2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

new motortrend

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by guionM

There seems to be 2 groups of 5th gen fans here. The first is represented by 426HPSS who is so emored with his Camaro that the thing could be dog crap in a box and he'd defend it. Then there's the other group who think the Camaro SS IS crap in a box because it's too heavy, too cheap, or too something else. I've had one quite a few times (as well as the new Mustang and Challenger (though I haven't driven a manual Challenger yet). Here's my take on all of this.

Hey Guy, nice to see you posting here more often bro.

With that out of the way, let me disagree.

It's so easy to try and catagorize everyone into two neat little groups, but the truth is far more complex than that I think. I know, (trust me, I KNOW ), that there is a faction which will try to paint anyone with any criticism of the car as some sort of douchebag, hater - I mean really go out of their way to personally harm someone's reputation. And that's too bad, since we are all mostly friends here. There are people who absolutely love the car, taking offense to even the slightest criticism of it and those who absolutely hate it, not being able to tolerate any praise for it. Those are the minority bookends though.

I think that mostly, lots and lots of people kind of fall in between. They don't worship the car and they don't revile it either. They were maybe hoping for a GREAT car, but see this one as merely GOOD. There are people who accept that the car has visual excitement, but yet are not excited by the car's driving experience. The car's strongest feature, it's styling, draws mixed reviews sometimes. Even on this site, which is a bastion of enthusiasm for the car, there are all kinds of shades of gray when it comes to opinions of it.

.....and there should be plenty of room for all of that.

Last edited by Z284ever; 08-12-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:27 AM

Gion sure has a way with words huh? "would defend the car if it were dog crap in a box".
Very nice......from a guy who brags about a 21yr old Thunderbird....uh huh....
You make many intelligent statements on this site sir but when you say stupidities like that you really lose credibility IMHO.

If you think I am excited about my car you are right. If you think I dont see it's weaknesses you are wrong and you dont read .... The car has many strenghts and some weaknesses but for what it is.... the V8 SS is a strong value and because you dont want one does not mean you are right ....both about your criticisms or about the way you approach them when you laugh at people who love their camaros.
Actually IMHO I think you should be pulled off the site for comments like that but that is just me....I have been in the car retail business for 25 yrs and I run a car dealership that does not sell chevys by the way and I too know a thing or 2 about cars and trucks sooo maybe my defense is strong because I want GM to continue to have a business case for the car and I do like the car but your sarcasm is insulting and I would venture to say insulting to anyone who owns the car and listens to your "crap" comments...
IMHO of course....
Old 08-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Admin Emeritus

Guys, please construct your personal opinions without personal insults. We're all grown ups and all friends here. Relax and respect each other's boundaries.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:35 PM
BTC

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY: Dalton, GA: Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
So, is GM going to make the Z28?

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...oss16_ST_N.htm
Old 08-16-2010, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by BTC
It depends on what you mean by that. The buzz is that there will be a model called Z28, but that it will be more akin to the GT500. There are no credible rumors I'm aware of that indicate a direct competitor to this new Boss 302. That does not necessarily mean GM isn't working on it, if they're keeping leaks under control.

Some of the tuners are offering mods to the SS model that are similar to the Boss 302 (better suspension, a little more HP without forced induction, more extroverted styling).