Wheels and Tires For all wheel and tire and related discussion - Sponsored by Nitto Tire

C6 OEM Wheels on a 4th Gen

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Administrator

C6 OEM Wheels on a 4th Gen

C6 OEM WHEELS ON A 4th GEN

Special thanks to DontMixWithRice

For anyone looking for more info, the is NOT my car.... it belongs to "DontMixWithRice". Do not send me e-mails or PM's asking about the C6 wheels on my Camaro. Contact DontMixWithRice.

1.25 Spacers...courtesy of Ebay.

=========================

Thank you guys.

to answer your questions:

1. The wheels are O.E.M. 2006 Corvette wheels. 18x9 (245/40/zr18) Front 19x 10 Rear (285x40xzr19)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nycam/7777.jpg

When I first bought them.

Specifications:
• Bolt Circle 5X4.75
• Offset +54 (18 inch Wheels)
• Offset +79 (19 inch Wheels)

2. The day I bought them, I decided that I couldnt wait to put them on, and I installed them at about 9:00 at night. I got the front two on just as fast as it took me to take my current 18's off. NO problem. No spacers. Nothing.

3. I got to the rear, and I immediately noticed a problem. I pulled the wheel off, massaged the inner wheel wells, as well as the quarter panel inner section, with no results.

4. I decided to buy some bolt in adapters, through ebay, being that I found the best price (I beleive it was around $60 for a set of rear spacers 1.25" including locking bolts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...m/P1010029.jpg

(ebay item: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT)

5.In terms of installation, I found that the spacers were cake to put on, but the only thing one should keep in mind is that you want to make sure that they are completely hub centric.

6. The only issue that I've had, and to be honest, its partly my fault, is the rubbing. I have a set of eibachs on my car, and I lowered it even more in the rear...during a hard bump I rub...but no biggie...Ill get over it!

Hope this helps.

MODERATOR's NOTE: Incorporation of this post into the FAQ does not imply approval or recommendation or endorsement of the adapters linked in the post, nor do we have any knowledge of the quality or construction details of those spacers. We can assume no liability with regard to suitability to application.

Last edited by Injuneer; 12-22-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:04 PM

THANK YOU! I just bought a set of these in silver and was wondering what it would take if I decided to use them...

So NO spacers on the front and 1.25" on the rear? I've also pondered just getting another pair of the 18's and going 18's all the way around.

I will have to have the compter reflashed for the different size tires, correct? I've already had a dynotune done and the and I can have that done for free.

Last edited by BandDirector Blk98ZM6; 07-15-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:15 PM

i never reflashed the computer, but yeah, it might throw off ur speedometer a bit.

i have two set of 1.25" spaces for sale.
im selling them for $40 shipped. let me know, and i can get you pics if you like
Old 07-19-2007, 11:54 AM

let me ask u this.... i have a wilwood rear brake kit... it has a 2.75 offset on it.... so do u think i will be fine with out the spacers? as well, could i go to a larger rear such as a 11" or 12" with the offset being

19x11 +64mm

19x12 +59mm

thnx
Old 07-24-2007, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by DontMixWithRice
i never reflashed the computer, but yeah, it might throw off ur speedometer a bit.

i have two set of 1.25" spaces for sale.
im selling them for $40 shipped. let me know, and i can get you pics if you like
YGM...I am interested in at least one set of spacers, and MAYBE both sets.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by BandDirector Blk98ZM6
I will have to have the compter reflashed for the different size tires, correct? I've already had a dynotune done and the and I can have that done for free.
What size are the tires? If you pick a tire size that matches the outside diameter of your current tires (the size programmed into your PCM), you don't have to do anything.

Originally Posted by camarolt4ss
let me ask u this.... i have a wilwood rear brake kit... it has a 2.75 offset on it.... so do u think i will be fine with out the spacers? as well, could i go to a larger rear such as a 11" or 12" with the offset being

19x11 +64mm

19x12 +59mm

thnx
What do you mean when you say your brake kit has a 2.75" offset? Does the brake kit change the location of the hub face that the wheels mount to?
Old 08-05-2007, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
What size are the tires? If you pick a tire size that matches the outside diameter of your current tires (the size programmed into your PCM), you don't have to do anything.
The stock PCM is programmed for 25.7" tires, correct? The stock C6 285/35/19 are 1.2" taller than that which will throw the speedo off by 3 MPH at 65 MPH. That's enough, IMO, to go ahead and have the speedo recalibrated.

