2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flex-Fuel V8??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 02:11 PM

Flex-Fuel V8??

With gas prices high as they are now...and not likely to go down significantly anytime soon....what are the chances we get to see a flex-fuel V8...or a flexfuel V8 hybrid in the new camaro??
Old 04-28-2006, 03:02 PM

Re: Flex-Fuel V8??

Like E85 compatable? I'd say it would be nice to have as long as the computer can detect it and use it properly. The amount of money it woudl cost to add it to every camaro shoudln't be too much and having that option might appeal to some buyers, but have no real downside effect on those not wanting to use alternative fuels.

however i don't see a hybrid in the future of the camaro anytime soon. Look for a hbrid in a crusier before a sports car.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:41 PM

Hopefully pretty good. The 5.3 Vortec is currently being used as gms flex fuel V8.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/byfueltype.htm
Old 04-28-2006, 10:16 PM

it would be nice and Id love to buy home grown fuel but it doesnt have the milege of gas. Who cares? well does it have less power too? Dont get me wrong Id use ethenol through the week and gas on weekends but what are the benies and cons?
Old 04-28-2006, 11:42 PM

more power, less economy
Old 04-29-2006, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
it would be nice and Id love to buy home grown fuel but it doesnt have the milege of gas. Who cares? well does it have less power too? Dont get me wrong Id use ethenol through the week and gas on weekends but what are the benies and cons?
If the computer compensates correctly for the E85 it can accually produce more power during that time, even if your getting less fuel economy. How good it works depends on how well the computer works with it.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:18 PM

I SURE would LOVE to run on E85 and the sooner the better! I would be willing to pay more for a Camaro with the capability and would pay $5 a gallon gladly for it, even if the mileage per gallon was not as good. Here's why: I am SICK of paying $3 a gallon for gasoline and knowing I am supporting both those in other countries who would kill our soldiers and us at the first opportunity as well as fat cat Exxon executives who make $190,000 a day with every gallon of gas I pump!!!
E85 burns cleaner, is renewable, and could help us gain our independence from those radicals in the middle east that want us to disappear from the planet. Bombs don't work unless you know exactly where to drop them but if we ran on ethanol in this country, maybe we could starve them back to the stone age! Oh well, I'll get off my soap box now.

Old 04-29-2006, 06:21 PM

Hmmmmm, read back over it after postin and I guess I was being subliminal with my damn self in the above post because even when I'm pissed about gas, I SURE am LOVE SICK for the new Camaro after the unveil in Atlanta this morning!! I'll love it even more if it's flex fuel capable!!!!

Last edited by willz; 04-30-2006 at 07:32 AM.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by willz
I SURE would LOVE to run on E85 and the sooner the better! I would be willing to pay more for a Camaro with the capability and would pay $5 a gallon gladly for it, even if the mileage per gallon was not as good. Here's why: I am SICK of paying $3 a gallon for gasoline and knowing I am supporting both those in other countries who would kill our soldiers and us at the first opportunity as well as fat cat Exxon executives who make $190,000 a day with every gallon of gas I pump!!!
E85 burns cleaner, is renewable, and could help us gain our independence from those radicals in the middle east that want us to disappear from the planet. Bombs don't work unless you know exactly where to drop them but if we ran on ethanol in this country, maybe we could starve them back to the stone age! Oh well, I'll get off my soap box now.

Thanks for saying that; kept me from getting on MY soapbox! Totally agree!!
Old 04-30-2006, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by willz

QFT
Old 04-30-2006, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by DvBoard
If the computer compensates correctly for the E85 it can accually produce more power during that time, even if your getting less fuel economy. How good it works depends on how well the computer works with it.
More power? Home grown. patriotic. Sign me up!
Old 04-30-2006, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
More power? Home grown. patriotic. Sign me up!
it's has a higher octane rating, so timing can be bumped up a bit when it's running on E85 .