Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Review: IRS Tubular Lower Control Arms

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 04:14 PM

Review: IRS Tubular Lower Control Arms

Well it seemed like when I fixed my traction issue with wider SS rims and sweet Goodyear GS-D3's something else had to give. I began getting terrible wheel hop on the street during hard acceleration, so I considered some Tubular Lower Control Arms.

Product: Internet Racer Supply Tubular Lower Control Arms with Polyurethane bushings.

Price: $50 (Cantonracer ) [Used]

Install: The install was pretty straight forward like most other suspension components. Unbolt old, bolt in new. Although those little buggers were hard to get off and on, while lining up the holes properly. Dont forget to grease the bushings before lowering your car. I dont remeber the bolt and nut sizes.

Performance: The LCA's did just what they claimed my wheel hop disappeared and the car seemed to handle slightly better. The rear feeling a bit more firm while driving. Nothing annoying, just right for me.

Conclusion: Money well spent in my opinion. Most will run you $100 and up, but for $50 you couldnt really beat the performance. The IRS tubing was very big, actually somewhat larger than most LCA's I have seen, but its just an observation. I dont think the company exists anymore but I figure any similar LCA will perform about the same. Not something I would have modded until necessary, but they did what most claim they should do.

-Dustin-