However, I just bought the stock C6 rims, so I'm thinking I'm going with 275/30/19's in the rear which are 25.5" tall, which will only put me 4/10th's of a MPH off at 65 MPH. For the fronts, I'm thinking I'm going with 255/35/18's, but there's a possibility I might get another set of the stock 19's and go with the 275/30/19's all the way around. The only downside to that is that I'm going to have to run spacers on all 4 corners.

One more question...I've heard that if you run staggered diameters on F-Bodies and the overall diameter front to back is more than an inch, then it will set the ABS light on. The stock C6 sizes are 1.13" off front to rear, so I'm curious if anyone is running stock C6 tires, is your ABS light on?
Old 09-14-2007, 04:23 PM

lowering my car

In the original it says the tires slightly rub on big bumps because of the eibachs. Are they sportlines or the pro-kit? thanks
Old 09-19-2007, 10:31 AM

Re:Spacer

Installing a set on mine as well. Will I require a larger spacer for a convertible?
Old 10-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by BandDirector Blk98ZM6
The stock PCM is programmed for 25.7" tires, correct?
Depends which tires came on the car. V6's and base V8 models had 26.17" diameter tires, the V8's that came with the Z-rated tire option had 25.65" diameter tires.

One more question...I've heard that if you run staggered diameters on F-Bodies and the overall diameter front to back is more than an inch, then it will set the ABS light on. The stock C6 sizes are 1.13" off front to rear, so I'm curious if anyone is running stock C6 tires, is your ABS light on?
ABS is triggered by the velocity of each individual wheel, as it approaches "0". It isn't activated by small differences in the velocity of the front and rear wheels.

Originally Posted by 95Z6SPVERT
Installing a set on mine as well. Will I require a larger spacer for a convertible?
There is no significant difference in the wheel wells between a coupe and a convertible, in the 4th Gens.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:38 AM

Anymore pics of them on 98 and up LS1 Camaro????

Thanks!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by mcalus
Anymore pics of them on 98 and up LS1 Camaro????
I should soon. All I have left is have the tires mounted and balanced. I'm going to try and get that done in the next week or so.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:51 PM

I have them. Here's a photo, unlowered:

I am running the OE tires on the rear and Rikens on the front. I am using 3/4" worth of spacers on either rear side, and extended studs (Dorman, I believe; possibly Moroso but I know they aren't race studs). I have had them for about 3 months now, and I have had no unusual tire wear, rubbing, or camber issues. I'm on stock struts/springs. I have not had any lights come on (ABS, etc)

Problems:

My TCS seems to be acting up, but I can't prove it just yet. It just... feels like it's behaving weird.
My speedometer is OFF. At 51MPH, it jumps directly to 56.8, as found by GPS when we finally decided to see why I kept getting pulled over for speeding.

Last edited by HLY_SHFT; 10-18-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:22 PM

Thanks for posting those pics! Mine are in silver as well. However, I'm a little disturbed by the 2nd picture. The 18" front rim looks SUBSTANTIALLY smaller than the rear 19" rim. Did you resize the photo before posting and it's the photo, or is the front to rear rim size really that noticeable in person? The first and last pictures look good, but I'm now really concerned after seeing the side shot. If it's not a resized photo issue, I may try to find another pair of 19's for the front and go 19's all the way around.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:25 PM

It's more of the fact that the parking lot isn't the flattest surface, one, and two, my car needs to be lowered horribly. Honestly, I have to STARE at the picture to see the difference, and I sell rims for a living. I just thumbed through my photos and can't find any side shots of the car aside from that one. I might try to take some more of it on Monday at work, but I can tell you that the photo was resized outside of a professional program (I used MSPaint, not my normal PSP7) and that may have a lot to do with it.

I really think it has a lot to do with the car needing to be lowered, hence why I keep asking what drop rate people are running. A single inch isn't going to cut it for me.

Quick Reply: C6 OEM Wheels on a 4th Gen