V6 Tech 1967-2002 V6 Engine Related

$70 Electric SuperCharger??? Do these work?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 11:28 AM

notice how all the hondas bought em
Old 01-17-2008, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Kaj
Um...it's a piece of crap. lol
okay, i'll get it, put it on and I bet that I will get more HP gain out of it on my v6 than all of your junk mods combined on your v8 and I will have only spent a fraction of what you have. And my car will still get better gas mileage!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:44 AM

kid its your money **** it away anyway you want, but this has been proven to work Nitrous!

Last edited by BC2002SS; 01-17-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:22 PM

yeah, that's cost 5 times as much and will destroy your engine in 50,000 miles and then you have put up without having a trunk becuase there's a bottle there, and then you have to to hit some button when your driving just for it to work and then refill the bottle all the time for big Money.............screw that.

Last edited by Evolution223; 01-17-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:22 PM

make sure you get before and after dyno numbers so we will know how wrong we were.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:06 PM

Watch out Injuneer, a 3.8 with 133413 electric superchargers is going to beat you!!

Nitrous destroys your engine in 50k miles?1?1?! OH NOES. So what scientific method did you use to come to this conclusion? Last I checked, as long as your A/F and timing are okay, you should be just fine. That being said, I would never touch nitrous if I were you.

EDIT: I know nitrous is fine, but not for the OP

Last edited by white94cam; 01-17-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:24 PM

Nitrous destroys your engine but boost is ok ? I think I need a smaller pulley.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:34 PM

When you do the mod, you might want to get one of those canister type mufflers to reduce the back pressure created by that supercharged intake. and maybe get a larger spoiler to create some downforce for better traction with all that extra horsepower.

It's your car and if you have an extra $150 laying around, go for it. You asked for opinions and these gentlemen have been gracious and given theirs. I could give you many reasons not to expect big time results, but it seems your mind is made up, so I say go for it, and prove everyone wrong.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by patstoy
When you do the mod, you might want to get one of those canister type mufflers to reduce the back pressure created by that supercharged intake. and maybe get a larger spoiler to create some downforce for better traction with all that extra horsepower.

It's your car and if you have an extra $150 laying around, go for it. You asked for opinions and these gentlemen have been gracious and given theirs. I could give you many reasons not to expect big time results, but it seems your mind is made up, so I say go for it, and prove everyone wrong.
I agree, to each their own, but I've never been a big supporter of bench racing or arguing with someone who obviously knows more than they do (IE Injuneer). Numerous people have tried these and everyone knows that they are a waste of money (next will be a thread about Tornados in the intake or something else beat to death). For $150 I'd pick up some used 4.10s or 3.73s (depending on the transmission) or a G80 or something worthwhile.

On a serious note, I think a GT-R badge would be pretty appropriate at this point
Old 01-17-2008, 06:09 PM

I was wrong it will work.

Leaf Blower Bolt on Dyno pull
Old 01-18-2008, 02:36 PM

This tool is so funny im literally about to fall outta my chair LOL.

Dont forget to dyno your weak POS before and after to prove us wrong or else we're still gonna laugh in your face dude...well,im going to anyway but..

You'll get a much better response from people if you dont come off as such a...um...cocky moron,considering I think most if not all the people that responded to your thread have a WAAAY faster car than you.

Also, seeing how mine is a RACE CAR...which means it doesnt see the street EVER...why would I care about gas mileage?? Obviously I didnt build it for that LMAO. Runs pretty good though considering its a STOCK motor w/ a cam/intake/carb. Put as many elct. superchargers on it you want,im down to race any time.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:15 PM

Why would you try and mod a v6....just by a z28, you will be much happier...wont have to put electric superchargers on it. You know 2-3 psi could kill your engine too...lol..I would go at least 50 shot of nitrous. Believe me, I think those who have z28 or any car with a v8 knows that the gas mileage is going to go down with modding..its just a fact of life...
Old 01-19-2008, 08:16 AM

Do it man. Ignore all these haters. Your V6 will be hella fast and get better gas mileage than anyone.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rice Killer87
This tool is so funny im literally about to fall outta my chair LOL.

Dont forget to dyno your weak POS before and after to prove us wrong or else we're still gonna laugh in your face dude...well,im going to anyway but..

Also, seeing how mine is a RACE CAR...which means it doesnt see the street EVER...why would I care about gas mileage?? Obviously I didnt build it for that LMAO. Runs pretty good though considering its a STOCK motor w/ a cam/intake/carb. Put as many elct. superchargers on it you want,im down to race any time.
your're a loser, you drive around in a POS compact-pickup truck everyday while you have spent all your money on a race car that you probably drive twice a year and isn't worth 1/5 of what you paid for it because it only gets 13 mpg and probably can't even drive on the street.

Me, I have a v6 that's going to look like a SS with a custom paint job, it's going to have about 230 HP so it fast enough to do anything I want it to, it's going to be completely paid-off yet look like a brand new SS and still get 25 mpg and I can actually drive it everyday and get my money out of it....imagine that!!!

And I'm going to get 25HP out of a mod that cost under $200.

no, i'm not trying to mod my car to be the as fast as a v8, If I cared about having that fast of a car I would just buy a v8 but the fact is I save $800 a year with a v6 in gas and insurance, that's money I can put in the bank while you're broke a$$ will be working the night shift at taco bell.

you don't know what your talking about because you have no experience with these electric turbos yet you act like you know everything under the sun so you should go **** yourself and quit acting like an idiot.

Last edited by Evolution223; 01-19-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by slingshot
Why would you try and mod a v6....just by a z28, you will be much happier...wont have to put electric superchargers on it. You know 2-3 psi could kill your engine too...lol..I would go at least 50 shot of nitrous. Believe me, I think those who have z28 or any car with a v8 knows that the gas mileage is going to go down with modding..its just a fact of life...
Why the hect would you want to drive around in a '93? that car is 15 years old?

Because we all have different preferences, I like the v6 because it's cheap to maintain, insure and gas up and my 2000 looks better than you're 93 and is more reliable.

I don't trust nitrous, I've heard people say you're engine runs hot and you get crappy mileage and the chemicals in it are acid like and it will eat the metal in you're engine over time. I don't know this for a fact but I already know that it's expensive and a major PIA to use.

Quick Reply: $70 Electric SuperCharger??? Do these work?