Wheels and Tires For all wheel and tire and related discussion - Sponsored by Nitto Tire

Kudo's to my BF Goodrich G-Force KDWS's

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 07:20 AM

Kudo's to my BF Goodrich G-Force KDWS's

Just recently got a '94 T/A, car runs really strong for the mods it has (Jet Hot LT's, SLP CAI, Mad Wolf PCM tune). When I got the car it had Goodyear GSC's all around (the kid got takeoff 5 spokes from SLP). Tires had good tread left but I had no traction anywhere, its a 6 speed so my problem was worse. With the LT's the car has a very strong rush of power in the midrange, so if your climbing the rev's in second gear it tended to break the rear loose around 4k RPM's. So I asked my local garage (they are big into SCCA racing, won their class last year. They always have two or three racing corvette's around the shop) what tire would be best- with one stipulation it had to be affordable........cheap even better. Plus it had to be an "all around" tire, so no drag radials. He told me to order BF Goodrich G-Force T/A's KDWS and said I'd be blown away. Well I've had them on for a month and to say I'm blown away is an understatement. I went from no traction anywhere to having it very tough to break traction even in 1st gear. The car just hooks and GOES. What's more is I went drove them over 100 miles in the rain and the car is actually drivable in the rain. The only downside is they may have short treadlife. For less than $500 (tires,shipping, mounting & balancing) for 4 tires I think this may be one of the best buy's out there. So anyone who needs a "real" street tire look into these tires trust me