Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Trip home from an office party.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:13 PM

Thumbs up Trip home from an office party.

After a brief three gear race cremating some dork in a Mitsubishi Eclipse, (they normally give up when I hit second gear, but his whistle kept screaming like four car lengths back and increasing) This one went till 3rd gear. I shut down after a good launch in third, he hit his brakes and stayed way back. I know it's like a grown man beating up a 12 year old with a big mouth, but the dude kept jacking with me on my way home. Hey nice stickers!
About three miles later, there is a Firebird with a Warbird hood. First sign it's an Ls1. Not always though. Holding middle lane. Far left lane, the lane I was in had a long line of minivans.. he moved over and let me slide next to him. The light was turning red and no one in front of us. Good clue that he wants to race. The light faked us out and the turning lane light changed green, no one was there. After what felt like 15 fricken minutes of anxiety, our light changed to green, rolled out staged in first for less than a second , he hit it I hit it. He got a great dig on it, I spun a little bit as I shot ahead of him. I hit second gear and crawled away, third gear his head lights caught up to my passenger door. fourth gear I started pulling away. He was at my tail lights now. Fifth gear he was creeping up next to me, I didn't shift to sixth I slowed enough to give him the thumbs up.
He hit his brakes and flashed his head lights twice. I drove away at a slowed 60 mph, he slowed down about 20 car lengths back. I was hoping for glory pass. you know? two cars that can make every car on the road just stop, look and watch, cruising at 60'ish making a **** load of noise. but no, he bowed out.

Or he thought I waved a gun when I gave the thumbs up.

Last edited by Death's.Stalker; 10-24-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:36 AM

Nice runs, but can you create a sig or describe in your story exactly what type of car you drive?

Thanks
Old 10-25-2008, 12:59 PM

The car is pretty much the way I bought it.
what I got from the guy is j.e. pistons
6 inch rods.
6 speed tran unsure if altered, doubt it .
cats removed, huge fricken pipe like 3.5 inch or greater, never measured it.
msd ignition, If I remember correctly when I went to the shop last.
373 gear
Last dyno I had was 425 hp, but that was when I first got the car.
Since then I went cold air intake ( I felt no change from that)
Old 10-25-2008, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Death's.Stalker
The car is pretty much the way I bought it.
what I got from the guy is j.e. pistons
6 inch rods.
6 speed tran unsure if altered, doubt it .
cats removed, huge fricken pipe like 3.5 inch or greater, never measured it.
msd ignition, If I remember correctly when I went to the shop last.
373 gear
Last dyno I had was 425 hp, but that was when I first got the car.
Since then I went cold air intake ( I felt no change from that)
Maybe you should tell us the year? Cause making 425whp without even a cam is pretty godly.
Better yet, tell us what kind of car it was also. Thanks.

Nice kills! Sounds like the other guy was cool also.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:35 PM

dang I typed it, but I think I typoed and retyped and forgot to type the year back in lol
96 z28.
If there is a cam in it, the dude didn't say. or I didn't listen.
I was working in a gas station the day the dude stopped in.
I had a messload of customers and he was just yammering away.
he stopped in to get gas or something and I was like
" Hey I have had this thing almost a month and people are looking at me like a punk after they ask me what has been done to it and I shrug saying 'I dunno'" so he started firing stuff off. He left a number but I lost it. I needed it when I was replacing the water pump wanting make sure it was factory or if I should have gotten some after market stuff, to keep it up to condition.

Well since it was nice to me last night, I took it to the carwash/lube center/shell gas station and got it pampered.
Something nice about someone else cleaning my car lol.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:24 PM

425 wheel hp? and you dont even know your own motor? seems odd.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by sn8ke eatr
425 wheel hp? and you dont even know your own motor? seems odd.
We as a general whole are gearheads, but many people just buy and drive without knowing a darn thing about their cars.
425 wheel hp is a built motor but all a non-gearhead knows is that it's fast and fun. And that's ok.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:52 PM

I really wish I was a "gear head" I have tried but the resources never where there for me. Either I had a lack of teachers or a lack of funds. Sometimes both at the same time.
Best I can do is replace parts when they bust or seem like they are bout to. I can read stuff on the internet (like anyone) and plug in parts, but really if I did that I would probably be driving a hell of a Frankenstein and parts would be impossible to replace. Or I would be nailed gags. Like I used to tell people in chatrooms that if they slapped a magnet on their hard drive it would catch the electro-magnetic resonance of a virus and they would never get infected. DO NOT DO THAT, IT IS A MEAN THING TO TELL PEOPLE. I mean really, isn't it the internet and the ability to continually argue against facts and truth, that has people believing their 4 cylinder can do 0-60 in 3.8 seconds?
So I can't really trust people on the net.

But I can drive, I can focus on the road and the sound of the motor. but who can't? you just drive a few times and feel when your horse power begins to be puddly, and learn to shift earlier. but not to much earlier, or you will lose that last split second of acceleration you have left in that gear. with this car I have to leave a gear around 6000 - 6500 rpm and connect the next gear while it is atleast at 3500 ride it to 6500 and hope the next gear isn't so sluggish. Except 2nd to third. third I have to hit right at 7 grand and take it to 6.1 grand and take it to fourth. anything less or greater I lose hp bad. I don't watch the gauges anymore I listen to my car and only my car. push to much and lose out, push to little and I start teh next gear too low.

Last edited by Death's.Stalker; 10-26-2008 at 01:56 PM.