V6 Tech 1967-2002 V6 Engine Related

this is wut im gonna do

Old 07-06-2004, 03:31 PM

just ignoring those trying to put some sense in his head...I know when i was first learning I listened to everyone...
Old 07-06-2004, 03:45 PM

lol, v6 guys!

i still dont see who thought they could turn the SC on and off. i suppose that you could have an electronically controlled boost level that would be so low it would be like stock. But then again, we are talking SC not turbo, what am i thinking? this whole thread is sad, tangents that have little to do with the main question.

and to answer an off question, NO it is not worth it to blow a v6. OOOOOOOO i got an extra 80 hp. NEAT!!! i could run one side of the nitrous plate and get that and then some. mainly, the v6 is a good get around car. they are fast for what they are. but why spend 3-4 grand trying to make it fast, when you could get a nice z, and have more power and a nicer car?
Old 07-06-2004, 04:03 PM

ok so now i remember why i stopped coming here. all the ******* v8 owners who think they are the ****.

im gonna stop trying to argue with monkies.

this thread is done for me.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:16 PM

i dont think im the ****, but the v8 has more bang for the buck. get over yourself.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:59 PM

Dude, get over YOURself.. Your one ignorant piece of ****. Why does everyone have to have a V8 to have a fast car? Ever heard of originality. Everyone and their brother has a quick LS1/LT1, but I want you to name 5 people with a 12 second or faster V6..
Old 07-06-2004, 11:12 PM

ok

ok is any one gonna help me with my questions with out some bashing or negative advice?
Old 07-07-2004, 12:17 AM

Speed costs money, how fast you wanna go?
I don't think you will be able to s/c your car with the amount of money you are looking to spend. If I were in your shoes I would get nitrous... and do the TB bypass of course.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:56 AM

so its original to make a smaller engine fast? i had 2 v6 camaros and loved them; in fact one is still in the family. but to throw 3k into a v6 engine (unless specifically intended to get into a particular racing bracket) is rediculous.

the v6 3800 serious motor is fast for what it is, but it wont touch a v8.

Stop for a moment and think before you start spouting off stories of z28 defeat and so forth.

$ for $ there is no subsitute for displacment.

" I can SC my car and beat a Z....." so on so forth. SC a Z and get spanked.

" I can throw a 75 shot max on my car and keep up with the Zs..." throw a 100 or 150 shot on a Z and get OWNED.

" I can put 200 stickers on the car and ....." its the same ****.

There is no originallity from making a v6 fast. there are people who have neons doing 9's. because its a 4cyl does that make it more original? the answer is no.

just because i own a v8, doesnt make me think i know everything. but i have also been in the v6 personally, one 95 3.4 (totalled via stupid bitch running light) and a 97 RS which i sold to my dad to buy my ss. the v6 is a fast car, but its still slow for a sports car. do bolt ons, small ****, but why waste 3 or more grand? if you found one hell of a deal used or something, then i might say it was worth it. my point is the difference in cost in buying a sc and selling and getting a z are so close, and in many cases better in buying a v8. so get power to start with, then go insane later when you add your sc. not like when you add the sc to the v6 to reach the level of a z or ss, you can add a 2nd sc to go beyond. your stuck, and still owned buy any z or ss with any money in performance.

but whatever, you v6 owners know it all

neon lights
scs
big nitours shots
insane displacment
stickers
spray painted dashes
fur covered seats
ss and z28 badges (cuz they look cool yo)
body conversions to make the car 'look' faster
dual out mufflers that put the smack down on lawn mowers
v6 owners acting like dicks on the road because they think they have something special

you all are the ****, let me tell you!
Old 07-07-2004, 07:09 AM

Edit: Nevermind, you're not even worth my time. Sure, yes, V8s are all that are mighty! We should all bow down to your mighty money pit, the 383 Nitrous stroker!

If you dont mind though, I'm going to go put some NOS and Z28 badges on my car then cruise on down to an alley between some old warehouses and hang out with Vin Diesel to try and win some respect and see how well I can stand next to my car.. Maybe I'll see you there?

Honestly though. for anybody thats ACTUALLY talking about supercharged L32s, heres a picture that might interest you.
http://bellkevin.home.comcast.net/blown.gif

Last edited by OneSickSix; 07-07-2004 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:37 AM

ill retort the v6 people acting like dicks on the road. really it tends to be younger people who think they have something (regardless of car). for some reason this type of person on the road includes older men in mini vans and A LOT of women.

(note i said a lot of women, not all.)
Old 07-07-2004, 10:38 AM

and what i meant by money pit, was that everytime you upgrade something, you realize you better upgrade something else.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:57 AM

Ofcourse, but stock internals on GM V6 engines are pretty tough, especially the 3.4 internals. Stock crank is made out of the same material as the LT1 and LT4 with factory forged connecting rods. Our week points:

Pistons, intake manifolds, exhaust, heads. If you do it RIGHT and take your TIME and do some RESEARCH (to the guy asking about blown 3.4s, take notes) you will have no problems at all. I've been working on my blower project for about a year You cant handle a lot of boost bone stock. You need to compensate - better flowing intake/heads, completely upgraded fuel system, you'll definately want some sort of cooling of the air before you throw it in to the motor - and then once you get all that done just hope you dont shatter a piston because thats the only internal you REALLY have to worry about. But heres how I see it -- if I am going to shatter a piston that just means its time to upgrade them then turn up the boost!

But please - dont dog our V6s.. We dont have the displacement, but last time I checked the back of our cars both said "CAMARO" inbetween the taillights..
Old 07-07-2004, 03:48 PM

heres where the ******* comes in. they weight pretty close to the same weight. the 180 fwhp vs 305 fwhp is huge. i only paid 11.8k for the car. that was almost 2 years ago. zs and ss's are cheap if you are willing to look.

then the break down

2-4 k for a super charger
200 for fuel pump and misc
200 for injectors
100-150 for fpr
450 - 575 for new rear end gears (BTW rear end is weak in the camaro peroid)

stock crank in both suck. i guess for a 300hp v6 it would be fine.
rods in the v8 camaro suck. the rod it self is OK but the bolts are a huge weak point. so if you are looking at power, thats machining that should be done.

so sell the car for 3-4 k, save the 3k (on the low) you would have spent on it, and start out at 300 hp.

no disrespect has been shown to the v6, its just not a sports car.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:44 AM

Just a quick question, last time I threw mine on the scales I tipped at ~3290lbs without ANY weight loss. Whats your LT1 weigh in at? Yeah, really is around 3300lbs isn't it? riiiiiiiiight.

BTW: 400 for fuel upgrades? are you dumb? All we need for upgrades are stock LT1 injectors, and an inline pump. Done. Rear end? doesn't HAVE to be upgraded - just one of those things where you fix it when it breaks..
Old 07-08-2004, 01:14 AM

the weak gearing for the v6? please.

in line fuel pump? what a sad way to go.

no fpr in the fuel upgrade? sad.

you seem to know a little bit, but you dont know what it takes to build a race car. why dont you stop talking **** and read, or better yet, do.

you threw a sc on your car. doesnt mean you did it right. working doesnt mean its right.

read a chevy power book, build a motor, and come back.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: this is wut im gonna do