Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Need help no making my car more confy and quiet.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 05:17 PM

Need help no making my car more confy and quiet.

Hey I moved back to my country about 4 years ago and I brought my camaro with me (94z28 m6) and the roads here suck so its very noise and probly loose from the use .
ive noticed that my center console where the radio goes is noise cuz of the cheap plastic.

any recomendations on mods to make it more like a normal car meanning quiet ( i dont mind m exhaust) and not so jumpy. it has t tops so maybe sfcs woud help.
Im thinking of maybe new shocks ,sfcs etc...

thanks
Old 05-03-2008, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by cridom
Hey I moved back to my country about 4 years ago and I brought my camaro with me (94z28 m6) and the roads here suck so its very noise and probly loose from the use .
ive noticed that my center console where the radio goes is noise cuz of the cheap plastic.

any recomendations on mods to make it more like a normal car meanning quiet ( i dont mind m exhaust) and not so jumpy. it has t tops so maybe sfcs woud help.
Im thinking of maybe new shocks ,sfcs etc...

thanks
you will see huge improvements from sound deadening if your willing to do the work. use a layer or two of deadening material and a layer of closed cell foam on top of it. the deadener gets rid of the vibration noise and road noise. the foam blocks sound. it will be night and day difference if you do your doors with two layers and your floor with a layer or two. secondskinaudio.com sells the best you can get but they are a lil pricy. raamaudio.com is also great and is what i use and they are cheaper. places like elemental designs has cheap stuff that will work but its not as good. i have used it on one of my vehicles and i had no problems with it in two years though. you can search and talk to they guys on caraudioforum.com and learn more about it.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:29 PM

thanks , the only problem is that i live in chile so its hard to get em here.
Ill try to get some or otherwise i might have to wait for a friend to come to chile from the US.
do u think shock and re tighten all screws and grease everything that needs grease would help a lot?

BTW how much did you use of which products for your camaro?

Last edited by cridom; 05-03-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:59 AM

i dont think the shocks will do to much. the rattles are from everything being loose. i used 1 roll of raamaudio its 62.5 square ft. i did two layers on my driver door, 2 layers on the front floor and under both seats, one layer on the pass door, and almost 1 full layer on the truck. none under the back seat because i ran out.

alot of small things need to get done to make your car quiet. take your door panels off and adjust the the windows, the locks and handle. replace broke fittings and loose ones. i put rubber hose over the metal rods of the door handle and locks. the windows have hooks on the bottom mine where broke and it rattled alot. the trunk probably needs adjusted to tighten it with its closed. under the console the linkage on the shifter all rattled very bad while driving. i just used rubber tape to keep it tight and it took the noise away altogether (probably the biggest improvement other than the sound deadener). nothing was hard about all this just takes time and willingness to do it.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:29 PM

thanks man