Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

LS6 powered RX7???

Old 07-10-2008, 10:52 AM

Last night at about 12:10a.m me and a buddy were on our way to Safeways to a beer run. We were in his 1992 Toyota MR2 turbo with a Gen3 motor swap with the bottom end pretty much built with god knows what and a T78 turbo setup???? Well anyways we are just coasting doing the usual 35mph to be on the safer side (had a few drinks) and newer Mazda RX7 passes us by at about 40mph and an unusual rumble, and the plate reads "0Pistons" I then look at my friend and ask "wtf is that" he replies "yeah rx7 1.3 liter twin turbo rotary engines"

Then we saw him up ahead at a stop sign, just waiting for us. In my head I thought it was gonna be a easy kill. So we looked at each other I ask "on the 3rd honk?" he just smiles and revs and so do we. HONK HONK HONK "errrr pshhhhh" we take took off and the rx7 was spinning (we thought) then we hear RUMBLEEEEEE and zzzzzzzzippppppppp the rx7 passes us up and it was supercharged!!! I yelled "holly sh%t wtf was that, go get your GTO and stomp on him" then I look at my friend with confusion and asked "I thought you said they were turboed??" my friend was like uhhhh "I have no clue what just happened" Angry and upset that we lost to a 1.3 all that I could think of was get to Safeway pronto so I can get my damn beer.

The Safeway shopping center was nearing and we were still behind him coasting and there was a gas station near by the rx7 turned in and so did we. We get out of my buddies car and the rx7 was rumbling extremely odd I asked the guy "hey what ya got in there" he just smiles and said "here lemme show ya" He then popped his hood and I grabbed my cell phone and pressed a button to get some light. It reads "Corvette LS6" w/ cam and a vortech sc setup. I thought I have seen it all until that night... No **** we lost his motor is bigger then his car!!!

We got home and I got to my computer downed my beer and went to youtube and searched for these LS setup in imports and few came up... wow I must of been drunk.. well check it out

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zyzHKhg_hqE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tianB2-x1TA
Old 07-10-2008, 08:01 PM

Drinking and driving...real smart.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by RedScreaminMachine
Drinking and driving...real smart.

Now if you had reading comprehension it reads that "he" the "passenger" went to get beer for himself "my beer" meaning he didn't drive....Beyond that..thats awsome I would kill for a car like that. Image how much **** you would get from all the american cars...then you just stomp them w/ their own medicine?

The 0Pistons plate is kinda odd if hes running an LS6...sleeper maby? I hate MR2's btw
Old 07-11-2008, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jazsun
The 0Pistons plate is kinda odd if hes running an LS6...sleeper maby? I hate MR2's btw
Yeah I guess he had his motor in but blew it? and its a rotary not pistons. like those cosmo motors. Guess he hadn't changed his plates yet. None way its a sleeper this sounds beastly like. yeah MR2's are ugly but this ones pretty impressive. Yeah I wasn't driving even if I wanted to my buddy wouldn't of let me.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:58 PM

There are LSx swaps in lots of imports. Mid-90s BMW 3-series have 'em as well as many RX7's.

My brother has an 89 Supra (non-turbo) that he's owned since 1992. It's cosmetically perfect but needs an engine and I keep telling him an LS1 swap is exactly what it needs to become a fun car by today's standards -- not to mention a unique car.

BTW, a T78 turbo is huge for a 2 liter (it's pretty damn big for any engine). If he isn't making 500+ whp from it, he should have chosen a smaller turbo for better drivability.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by John M
There are LSx swaps in lots of imports. Mid-90s BMW 3-series have 'em as well as many RX7's.

My brother has an 89 Supra (non-turbo) that he's owned since 1992. It's cosmetically perfect but needs an engine and I keep telling him an LS1 swap is exactly what it needs to become a fun car by today's standards -- not to mention a unique car.

BTW, a T78 turbo is huge for a 2 liter (it's pretty damn big for any engine). If he isn't making 500+ whp from it, he should have chosen a smaller turbo for better drivability.
Yeah a LS1 into those supras would be sweet, even the newer supra motors would be bad ***..

yea the t78 is huge but it works, when it kicks in holy nut it kicks in hard. I mean you feel the G force and the front end just lifts. But his GTO is just bananas.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jazsun
Now if you had reading comprehension it reads that "he" the "passenger" went to get beer for himself "my beer" meaning he didn't drive
Actually if you could read, you'd see that it said: "Well anyways we are just coasting doing the usual 35mph to be on the safer side (had a few drinks)"

Now why would they need to drive on the safer side if only the passenger (UmmmV8) had been drinking? From the quote it looks to me like they were both drinking.

Last edited by RedScreaminMachine; 07-12-2008 at 08:54 AM.