Wheels and Tires For all wheel and tire and related discussion - Sponsored by Nitto Tire

Opinions on powder coated wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 01:38 AM

Question Opinions on powder coated wheels?

The Lenso F-Body Wheels are really starting to grow on me.

But their just a plain finish and nothing special. I would either have to have the wheels dipped in chrome or powder coated white. I don't see many F-Bodys running around with powder coated wheels so I was thinking this would look a little different. But how good would this look? Powder coating can look kind of ricey sometimes and that is something want to stay away from.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:58 AM

I dig some of the powdercoated wheels. I have a set of Enkei Win wheels with the stars black powdercoated and the polished lip. I then bought chrome lugs to offset the darkness. My car is black and I love the fact that it gives my car a mysteriously agressive stance and look.

You could take those wheels and do the same thing. Keep the lip polished, and powdercoat what I am going to call the "V" are and leave the center polished. Know what I mean. Check out the pic and visualize it. Those would be mean and unique.

That's what you want to shoot for is unique.

Finch
Old 06-15-2004, 02:00 AM

Are you talking about the area where the bolts are put into? Is that the area your talking about leaving polished?
Old 06-15-2004, 02:09 AM

Yeah, and of course the lip also. That would be the main thing that gives it depth. I would go with a gunmetal with the white car. Leave the center part (the part the lugs go into), and lip polished, get your blackouts for front and back, and then have someone paint match some SS stripes in the same gunmetal you used for your wheels. Bam, pretty cool scheme, IMO. While you are at it spray your calipers red, or blue and get some Camaro decals. Continue your color scheme in the engine bay.

Just some ideas. I think a white car is very forgiving in accepting a diverse amount of color schemes. I think your car would look BADA$$.

Finch
Old 06-15-2004, 04:45 PM

So guys what do you think? I got a friend to do some photoshopping and I told him what I wanted powder coated. This is what the rims would look like when I'm done with the powder coating. Any opinions on the matter?

Old 06-15-2004, 04:55 PM

So guys what do you think? I got a friend to do some photoshopping and I told him what I wanted powder coated. This is what the rims would look like when I'm done with the powder coating. Any opinions on the matter?

Old 06-15-2004, 06:11 PM

picture number one looks really good.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:24 PM

Those black ones look nice on your car. But I wouldn't do white in those particular wheels.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:36 PM

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!!

They look a lot better than I could have imagined. Great PS job. They definately look awsome like that. I would keep the black powdercoating with the white car. I'm thinkin' about redoing my Enkei's kinda like that. The Wins have this indention that could be left polished.

They look great brother. BTW, How much do they cost and do they have them in 17X9.5?

Finch
Old 06-17-2004, 01:26 AM

Originally posted by Finchinater

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!!

They look a lot better than I could have imagined. Great PS job. They definately look awsome like that. I would keep the black powdercoating with the white car. I'm thinkin' about redoing my Enkei's kinda like that. The Wins have this indention that could be left polished.

They look great brother. BTW, How much do they cost and do they have them in 17X9.5?

Finch
They run all different prices (looking for the cheapest now) but they only come in 18X8.5.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:45 PM

Originally posted by guitardedjf
picture number one looks really good.
Stop being a chicken and just do it!

That's what I did - only with Graphite - (not Lenso's) - and I loved it after I got them finished and on the car.