Wheels and Tires For all wheel and tire and related discussion - Sponsored by Nitto Tire

looking for a little advice....

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 02:48 PM

looking for a little advice....

well, my stock tires most likely won't cut the mustard after this weekend when i get my new LE2 setup running, so i'm looking for a little advice on what direction might be best for me to go in. hopefully, i'll be putting down around 400rwhp and the street tires i have now were already useless in first gear prior to the LE2 setup. if i were to keep my stock wheels that i have now, will any tire out there be sticky enough to do me much good? i've thought about just putting some M.T. DR's on a used set of stock rims so i'll just be able to put them on when i want to, etc. but would almost rather just have 4 wheels/tires that can stay on my car and still get some good grip. i know everyone probably has their own opinions on this kind of thing, but are there any "rules of thumbs" or direction that a lot of people go in my situation? i like the idea of having a wider, fatter tire in the back, but would obviously be looking at 4 new rims and tires if i go that route and kind of hate to spend the $$. let me stop blabbering and see if any of you have any ideas. as i said, not looking for anything super fancy and don't want to dump a ton of $$ on my rims/tires....just mainly looking for a lot of grip vs. what i have now and still be able to feel safe driving it around town, in the rain with kids in the car sometimes, etc.

thanks in advance!

robert