Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

questions on half @ss detail

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 10:25 PM

questions on half @ss detail

okay so weve been having some nice warm weather around chicago but still no sun, but on one of these sunny days i think i am finally going to get to detail my firebird, but before i do anything i need to know what i have to do,

i got this meguiars quick clay kit which supposedly leaves ure finish smooth as glass but ill never know till i try i guess, im just not sure the way i need to do things, i think i got it straight but ive never done any like long job on any cars before so this is obviously my first time doing this alone

~thorough wash of car
~ than i use that detail spray stuff from the kid and than carefully wipe it with the clay
~after ^that^ do i wax the car?

sorry i am an idiot but im still learning so give me some slack lol

im not looking for perfect quality results but some results would definitely be nice

THANKS MUCH!
Old 03-10-2006, 12:21 AM

Re: questions on half @ss detail

When you clay bar, you are just cleaning the paint basically. Taking some minor defects off and some oxidation. I would recommend some sort of Polish which will actually help produce a deeper, shinier paint. Wax will just protect that. You can use 1 coat or ever more if you want that protection. I am sure people will chime in with their personal preferences, but it just depends on how much money you want to spend and how much time you want to devote to the car. I just moved to Texas from Chicago recently. Don't miss that cold weather at all.