Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Is there a orthadox way to wipe zaino off?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2002, 09:13 AM

Post Is there a orthadox way to wipe zaino off?

I allways apply the zaino the "deep" way with the top surfaces going front to back and the sides going up and down.
I was just wandering because i have always gone across the "grain" since it is easier. is it okay to do that or should i go with the "grain"
BTW: IT's BLACK!

------------------
"Black Sunshine" 2001 SS Black on Black leather M6 Mods:Corsa Exhuast (sweeeeet), Raised and sealed lower Airbox w/Holly powershot filter and SLP lid, Ported MAF, !CAGS, Stull polished grill w/69'SS emblem.
Future mods:FLP Long Tube Headers,BBK 80mm Throttle Body, Thunder Racing 224/224 Cam, TNT 100 wet shot with custom Nozzle assembly (for when I'm losing), Stella Sides/rear bodykit, Wings West front piece, Simmons Polished 17"x11" rims w/315/35/17 BF Goodwrench KD rears and 17"x9.5" fronts w/275/40/17s
Old 02-13-2002, 10:52 AM

No is no special way to remove the Zaino. Most important is the towel you use and to be gentle.

------------------
Kevin Villier, 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", TT, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, STB, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid with Holley filter and Mallory polished MAF ends.

Louisville, KY
Old 02-13-2002, 05:32 PM

Thumbs up

Yeah, I agree. I don't think there is any magical way to remove Zaino that will enhance it's shine qualities. Like Kevin said, the right towels make the most difference. Also, I think it's better to make many light, quick strokes than to press the towel into the paint.

You could always experiment a little and see if you notice any difference. Maybe do half the hood one way and half another method. I personally don't think you'll see a difference, but you never know...

------------------
*Mike's 1992 Camaro RS 25th Anniv.*
Dark Red Metallic (ext.) / Flame Red (int.)
Flowmaster Crossflow, K&N, 20% 3M Panther Black Tint
JL Audio 3 10", PPI PC2100, Kenwood eXcelon KRC-953H/U, Kenwood / Pioneer speakers
ZAINO! - The Perfect Shine. Special Thanks to Sal Z!
My Guitars, Metallica Style!
Old 02-13-2002, 11:48 PM

Whenever I am removing Zaino it really is tough to get out and sometimes looks like a residue is left behind from the Zaino not totally removing. Am i not letting it dry long enough?, putting to much on? new towels? and help thanks.
Old 02-14-2002, 08:57 AM

Smile

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DarkzSS:
Whenever I am removing Zaino it really is tough to get out and sometimes looks like a residue is left behind from the Zaino not totally removing. Am i not letting it dry long enough?, putting to much on? new towels? and help thanks.</font>
Probably both. Zaino should wipe off almost effortlessly. More than likely you are not letting it dry long enough, and if you're using too much it'll take even longer to dry. If it's leaving a residue film behind, that a sure sign that it's not completely dry. Always do the finger swipe test before you start to remove anything. Just take you finger and literally make a swipe along a panel. If there is a film where you swiped, leave it alone for now. If it is pretty much clean and residue free, than it's safe to remove.