Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Is there a "Zaino for Dumbies" book ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 11:28 PM

Question Is there a "Zaino for Dumbies" book ?

Actually, I know there isn't, but can someone just give me a quick-and-dirty how to, what to apply when, and how much should be applied, run down of Z products. The inlcuded directions speak of Z1, but I have the ZFX and then it mentions to use either Z2 or Z5, well which is it? For a 1st time user, what would be most beneficial? See I finally got my Zaino today (thnx KevinSS) and I plan on spending my weekend trying it out. I can't wait to see the results and see if it lives up to all of the hype. I know it's not rocket science, I just don't want to screw anything up. I have been a Meguires user since 1989. I know questions like this have been played out, so if anyone is so inclined please respond to this thread or to my e-mail jburkott@map.com, thanks. -Jeff

------------------
1996 Blue-Green Chameleon Formula
1of70 Chameleon Formulas for 1996
2000 S10 LS 4.3L 4x4 PickUp
JeffsWorld
Old 08-24-2002, 07:22 AM

If you haven't read all the information on the Zaino webpage, do it. There is ALOT of great info about all the products, their use, tips and tricks and FAQ's. Most any question can be answered with their info.

Anyway, here is a short version:
1. Wash the car with Dawn to remove old wax/polish, use a 100% cotton wash mitt or towel
2. Clay the entire car, use plenty of lube, knead the clay often, rinse each area after claying
3. Rewash the entire car with the Z-7 after you complete the claying to remove any residue, again witha 100% cotton mitt or towel
4. Dry the car with 100% cotton towels, I use an electric leaf blower to remove the excess water
5. Mix up 1 oz. of Z-5 and ZFX, let sit to activate
5. (Optional) Use Z-6 to wipe down the entire car to remove any water spots, etc., use only 1 oz. or less
6. Moisten the applicator pad slightly and begin applying the Z-5/ZFX very thin and even, the 1 oz. is enough to do the entire car
7. After the polish has dried completely, buff off the polish with a 100% cotton towel
8. Wipe down the car again with the Z-6 and sit back and admire the shine
9. Apply another coat of polish if you like
10. Use the Z-6 in between washes to keep the car looking great

Good luck!!!

------------------
Kevin Villier, 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", TT, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, STB, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid with Holley filter and Mallory polished MAF ends.

Louisville, KY
Old 08-24-2002, 07:31 AM

Read this thread from the Autopia Carport Forum (great site for detailing info).
http://autopia.ws/forums/showthread....threadid=14408
There are many mis-spelled words but you will get the jest of what's involved. I wish I could write Belgian as will as he writes English.

------------------
95 Triple Blk Z28 Convertible - "garage queen" finish protected by Zaino/Blackfire combo

[This message has been edited by blkZ28Conv (edited August 24, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by blkZ28Conv (edited August 24, 2002).]
Old 08-24-2002, 08:32 AM

Smile

I guess I could write a book on how to use everything from the start, but it's already presented in a good format here: http://www.lazaino.com./ApplyZaino.htm

Also, if you have not done so already, be sure to read all the application tips from www.zainobros.com

I think Carl, one of the Z distributors, actually has a guide he wrote that he can email you. Maybe he will post and tell you how to get the guide.

I'm actually gonna be doing some Zainoing this morning myself, so it's off to the garage!

Mike

------------------
*My 1992 Camaro RS 25th Anniv.*
Dark Red Metallic (ext.) / Flame Red (int.)
Flowmaster Crossflow, K&N, 20% 3M Panther Black Tint
JL Audio 3 10", PPI PC2100, other Kenwood & Pioneer goodies...
Show Car Shine by ZainoBros! - Thanks Sal!

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited August 24, 2002).]