Wheels and Tires For all wheel and tire and related discussion - Sponsored by Nitto Tire

Anybody know of a good TPMS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 08:31 PM

Anybody know of a good TPMS?

I'm looking for a good tire pressure monitor for my 97 Z28.
I'm looking at this one looks pretty good and it has a wireless display.
http://www.amazon.com/Schrader-AirAw...=pd_sbs_auto_1
I did not want to have the sensors in the tires but from the research I have done it seams to be the best way.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Old 06-14-2010, 08:38 PM

your seriously going to waste 200 dollars so you dont have to check your tire pressure every now and then (which you should do anyway and you will still have to get down there and adjust pressures anyway). there is no reason you should not be able to feel if a tire goes low while driving anyway.

not to mention the problems you WILL have, i have tons of problems with sensors and systems from all the major car manufacturers (OEM systems) so i can only imagine with that aftermarket junk
Old 06-14-2010, 10:24 PM

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by dangalla
your seriously going to waste 200 dollars so you dont have to check your tire pressure every now and then (which you should do anyway and you will still have to get down there and adjust pressures anyway). there is no reason you should not be able to feel if a tire goes low while driving anyway.

not to mention the problems you WILL have, i have tons of problems with sensors and systems from all the major car manufacturers (OEM systems) so i can only imagine with that aftermarket junk
I do check my tire pressure often.
I want to get a TPMS because I have torn up two tires on my car so far that could have been saved if I felt the flat.
245/50/16's ZR rated tires have a very small and hard side wall so your not going to feel the flat until it's too late.
I believe the manufacture that makes the unit I'm looking at makes some OEM units so.