Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

My name is SSHORTT, and i have a problem!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 02:36 PM

My name is SSHORTT, and i have a problem!

After reading the post by MarineReconZ28 i feel that i should mention the one recent race that i havnt posted about! It happened on I-295 about 2 weeks ago, I was cruising along caught up to a porshe with the top down! I played with the throttle a little bit (cutout open) and he didnt show any interest so i went on with my business! Next thing i know The Black Primered H/B Civic that was to my left opens up, so i stomp the gas stop his pull at my Quarterpanel! HOLD ON NOW!!!! So he falls back, In hindsight i figure he was opening his bottle, either manually or electric! But im looking back and notice a WEIRD looking Induction style hood! that at first glance you wouldnt notice because of the black primer! Well about a mile down the road he makes his 2nd strike this time i stop his pull and start inching then he SPRAYED me! His affect was less than what he thought because as he came along side of me he looked over and waved like "bye bye"! But he only pulled till i was at the rear of his door! I tried to get him to slow down so i could use my converter a little but he had done his deed and wasnt interested anymore! So i gave him a thumbs up as he exited and he waved back! As he exited i was looking sadly at the thing that had just beat me and noticed his plates read JW DROPR If i had had headers or got to race him from a dig i think things would have been different but thats something that will haunt me forever! Just wondering how much of an effect does running 87 octane make?? i was making a long trip and trying to pinch pennies!!
Old 06-09-2005, 02:42 PM

Re: My name is SSHORTT, and i have a problem!

You should NEVER run 87 in these cars. Sure, it will run, but it's a (more or less) modern sports car. It wasn't meant for 87.

You probably would have beat him with premium. LS1s use a lower timing table for low octane in order to avoid knock.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by madwolf
You probably would have beat him with premium. LS1s use a lower timing table for low octane in order to avoid knock.
Really? I didn't know that.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by madwolf
You should NEVER run 87 in these cars. Sure, it will run, but it's a (more or less) modern sports car. It wasn't meant for 87.

All i can do now......

I feel like a FUGGIN IDIOT!!!!