V6 Tech 1967-2002 V6 Engine Related

Working on new overlays--Multiple Color Options

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 12:32 PM

Exclamation Working on new overlays--Multiple Color Options

Hey all,
I work at a sign shop and I know some of the materials and equipment we have will work for making backlit gauge overlays. I'm not selling anything, (yet) just looking for some help here. I'm too busy at the shop to fool around with getting the gauge cluster out of my car, plus I couldn't figure it out when I tried a long time ago. If someone with a 1997-1998 Camaro 120mph gauge cluster can scan theirs the way I need it scanned, Once I get it set up, I will make (for free) and mail you one in the color of your choosing. I have a wall of colors here that they could possibly be done in. I will also be able to put logos & such on the gauge faces, but they will be a part of it, not a seperate sticker.
IF YOU WANT TO HELP:
•Get your cluster out and keep it as flat as possible on your scanner.
•Scan at the highest resolution (at least 600dpi) your scanner will scan. If the whole thing won't fit on the scanner, you may send 2 separate files, just try and split it at a good spot (Don't cut through text) and allow some over lap between the two.
•Save as a TIFF if possible, if not, maximum resolution jpeg.
•Winzip so it's not a huuuuge file.
If anyone wants to help out and get a free overlay, send me a PM, and I'll let you know where to upload the file when you have it ready. Once I get a workable file, it should take me about a week to get some finished. This is just a project now, if it works out I might begin selling them.
-John