Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Pullin wheels, while lowered?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 03:38 PM

Pullin wheels, while lowered?

Just wonderin' if it was possible to pull the wheels, if your car was lowered like 1.5"..I dont care if its a few inches off the ground, has anybody done it?
Old 05-09-2004, 03:41 PM

I have a 2" drop and I can pull the wheels, as long as I have a low profile/stance jack. I do have trouble using ramps though. But for only a 1.5 drop you should be able to remove a wheel with no problems, with a standard jack.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:52 PM

lol, thats not what I ment..I mean, liftin' the wheels at the starting line, when launching at the drag strip...ya get me?
Old 05-09-2004, 03:52 PM

Originally posted by Bone Daddy
I have a 2" drop and I can pull the wheels, as long as I have a low profile/stance jack. I do have trouble using ramps though. But for only a 1.5 drop you should be able to remove a wheel with no problems, with a standard jack.
I think he might mean lift the wheels at the track???

you can always pull the wheels, jsut gotta get under it, if your jack is too high hten drive onto a couple peices of wood first.

EDIT, posted the same time I did.

well one, if your that hard core your not lowered.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:58 PM

Don't mind x-ride and his lowering hating ways, he's just grouchy because his bilstein bribe money is late again.

If your at the track, why would you want to lift the wheels? If I was going to try and show my a$$, and try and lift a lowered car like that, I would'nt do it in front of a crowd and pay for it to boot. Like the grouch said, hardcore people dont want to gain any raise, they just want to get down the strip as quick as possible. That raise will cost you time.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:36 PM

Don't mind x-ride and his lowering hating ways, he's just grouchy because his bilstein bribe money is late again.
no I got your KYB one, and its not near what bilstein sends

its more power and traction to lift the front, you need both, but without traction all hte power in the world cant get the wheels up.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:00 PM

Originally posted by Xride
no I got your KYB one, and its not near what bilstein sends

That's because KYB doesn't have to bleed their bank accounts to get people to buy their shocks, they damned near sell themselves!

And he never answered why he wants to do a "wheelie" at the track, I'm intrigued.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:44 PM

That's because KYB doesn't have to bleed their bank accounts to get people to buy their shocks, they damned near sell themselves!

And he never answered why he wants to do a "wheelie" at the track, I'm intrigued.
no no, bilstien are better, and they sell more cause of that, and can therefor afford more

I would want to pull the wheel for one reason, a kick *** photo.
other hten that its just slowing me down.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:46 PM

Ya, I guess all the cars that are runnin' anywhere from low 9's-high 10's(that pull the front wheels) are pretty slow.

I was just curious if anybody is capable of doin' it, lowered about 1.5"..I think I have the right combo to do this, just need the traction part of it...It was a simple question, and Iwas looking for a simple answer...Thanks!
Old 05-09-2004, 05:55 PM

simple is here, what ya want to know
i dont see why you couldnt pull the wheel with a lowered vehicle, it might take more power or more fine tuning of the suspension but i would think its very possible

but...........not from your sloass piece tho
Old 05-09-2004, 05:57 PM

Thanks....***...
Old 05-09-2004, 06:35 PM

Originally posted by flyinZ
Ya, I guess all the cars that are runnin' anywhere from low 9's-high 10's(that pull the front wheels) are pretty slow.

I was just curious if anybody is capable of doin' it, lowered about 1.5"..I think I have the right combo to do this, just need the traction part of it...It was a simple question, and Iwas looking for a simple answer...Thanks!
by slow me down I mean, if I have hte extra to lift it could have been used to push me down the track instead.

there is no reason you cant lift the wheels while lowered.
but the traction to do so will be harder to get.