2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

new motortrend

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by GMRL
Cant please everyone I guess.
I remember how many complaints people had about the 4th gens.
Now its kind of the opposite and you still get complaints.
Yea I figured one of the very things everyone wanted for a world class car would also **** everyone off when it came time to put it on the scales. Im speaking of IRS.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:29 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by CamaroZ282008
What I don't understand though is how the slow Challenger somehow did better then the Camaro
Did I mention how awesome polka music is?
Old 06-07-2010, 08:51 AM

Funny how the weight is not an issue with me especially when you hit rutted potholed covered Ontario roads....Love the look, feel and muscle and neat interior of the SS....Funny how ALL the Mustangs I pass look hard and long at "my" SS....Funny how my powertrain warranty blows the door off any Ford....Funny how people still gather around in the neighborhood when I pull my black beauty out on a nice sunday (yesterday)...Funny how one car mag loves your car and the next puts it in the weeds....Funny how GM/Chevy did so many things right with my new Camaro that the fact that Mustang is one tenth quicker to 60MPH by a professional race driver in one test or another....Funny how I just dont care about Mustangs as they are as common as Corolla's around here....Yawn.....Just another Stang....
Funny how I absolutely HATE Polka music.......
Old 06-07-2010, 01:02 PM

What does Fbodfather think of this article?
Old 06-07-2010, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by 426HPSS
Funny how the weight is not an issue with me especially when you hit rutted potholed covered Ontario roads....Love the look, feel and muscle and neat interior of the SS....Funny how ALL the Mustangs I pass look hard and long at "my" SS....Funny how my powertrain warranty blows the door off any Ford....Funny how people still gather around in the neighborhood when I pull my black beauty out on a nice sunday (yesterday)...Funny how one car mag loves your car and the next puts it in the weeds....Funny how GM/Chevy did so many things right with my new Camaro that the fact that Mustang is one tenth quicker to 60MPH by a professional race driver in one test or another....Funny how I just dont care about Mustangs as they are as common as Corolla's around here....Yawn.....Just another Stang....
Funny how I absolutely HATE Polka music.......

You sure do talk like nothings better then a Camaro. Specifically the 2010 that's black that gets plenty of stares by car guys who happen to drive a mustang What's your point? The 2010 Camaro is a great looking car and people will stare at it...get over it. Who cares if people come by the drowns to stare at your "black beauty" pulling out of your garage. I get people everyday complementing me on my 16 year old Mustang sitting in the parking lot. You seem to be a hater of the very car that got the wheels turning for the original camaros production in the first place. Haters will always hate.
Someone who can appreciate both cars with an unbiased point of view are the types of people who are true car enthusiast.

As for your statement about the mustangs being as common as corollas it's so very true who would of thought. I wonder why? Well both the Mustang and Camaro are relatively affordable mass produced cars right? So in turn there will be a ton of them eventually. Give it another year and camaro's will be in the same boat. On average I see a good 5-8 2010 Camaros a day and about 8-10 mustangs of all generations...a day. Remember you are driving a Camaro, not a Ferrari Enzo.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:55 PM

You sure do talk like nothings better then a Camaro. Specifically the 2010 that's black that gets plenty of stares by car guys who happen to drive a mustang What's your point? The 2010 Camaro is a great looking car and people will stare at it...get over it. Who cares if people come by the drowns to stare at your "black beauty" pulling out of your garage. I get people everyday complementing me on my 16 year old Mustang sitting in the parking lot. You seem to be a hater of the very car that got the wheels turning for the original camaros production in the first place. Haters will always hate.
Someone who can appreciate both cars with an unbiased point of view are the types of people who are true car enthusiast.

