South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

Thinking of moving to FLA...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 08:17 PM

Originally posted by Michael Ozorowsky
How about Emissions? Do you guys have emissions inspections on cars? What's that like? Yearly or what?

Do you guys have *** Communications cable there? I am trying to get into *** here in OK and hopefully transfer there. I don't have any degrees. I am 22, can do just about anything. I'd like to either get into repairing cars, or some kind of customer service or something.

absolutely no emissions testing..........its wonderful

as for ***..........their website lists a few florida locations.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:35 PM

Originally posted by got_hp?
absolutely no emissions testing..........its wonderful
I thought Hillsborough and Pinellas had emissions testing, or is that no longer in effect?

Ask DarthIROC about it, he'll know. If you want to know what strip clubs are good, he'll know that too.
Old 06-28-2003, 01:47 AM

Strip clubs are ALWAYS good as soon as I get some money coming in. Anyways, to go a little more in depth, my fiancee and I are moving there, so I figure as long as we can make 8/hr. + each, we should be fine. My mom will help us get settled there, but we need to find jobs fast, hopefully stable ones. THe job market in Tulsa SUCKS. NO jobs. Not even at wal-mart or anything.

Also, what kind of jobs do you guys have there? I have my class "A" license, just not my airbrake endorsement. I used to haul around Equipment at my last job in Boston, MA. I would like to get into customer service for like a cable Co. ideally. I'm pretty open to suggestions as far as jobs, just need a job, hopefully a career job.

Do you guys have points for your insurance? An accident/ticket gets taken off ur insurance in 3 years here in OK. It was 6 years in MA.
Old 06-28-2003, 06:13 AM

Yeah, we have that points system for driver licenses in FL.

I believe one ticket gives you 3 points and if you accumulate 12 points before a year's time, your license gets suspended for a few months. You can opt to take that 4 hr. driving class if you've received a speeding ticket and it will remove the points from your license so your insurance won't go up. You can only take that class 5 times in your life (I've taken it twice), but I recently heard they passed a new law saying you can take that class as much as you want.

When you ask what kinds of jobs we have down here, we have all kinds of jobs, but I skim the want ads just for the hell of it once in a while and it seems that companies in the service sector seem to be hiring often.

You'll find that the closer you are to a metropolitan area of FL, the higher the pay will be, and the further away you are, the less it will be.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:10 AM

Originally posted by SFB767
I thought Hillsborough and Pinellas had emissions testing, or is that no longer in effect?

Ask DarthIROC about it, he'll know. If you want to know what strip clubs are good, he'll know that too.
Nope hasnt been emmisions here in Hillborough for about 5 years or more mow.

Gold Rush, Secrets, Diamonds, Mons Venus, Oddesy, and my personal favorite Deja Vu
Old 06-29-2003, 10:15 AM

So how long exactly does a ticket/accident stay on your record? Could you elaborate on the points system as well? Explain exactly how that works? Thanks.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:51 PM

disney is always hireing just depends on what is open at the time you apply ive been working at disney for the last 22 years
Old 07-08-2003, 10:24 PM

Fine then get me a job there.
Does anyone know the gun control laws out there??? What does it take to own a handgun cuz i own several.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:27 PM

Does anyone know the gun control laws out there??? What does it take to own a handgun cuz i own several.
deffinitlly need to be licenced...... what type of work would you like to do???
Old 07-08-2003, 10:35 PM

Anything not serving food, or anything that involves extreme heat. I'd LOVE to work at Sea World, or maybe in some kind of guest relations/customer service. Something that has good benefits, and I can retire from hopefully. What do you think of working at Disney? Can you make a living off of it? I'm not looking to get rich, just to live comfortably.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:45 AM

Originally posted by Michael Ozorowsky
What do you think of working at Disney? Can you make a living off of it?
Probably not. When one of my friends started working there in the summer of '00, I believe they started her at $6.50/hr. It's probably just over $7/hr. now.

Disney has VERY strict grooming standards and if you're like 5' from someone, you have to smile at them.

About the firearms, I think you just need to apply for a concealed weapons permit here in FL and you'll be OK to carry them.

If you're looking for a good job here in FL, I've heard that UPS and FedEx delivery drivers start at around $30-35K a year and you get benefits from day one.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:20 AM

well like i said i've been there for 22 years and have moved up the ladder to a comfortable position
Old 07-09-2003, 04:20 PM

I don't care to carry my guns on me, just to be able to have them in my house, and take them to the target Range. Here in OK, you don't have to have any kind of permit to do that.

Also, do you guys have a tax on food/clothes?

What is the avg. rent out there for like a 1 bedroom?
Old 07-10-2003, 01:04 AM

No tax on food that u need (milk, break etc)

I would suggest working for UPS, You have to be a package handler for about a year but you start at 9+ an hour with great benefits....(free med,dental.....etc)

I currently work at universal for my CO-OP and i am making really good money doing room service (average 12-14 an hour) for a hotel there..Work in AC...and the work isn;t hard at all...

Its very easy to get a job here if your very personable and able to market yourself......

Goodluck
Ken
Old 07-10-2003, 01:06 AM

Sounds good guys. Finishing things up here, and I should be there within the next couple of months.

Quick Reply: Thinking of moving to FLA...