, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by vonmoldy
...All we are good at is herding bison? It's so ridiculous..
Don't take it to heart brother. His humor may get offensive at times, just try not take it personally. I used to absolutely hate "CAR" magazine 'cos they never had anything good to say about American cars. But in the end, I realized we didn't build cars with Europeans in mind (not recently at least).

Originally Posted by vonmoldy
I really think that they just don't "get" muscle cars. They may not know much about American automotive culture or just how many long expanses of open highway we have. Either that or they do know and just talk crap so their ignorant audience eats it up..
You're right, they probably dont' get muscle cars (altough as I mentioned, Hammond owns a couple of muscle cars), just like I don't get why they like tea so much.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by jaymac332
"What if this turns out to be good?"
"It wont."
"But what if it does?"
"It wont."
Okay, does this not say something about how subjective this guy is? He completely dismissed it before even driving it. It's a Chevy, so it must be crap. This guy is a professional? That is just bad journalism right there, dismissing the car before knowing the figures...and then when he is given good statistics like the engine and independent suspension, he still dismisses it and, big surprise here, promotes Europe.

I read everyone elses comments, saying how he just tells the truth. Im sorry, but the truth is not a factor when he bashes a car before driving it especially after the SS just made a decent enough laptime on the Nurberring to be a viable competitor...and for a fairly good price.

Yeah, he does bash most other countries as well, but he seems to take a particular liking to making fun of Americans and on top of that I seem to never hear him say anything negative about British cars and god knows that they have their flaws too. The man is so bias it makes me sick. Meh, I think he is just venting...he must feel a little butt-hurt after the ZR1, a CHEVY, slayed at the NURBERING last week, beating all of his precious British cars

Am I mistaken or did our papa-bear take the number one spot on the list of fastest times?

Clarkson is very offensive if you take it personally. Just don't. Is Clarkson a figure like Peter Klutt that we can trust (w/ a grain of salt) or more of a TV personality? I'm sure you know the answer, thus he is what he is.

And no, our ZR-1 didn't take take fastest time. Not even close. But it was dang fast, baby!
Old 07-29-2008, 10:32 AM
djn

Originally Posted by Mushasi
Clarkson is very offensive if you take it personally. Just don't. Is Clarkson a figure like Peter Klutt that we can trust (w/ a grain of salt) or more of a TV personality? I'm sure you know the answer, thus he is what he is.

And no, our ZR-1 didn't take take fastest time. Not even close. But it was dang fast, baby!
He's an azzhole its in his nature; he can't help it, he's not always right but he's never wrong.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Chevycobb
didn't aston martin beat out the C6R in GT1 this year at LeMans?

The past 2 years...
Old 07-29-2008, 10:50 AM

is it possible that his view on this car is representative of how the rest of the world views american cars and the camaro?
Old 07-29-2008, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Chevycobb
is it possible that his view on this car is representative of how the rest of the world views american cars and the camaro?
Nope. Just overpaid self-serving egotistical British blowhards.

Quick Reply: Top Gear on the 2010 Camaro