Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Cobra got beat

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by 1BadAzzGT
Yes I'm sure you did hitting 87mph in the 1/8th Muahahahaha. Welcome to the late 80's.

By the way, what is your point with what octane fuel you're running? I don't care if you were running nail polish in your old jalopy LMFAO!!!!
Ahh... that explains it... Severe intellectual limitations... Hoodothunkiit?

The point wasn't so much the octane Mr. Force, as it was the additional 100 lbs... although I doubt a man of your substantial command of physics would argue that the increase in ignition/cumbustion efficiency realized through the additional 19 points from 93 to 112 octane would not benefit he who used it...

Now I know you're sufferin' from Z envy, but courtesy is the friend of the underdog... Pony Boy.

Last edited by OVA1; 03-30-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by 1BadAzzGT
Yes I'm sure you did hitting 87mph in the 1/8th Muahahahaha. Welcome to the late 80's.

By the way, what is your point with what octane fuel you're running? I don't care if you were running nail polish in your old jalopy LMFAO!!!!
it matters because he was running 93 while the other guy was using a good bit of 112
Old 03-30-2009, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by 95firehawk
A 7.8 @ 87 is about 1 full second and 13 mph off from the average Termi 1/8 as described in the previous posts. The Mustang you describe is definately not the norm.

On a side note, why is your car only running 87 in the 1/8? Mine did that on street tires with nothing more than a K&N, 4.10 gears, and an HPP tune. There could be more left in yours. Not Cobra fast times, but better.
Well I'm guessin' the reason for the trap over a measured course is a function of the mass divided by force being tranfserred to the powertrain; the ratio and load duration of the respective tranny gears, the deferential and the diamter of the drive tires, minus the time it takes to shift... At least that's how I get there...

Cobra's are no problem... remove the induction and there's no contest. The simple fact is, I've run hundreds of Mustangs and never lost to a single one that was naturally aspirated...

And I don't mind losing to an induced car... why would I?

It's an absurd argument... the FACT is the Mustang powerplant is a weaker power plant than the LT-1 and SUBSTANTIALLY weaker than the LSx platform... PERIOD.

Pound for pound and dollar for dollar the F-body is a superior automobile to the Mustang... And when that great gettin' up mo'ning comes that I bolt a blower into the Z... I'll be more than ready to prove it to any Mustang operator that chooses to feel otherwise. Hell I'll do NOW... I've got a Nano-backed nitrous kit that's been sitting at the shop for 6 months... The biggest jet is a 200, but I wouldn't need more than the 75 to take down 95% of the Cobras on the PLANET. I doubt it'd take more than a day to bolt that up and tune it...

With regard to the mid 80 trap you laid down, I'd suggest more torque... It's not unusual at all to see mid to high 80mph traps on cars pulling mid 8 ETs... occasionally we see a low 90...

Bolt-on Mustangs do it all night, pretty much every Friday night. Of course that's only if I'm in the Pits... as if I'm making a pass, I'm generally making the turn by the time they hit the trap... having hit 87 moh substantially faster than they hit 90 mph over the same measured course.

But you're exactly right, there's plently left in the old gal... I doubt that she's anywhere CLOSE to topping out.

We've got a set of ported AFR heads coming, and I expect that she'll react favorably to the new breathers... given that their flowing a third more volume than the set she was born with. If we're not in the mid -low 7s in warm air, I'll be sorely disappointed.

Last edited by OVA1; 03-30-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by bkpliskin
I would have definitely put some juice to the 408
It was already uncontrollable on the street. Spinning 305 Nittos like it was no big deal at 50-60 mph.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kraest
It was already uncontrollable on the street. Spinning 305 Nittos like it was no big deal at 50-60 mph.
I can only imagine... and if you had bottled on a kit for the track, you might have been tempted to use it on the street which would have been useless
Old 04-01-2009, 08:30 PM

F bodies are weak.

That is all
Old 04-02-2009, 04:16 AM

Mustangs are crap.

That is all.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by DarkHorse
F bodies are weak.

That is all
Just LT1's you mean
Old 04-02-2009, 07:55 AM

Fast LT1 =

Old 04-02-2009, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by DarkHorse
Fast LT1 =

Winner Nice one dude! I laughed my *** off when I saw that!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:56 AM

Antz... lol... always rippin' on us poor LT1's

I just wish you were one of the LS1 owners that lived in my area so I could teach you a lesson this summer
Old 04-02-2009, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by bkpliskin
it matters because he was running 93 while the other guy was using a good bit of 112
Newsflash: I don't ask folks what octane fuel they are running nor do I typically care.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Get some headers to help with the top end.
Got shorties on there now. Need to step up to LT's but they'll just end up with the pile of other crap I've got waiting on the shelf.

Originally Posted by Kraest
530/505 to the wheels. Best was 10.6something @ 131 on a 1.4x 60' with the 6-speed pulling both skinnies on 93 octane and 25mpg on the interstate.
Nice!!!

Originally Posted by OVA1
Cobra's are no problem... remove the induction and there's no contest. The simple fact is, I've run hundreds of Mustangs and never lost to a single one that was naturally aspirated...

And I don't mind losing to an induced car... why would I?

It's an absurd argument... the FACT is the Mustang powerplant is a weaker power plant than the LT-1 and SUBSTANTIALLY weaker than the LSx platform... PERIOD.
The quicker you learn that there really is no difference between these three cars (Mustang, Camaro, Firebird) the less devastating your first loss is going to be. It's absurd to think that one platform is better than the other. I've seen 7 second 1/4 mile versions of all three so the capability is there regardless of what make it is.

Only counting N/A Mustangs is just as absurd as the old "wait till I put a blower on my 'Maro" reply. Just because they go the FI route doesn't make it any different than going with a H/C package on an F-body.

Pound for pound and dollar for dollar the F-body is a superior automobile to the Mustang... And when that great gettin' up mo'ning comes that I bolt a blower into the Z... I'll be more than ready to prove it to any Mustang operator that chooses to feel otherwise. Hell I'll do NOW... I've got a Nano-backed nitrous kit that's been sitting at the shop for 6 months... The biggest jet is a 200, but I wouldn't need more than the 75 to take down 95% of the Cobras on the PLANET. I doubt it'd take more than a day to bolt that up and tune it...
You must run at a small track with very few people. 87 mph in the 1/8 isn't going to win much around here. Unless you are very selective about who you wanna race. I'll tell you what. Come on up to STL and I'll set you up with a couple of friends and we'll see what your opinion is.

P.S. I happen to know a full bolt-on 2V N/A GT would run your time no sweat. That's with less than 300 to the wheels.

Last edited by 95firehawk; 04-02-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:13 PM

My LT1 is ready for anyone in this thread, I guess unicorns arent so rare afterall.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:06 PM

Ahh... that explains it... Severe intellectual limitations... Hoodothunkiit?

The point wasn't so much the octane Mr. Force, as it was the additional 100 lbs... although I doubt a man of your substantial command of physics would argue that the increase in ignition/cumbustion efficiency realized through the additional 19 points from 93 to 112 octane would not benefit he who used it...

Now I know you're sufferin' from Z envy, but courtesy is the friend of the underdog... Pony Boy.

Hey boy wonder! Glad you could reply to me but hey, I realize you're probably still admiring your 87mph 1/8th mile traps! Muahaha........Welcome to like 10+ years ago!

By the way, put some 112+ octane in a regular car and see what it does. Want to use that nugget of yours and bet it goes slower? Again, I couldn't give a rats azz if you're using 150+ octane your shat is STILL A TURD!

I'll await your next dissertation for entertainment purposes

Quick Reply: Cobra got beat