LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

2 parts iso-heet 1 part lucas = death

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by bw_hunter
Actually, Iso-Heet is isopropyl alcohol, not methanol. Isopropyl is less harmful than methanol in fuel systems.....

http://www.imperialinc.com/msds0055120.shtml
No I'm sorry, it's methanol.

From the manufacturing website:
http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/heet/faq.aspx

HEET
Q: How does HEET work?
A: HEET contains special additives and methanol. When HEET is added to the gas tank, it sinks to the bottom and mixes with any water. Since both HEET and water are heavier than gasoline, they go to the bottom of the gas tank. HEET absorbs water and keeps it from freezing, and blocking the flow of gasoline through the gas line and fuel pump. When the vehicle is started, the additives, methanol, water, and gasoline are consumed during combustion inside the engine.

Q: How does Iso-HEET work?
A: Iso-HEET contains isopropanol and special additives including Fuel Injector Cleaner.

It has Isopropanol in it. But it's major constituent is METHANOL.

Last edited by Guest47904; 03-02-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:37 PM

turns out i had a coolant sensor go bad. the guy said it was reading -7 whatever that means and basically my engine was trying to use gas like it was cold all the time giving me about 8 miles to the gallon. anyway i dont really know why that happened at the exact time i added iso-heet
Old 03-02-2010, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by speedygonzales
No I'm sorry, it's methanol.

From the manufacturing website:
http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/heet/faq.aspx

HEET
Q: How does HEET work?
A: HEET contains special additives and methanol. When HEET is added to the gas tank, it sinks to the bottom and mixes with any water. Since both HEET and water are heavier than gasoline, they go to the bottom of the gas tank. HEET absorbs water and keeps it from freezing, and blocking the flow of gasoline through the gas line and fuel pump. When the vehicle is started, the additives, methanol, water, and gasoline are consumed during combustion inside the engine.

Q: How does Iso-HEET work?
A: Iso-HEET contains isopropanol and special additives including Fuel Injector Cleaner.

It has Isopropanol in it. But it's major constituent is METHANOL.
Unfortunately, you selected the wrong product. The original, HEET, is methanol. The alternative, ISO-HEET, is isopropyl alcohol. Take a look at the MSDS and you'll see the ingredients for ISO-HEET....99% isopropanol or isopropyl alcohol (same thing). MSDS's are documents required by law for state reporting purposes. If it says Isopropanol then it is, regardless of what an FAQ might say.

In any case, this isn't worth arguing about. I won't be adding anything further