Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

MAC vs. Spohn- which torque arm is better?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 03:33 PM

MAC vs. Spohn- which torque arm is better?

Currently, I have a MAC tunnel-mounted torque arm, but I really don't know how good they really are in terms of durability. There's nothing wrong with mine- I just haven't heard all that much about them like I've heard about Spohn. I've heard awesome things about Spohn torque arms. Which one is better in terms of quality and durability?
Old 10-09-2006, 12:18 PM

Re: MAC vs. Spohn- which torque arm is better?

Might I suggest UMI? They have become pretty much the only parts I use. We still sell others, but UMI's stuff is top notch. They are right up the road from me and I've been there more than once. I see how they weld, how clean the metal is, even the quality of the powerdcoating.

This is why I sell UMI parts. TA's start @ $209 for a trans-mounted non-adjustable one, to $349 for a tunnel mounted unit. And you can opt for things like driveshaft loops, Chrome-Moly, new hardware, etc. Every option is still under $500.

Nothing is impervious to breakage. I know of TA's from about everyone that have failed. You are buying somewhat different designs, and most of all fit and finish.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call me. I'd be happy to answer them.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:03 PM

Re: MAC vs. Spohn- which torque arm is better?

Well, judging from all the positive things I've heard about you on this board, I think I'm now going to go with all UMI parts. If a guy like you that really knows his stuff recommends UMI, I'd be foolhardy and ignorant to go wih anything other than UMI...thanks again!