Site Help and Suggestions For account related issues and questions about how to use this site. Before posting, please search this forum.

Search problems? Come in here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by All_Z_Way
Search isn't working for me. It didn't work yesterday or today.

I was searching valve springs in the LT1 engine section.
See the previous post...

Originally Posted by ChrisFrez
Looks like the search index needs to be rebuilt. This is extremely time consuming and server intensive, so I'll do it this coming weekend. Please be patient.
Hang in there!
Old 03-07-2007, 03:07 PM

Even though it was already addressed, I'll put in my input in anyways... no such thing as bad info.

If I put certain words in the search, it gives me a blank page.... if i reword it, it might come up.

Good luck with your repairing Jason, and thanks for addressing the problem.... and here I thought my computer was being a douche...
Old 03-08-2007, 08:26 PM

I thought it was Opera at first, but I had the same problem with IE. I noticed this thread, so I guess I'll just have to wait until next week to try my headers search.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:34 AM

At least it isn't just me.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:07 AM

Is there any way to do a search where only posts matching ALL of the search terms are given as results? For example, I was looking for posts on how to properly use the bubble levels on the headlights of my Z for aiming purposes, and I find plenty of posts concerning the aim of someone's project, and tons of posts regarding headlight replacement/upgrade, but only one post on properly aiming headlights which only said to use the tape on a wall method.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:59 AM
01Z

I see there is no "New Posts" search feature here any longer. Am I missing something or has this been removed?
Old 05-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by 01Z
I see there is no "New Posts" search feature here any longer. Am I missing something or has this been removed?
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515213
Old 06-07-2007, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by MadaSnik84
Is there a way to include operators into the search criteria, such as and? I've been trying to find a set of "rear calipers" for my car and every time I type in two words in the search criteria, I get results with only one of each and every once in a while I get what I am after.

Even if I type in "and", I still don't get anything better.
So is there a way to do this? I get the same results with only 1 word of the 2 matching.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:24 PM

Is there a way to include operators into the search criteria, such as and? I've been trying to find a set of "rear calipers" for my car and every time I type in two words in the search criteria, I get results with only one of each and every once in a while I get what I am after.

Originally Posted by Asylist
Is there any way to do a search where only posts matching ALL of the search terms are given as results? For example, I was looking for posts on how to properly use the bubble levels on the headlights of my Z for aiming purposes, and I find plenty of posts concerning the aim of someone's project, and tons of posts regarding headlight replacement/upgrade, but only one post on properly aiming headlights which only said to use the tape on a wall method.
Originally Posted by 2QUIK6
So is there a way to do this? I get the same results with only 1 word of the 2 matching.

Is there an answer to this question? I too would like to be able to search on multiple words.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Black97SS
Is there an answer to this question? I too would like to be able to search on multiple words.
Originally Posted by Asylist

Originally Posted by 2QUIK6
I 5th this.... Any way to do it? It would be extremely helpful

Thanks
Old 07-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by sabre81
Any way to do it?
If we could, we definitely would.

This is something we are always working on and looking into improving.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:03 PM

Thanks for the answer, I was just noticing today that in the FAQ section there is a drop down list for "Matching Options''. Made me think to check back in this thread to see if there was an update. I appreciate at least knowing that it is something you would like to do but are prevented by technical hurdles.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:29 AM

Searching for 3.73 or 3.23 returns no results.