Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Age does not equal maturity

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 10:16 AM

Age does not equal maturity

So I recently picked up a '94 Z28 after switching over from driving a 5.0. The car has nothing to speak of other than a catback, cai, fresh rebuilt and a few other minor adds. I pulled out of a shopping center and noticed an older gent ( guessing early 60's late 50's) in a bright yellow GT 5.0. He was revving and staring @ me as soon as he saw me. His car sounded healthy and ready to go. Being always game for a run I chucked a few revs back at him and waited for the light. He was 2 cars back when we came out onto the main road, so I slowed a bit for him. The guy immediately dropped gear and began charging creeping on my passenger side.

I figured he was anxious and I rolled in pretty hard on the gas at that point. He creeped me the hell out by staring at me as I was pulling past once I was at WoT. Pulling ahead by near 2 cars in almost no time, I figured he got the point and would let off. I had my kill and a smile. He had his pony and a soiled saddle. Considering he had the charge on me and lost one would think it is over. Hardly. We both ended up at the street light with a fresh red. I looked over and noticed his veins in his forehead popping out and red face. He kept staring at the light and looking back to me, the whole time slapping the throttle. Then he took my by surprise and flipped me off.. I also noticed his mouth moving around forming words which I assume were curses. Couldn't hear it over my rolled windows and exhaust and didn't care.

We went from a dig and I jumped out a half a car and pulling away noticed him take a swerve into my lane. By this time we came upon a more populated section of street so I slowed her down and figured I would play it safe. He had a different plan. He took a hard left at my rear quarter. I slammed on the brakes trying to get him in front of me so I could pull off into the next driveway. He nailed the gas past me and jumped into my lane with a brake check. At this point I got a little freaked out. I was unable to pass until a motorist in the next lane who witnessed it made a hole for me. I threw the car into the lane and nailed the throttle, passing the nut job and about 4 others. He tried to come after me but I noticed he ended up clipping the car in front of him while I watched in my rear view. I pulled over about a 1/4 mi down the road to see if there was any accident and if they pulled off. I saw the guy in the 5.0 as well as his victim pulling away from the curb at a high rate of speed. I checked in with the guy he clipped.

This maybe not be as cool of a kill as others but it just shows how sore some losers can be as well as the fact insane. Don't know if he got road rage or just hates camaros and or losing. Either way.. I guess just watch out!
Old 05-31-2007, 10:31 AM

Wow what a psycho! At least you beat him

Even today a guy in his 50's driving a brand new GT500 kept trying to cut me off. He was wearing a ford racing hat. So I can completely understand that.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:56 AM

The hat says it all.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:24 PM

He is probably some deranged psychopathic killer sizing you up. Chances are he has your tag number...followed you home and is in your closet naked with a butcher knife right now

Seriously though, good kill...
Old 06-01-2007, 11:42 AM

Had a older man 45-50, in a C5, basically do the same crap to me. We did a couple runs and every time he would pull maybe a 1/2-3/4 of car on me and then he would shoot over in my lane in front of me and stab his breaks. Well I just jumped in the lane he was just in, love the handling of my car, and you could see that he was shocked. We slowed down again did another run, same thing he shot over in my lane this time I shot over in his lane and stayed in it and just got away from the *****. The icing on the cake was the whole time he was flipping me off. Guess a turd-gen running with his C5 stung a little
Old 06-01-2007, 12:37 PM

HAH! This guy just got a godsmack. Seems he lives in my neighborhood. Saw him Hood up doors out on the the side of the road @ 6:30am on my way to work today. Seriously made my day.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:14 PM

Maybe you shouda let him win.