West South Central Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

Clean '85 Iroc FS

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 03:17 PM

Post Clean '85 Iroc FS

I've finally decided to sell my baby. After SLP day this weekend I just want to get into a 4th gen and see what all they offer. This car is a great car for how old it is. Parts have been replaced all over this car, just ask, I've either fixed it or put a new one in. It was in a small front end wreck about 3 years ago and was immediately fixed and there was no frame damage. That's the only major problem this car has had. The interior is in good condition, a ton of new parts. Engine is in good shape, most of the top end has been replaced or fixed/cleaned, the only problem is the rings are worn so it smokes a little when sitting at idle for a few minutes. A good rebuild of the block or upgrade to a 350 would make this thing awesome. It would be really easy as almost everything I've added to it would work with a 350. Other than that it runs great and has mean low-end torque(look at dyno numbers in sig that were taken when basically stock). It gets between 20-24 mpg on the highway! The paint looks good when it is washed and waxed but does have blemishes and chips here and there.

The car is a 305 TPI LB9, 700R4 tranny(w/ shift kit), and has a 10 bolt with 3.23's. T-tops, 4 wheel disks(new pads up front), 16x8 rims, tinting all around, p/drivers seat, p/w, p/l, p/s(most steering components have been replaced), p/m, etc etc etc. Like I said, this thing has had a TON of parts replaced and most everything on the car works great, it basically came with every option possible that year.

I know that these cars, especially right now, aren't going for the highest amount of money, so I'm gonna ask $3000 right now for it. I'm definately willing to negotiate and also very interested in trades for an LT1.

If anyone has anymore questions or would like to see it, let me know. I'm located right now in B/CS at Texas A&M going to school, but I live in Garland outside of Dallas too, so I'd be willling to meet anyone around central - north Texas.

Pics can be seen at Pics of My Iroc
Or email me at irockyle@neo.tamu.edu

Kyle

Edit: I forgot to add that the mileage on it right now is approx. 159K, engine has something like 70 - 80K on it.

Last edited by KyleBlue85Iroc-Z; 02-19-2003 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-21-2003, 12:31 PM

ttt

Come on, I know someone wants a good car for a good price to have on the side as a project or as a daily driver to start building your other project!
Old 02-21-2003, 10:16 PM

what does ttt mean? see it a lot but have no clue

Uh....Kyle do you have any sound clips or video of your car and how it sounds. If you do then can you email them to Astromet98@aol.com
thanks
Tony
Old 02-22-2003, 12:01 AM

Oh man.....uh....Not that I can think of, BUT my friend has a vid camera that I can use tomorrow. I'll try to get it for you by tomorrow morning.

Definately not to brag or anything, I swear I'm not, but just the other day when I was going through Ennis, a guy stopped me at a gas station and thought my car must have had illegal exhaust somehow. I loved the look on his face when I told him I just had headers into a high-flow cat then into a flowmaster muffler.

I'll try to send it to you ASAP.

Kyle

PS - ttt means To The Top
Old 02-22-2003, 12:05 AM

Alright thats cool. Thanks Kyle.

Being that it has a highflow cat, it will pass the smell test for emissions (when they start) but probably wont pass the look under. Am i right? At least it has a cat

Tony
Old 02-22-2003, 12:32 AM

My residence is technically Dallas Co., so I had to have it pass the new Dallas "hardcore" sniffer tests. I knew the car was doing good, but the guy that did the test on it last summer said he couldn't believe it passed as good as it did. It had no problems at all. It still has EGR, but I've gotten rid of the AIR system(now has headers), but supposedly it's still legal. Yes, the cat helps a lot. It shouldn't have any problems passing in any other county.

Kyle