CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   LT1 Based Engine Tech (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/)
-   -   2 parts iso-heet 1 part lucas = death (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/2-parts-iso-heet-1-part-lucas-%3D-death-739007/)

maliveline 02-24-2010 02:53 PM

2 parts iso-heet 1 part lucas = death

does anyone know if putting 2 bottles of iso-heet and one small bottle of lucas fuel injector cleaner will do permanent damage to a 93 z28

maliveline 02-24-2010 07:51 PM

i know it was a stupid thing to do

maliveline 02-25-2010 01:40 AM

please someone help

juniorssrollin 02-25-2010 02:37 AM

im not sure of an answer for you...but what or who gave you this brilliant idea?

Injuneer 02-25-2010 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by maliveline (Post 6279730)
i know it was a stupid thing to do

Originally Posted by maliveline (Post 6280058)
please someone help

PLEASE read this:

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1-based-engine-tech-9/all-members-read-abuse-%22ttt%22-5485/

Before you edited the first post you had a more complete description of the problems you encountered. By going back and deleting that info, you probably limited anyone's ability to respond. The don't even know what happened.

maliveline 02-25-2010 12:03 PM

i figured my first post was too long and thats why i wasn't getting any responses, oh well adding fresh gas seems to be helping but my car is still not back to where it was.

maliveline 02-28-2010 03:26 PM

I think I blew a head gasket :cry:

bw_hunter 02-28-2010 04:34 PM

What did you do with it? If you just added it to the tank I doubt it'll do anything permanent. The iso heet is just isopropyl alcohola dn you add it to remove waqter from fuel. It raises the octane but has relatively low energy content. The fuel injector cleaner is probably a blend of petroleum distilates and won't harm the engine.

If you blew the head geasket then something else was wrong......imho

maliveline 02-28-2010 05:26 PM

ya i just added it to the tank and then my car died and wouldn't start so i pumped half my gas out and refilled and thought it was getting better but it still sucks. im going to a mechanic on monday.

69gto96z 03-01-2010 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by maliveline (Post 6279322)
does anyone know if putting 2 bottles of iso-heet and one small bottle of lucas fuel injector cleaner will do permanent damage to a 93 z28

Why would you do this to begin with? I'm sure both labels say add to 15 gallons, if not more. So you doubled the strength of the iso-heat, then added more on top of it. Whatever happened probably is not permanent, but I would never do this again, and if someone told you to do it, I would never listen to another word of advice they have... :no:

maliveline 03-01-2010 10:33 PM

ok to be honest im a recovering alcoholic and addict. so my brain is permanently wired like this.. " if one is good 2 is better, and if 2 is better than 1000 is great... this continues to infinity."

bombebomb 03-01-2010 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by maliveline (Post 6285217)
ok to be honest im a recovering alcoholic and addict. so my brain is permanently wired like this.. " if one is good 2 is better, and if 2 is better than 1000 is great... this continues to infinity."

If this is your edited post, I'd love to see the original.

Next time though I recommend you read the bottles first at least.

Injuneer 03-02-2010 05:22 AM

I don't see this going anywhere.

WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS YOU BELIEVE WERE CAUSED BY THIS FUEL TANK BLEND?

Unless you describe the problem you were trying to solve with all the additives, then detail the problems that you believe were caused by the additives, there's very little people can do to help you, other than ask why you did it?

How did you make the quantum leap from from some fuel tank additives to "I think I blew a head gasket"?

Guest47904 03-02-2010 05:32 AM

2 bottles of heet is not a problem. See this according to their website.

Q: How many bottles of HEET or Iso-HEET should I use at one time?
A: One bottle of HEET or Iso-HEET treats up to 20 gallons (75.7 L) of gasoline. You should not use more than 2 bottles in a 20-gallon (75.7 L) gas tank, 3 bottles in a 30-gallon (113.6 L) gas tank. HEET and Iso-HEET are safe to use in every tankful, in all seasons, all year-round.

So the heet itself was not the problem. The effect of the heet may have been.

Incidentally. This stuff is METHANOL. I've read somethings saying this stuff is a no no in cars. While I have read other things from the manufacturers of methanol products saying it is not harmful.

BUT NOWHERE DID I SEE ANYTHING WRITTEN THAT SAID IT WAS "HELPFUL".

:no:

One last note: The "if one is good more is better" thinking is not the result of being a recovering "anything". And the fact that you are recovering is great but it's TMI.

bw_hunter 03-02-2010 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by speedygonzales (Post 6285369)
2 bottles of heet is not a problem. See this according to their website.

Q: How many bottles of HEET or Iso-HEET should I use at one time?
A: One bottle of HEET or Iso-HEET treats up to 20 gallons (75.7 L) of gasoline. You should not use more than 2 bottles in a 20-gallon (75.7 L) gas tank, 3 bottles in a 30-gallon (113.6 L) gas tank. HEET and Iso-HEET are safe to use in every tankful, in all seasons, all year-round.

So the heet itself was not the problem. The effect of the heet may have been.

Incidentally. This stuff is METHANOL. I've read somethings saying this stuff is a no no in cars. While I have read other things from the manufacturers of methanol products saying it is not harmful.

BUT NOWHERE DID I SEE ANYTHING WRITTEN THAT SAID IT WAS "HELPFUL".

:no:

One last note: The "if one is good more is better" thinking is not the result of being a recovering "anything". And the fact that you are recovering is great but it's TMI.

Actually, Iso-Heet is isopropyl alcohol, not methanol. Isopropyl is less harmful than methanol in fuel systems.....

http://www.imperialinc.com/msds0055120.shtml