As for your statement about the mustangs being as common as corollas it's so very true who would of thought. I wonder why? Well both the Mustang and Camaro are relatively affordable mass produced cars right? So in turn there will be a ton of them eventually. Give it another year and camaro's will be in the same boat. On average I see a good 5-8 2010 Camaros a day and about 8-10 mustangs of all generations...a day. Remember you are driving a Camaro, not a Ferrari Enzo.
What's wrong with a Camaro owner being a happy Camaro owner on a Camaro board?
Old 06-08-2010, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by HuJass
What's wrong with a Camaro owner being a happy Camaro owner on a Camaro board?
Absolutely nothing. What's wrong is a camaro owner bashing the competitor and talking the 2010 camaro up like it's the best thing since sliced bread. It's time for a reality check. Here it goes- The new 2010 Camaro is Heavy, the footprint is physically too large(6th gen. is addressing this.), It's IRS actually isn't all that great when compared to that "old" live axle, the interior is terrible from ergonomics to design( GM agrees with me and a few thousand others here), visibility is plain bad...something that's pretty important. Due to it's weight when a supercharger or other aftermarket mod(S) is added it's performance isn't even on par with an old 03-04 Cobra with similar mods, heck even an LS1 F-body is faster then the 2010. That's all.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:44 AM
Admin Emeritus

Haters will always hate.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:57 AM

you know why i dont believe anything i hear from some of these magazines? becasue froom what i have heard from people who have actually drove the new mustangs.......they said their terrable. not nearly as good of a ride and handling as the camaro.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:05 AM

Absolutely nothing. What's wrong is a camaro owner bashing the competitor and talking the 2010 camaro up like it's the best thing since sliced bread.
Because you definitely can't go on a Mustang-fan site and read the same things, or a Challenger-fan site, or a sport-compact-fan site, etc, etc, etc....

Last edited by Z28CamaroPower!; 06-08-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:30 AM

Talking

Read the dozens of positive reviews....should I list them?? Motor Trend comes out against car and the whole site needs to believe the mag jockeys from MT.....drive one sir... on a regular basis...day in and day out....world class in 95% of its components. The interior is great, visibility is a NON issue if you own one and yeah...shes a bit heavy(pays BIG dividends when the roads are rough or do you spend your life on smooth interstates?....so what??...most stang owners with their heavy GF's riding along will get to 60MPH at same time as me solo.
Yeah...I am on a CAMARO site and I LOVE my SS.....Like the gentleman said ...what the heck is wrong with that...???
I dont see many owners piping in and saying ...gee that Mustang is sweet....We knew the Mustang would be good....We did not WANT a Mustang....Maybe you see 8-10 a day in your market but I have seen one V6 and NO V8's on the road all spring in the Greater Toronto area....so guess what...It aint NO Enzo but it's special, unique and the best looking and one of the best performing coupes of the decade IMHO. Ferraris are for guys who have to show all their friends that they made it in life. SS Camaros are for guys who love a beautiful Muscle car after all there are tons of # series around that cost more than my car...
And wait till you resell that mustang....Check the black book buddy....
Lovin my SS....
Old 06-08-2010, 05:14 PM

What's wrong is a camaro owner bashing the competitor and talking the 2010 camaro up like it's the best thing since sliced bread.
What do you expect from a Camaro enthusiast on a Camaro enthusiast board?
Should he be bashing the Camaro?
Should any of us change our feelings about the Camaro or not talk about how positively we feel about the car?

And he should do all this to appease what appears to be a Mustang owner with not too many posts on this site?

And remember your earlier statement? "Haters will always hate"? You do realize that you yourself are coming across as a hater, don't you?

Last edited by HuJass; 06-08-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:24 PM

What amazes me is how a magazine can be in love with the car earlier in the year and now all of a sudden they **** all over it. Hell, the Challenger is the top end model at over 10K more in $$$ than the Camaro. Sure, the Mustang is a nice car, but it is not like it is going to blow the Camaro out of the water. A few tenths of a second and the car in MT had a special option rear end, which I am sure most will not order. Just wait till the Z28 and convertible come out next year. We will see MT get on their knees and BJ the Camaro once again. We love the Camaro becuase it is just that a Camaro.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by CamaroRagTop
What amazes me is how a magazine can be in love with the car earlier in the year and now all of a sudden they **** all over it.
That's what they do and have always done. To them, it is the flavor of the month.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
That's what they do and have always done. To them, it is the flavor of the month.
Thats true.But and maybe its me but I think this time if they trash the 5th gen just because in their world the newness wore off, they do at their own peril credibility and sales wise.

Right now my opinion of the 5th gen and the potential of the 6th gen is higher than that of Motor Trend. I still enjoy the magazine and perspectives sometimes on strengths and weaknesses on performance and ergonomics. But I read it with a grain of salt when I do...

Last edited by 5thgen69camaro; 06-09-2010 at 12:06 AM.

Quick Reply: new motortrend