Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

I knew I would lose, but .....

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 07:34 PM

Unhappy I knew I would lose, but .....

I was driving to work this morning, and I was sitting at a red light with nobody else around. Out of nowhere, this motorcycle rolls up beside me. I don't really know what kind it was, but it was a street bike, not a harley or something like that. I was driving my 1991 Camaro RS (305 LO3 engine, 5-speed) that hasn't really been modded yet. The dude on the bike rolls up, lifts up his visor, and starts checking out my car. Then he revs his bike a couple of times, and points forward like he wanted to race. I knew I couldn't take him, ...if for no other reason then the fact that he was a bike, and weighed a lot less. But I thought, well, I'm curious. I signaled to him that I would go, and we waited for the light. When it turned green, we were off. To my surprise, I actually had him beat off the line. I think he screwed up, or missed a shift or something. I had him by about a car length till I hit 3rd gear (about 60 miles per hour I think. I was watching my RPM's, not my speed). Then he blew past me and ended up getting to the next red light about 7 car lengths ahead of me. I don't know how he got so fast so quick, but the race ended with the outcome I assumed. While we were at the next light, I told him good race, he nodded, took off, and rode a wheelie down the road. Maybe I was stupid to even try to race him, but I couldn't ignore the challenge.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:48 PM

Re: I knew I would lose, but .....

down in Everett (WA), there are only a handful of things that are worth racing. they include bikes, a wandering Viper, and a yellow Corvette won from some lottery. there was plenty of rice to go around, and you would never have trouble finding seconds.

so when I saw a bike going down I-405, I was like "this is probably the only good run I'll ever get." I raced him from a run and he raped me HARD.

just like you couldn't ignore the challenge, I couldn't ignore the temptation. it was all in good fun.