Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Ok, Zaino....whats the Deal??? Is it really THAT good?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 11:50 PM

Talking Ok, Zaino....whats the Deal??? Is it really THAT good?

I know it is supposed to be the bex stuf out there but come on??? Is it really the all mighty?

I keep hearing "Zaino,Zaino,Zaino!!!"

Is it really as good as they say?

------------------
Brian
Aim - Theonlyaragon
1997 Red/w Black top Z28 / A4/3.23's/ T-Top converted
::basic bolt-ons, currently saving $$$ for future projects::
Old 08-21-2002, 06:36 AM

Talking

The answer to your question: "YES"

The only way to find out for yourself is to try some and then make a decision. It really does what it says and then some!!!

Try it, you'll like it.

Fred

------------------
My Z:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...259&uid=465137
Old 08-21-2002, 06:36 AM

I had tried dozens of products for 30 years before I skeptically tried something else called Zaino. Nothing ever lived up to my expectations. I could get a real nice shine but it never lasted and provided about zero protection. Always scraping the bugs, hoping I get them off and the bird stuff before it ruined the paint. The slightest rain and I had to start all over. In the summer it even melted off.

After the first coat of Zaino I had to admit, it did have a great shine. But so did other products. After I had about 4 coats on it, since it stacked, I wanted to see what the extra coats did. The car got even shinier with each coat and I noticed that the shine wasn't washing off, at all. When I went on a trip and came back with the nose covered in bugs, I figured I was in for an hour of scrubbing. I wet down the front and went and got my bug scrubbing supplies. Back to the car and sprayed it off real good again and turned to pick up my scrubbing supplies. When I turned back, the bugs were gone, with NO damage or anything to the paint or finish. I was sold. I had a cat that would always climb on my car with mud all over him. I came out one morning and there were a bunch of "slide" marks where the cat tried to get on the car and kept sliding off. He never came back. Any time it rains, I just get out the Z-6 enhancer spray and I'm done and it looks like it had just been polished. I had my car sitting for 5 days on a roof level garage on another trip. When I came out to head back home, it was literally covered in seagull cr@p and I mean covered, with it baking in the sun for 5 days. I cleared off the windows for the long drive home and then sprayed it off real good, unloaded the car, came back and sprayed it off again, used a little of the Z-6 enhancer spray and it looked like I had just polished it.

I'll never use anything else but Zaino again. No product I had ever used before ever came close.

------------------
Kevin Villier, 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", TT, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, STB, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid with Holley filter and Mallory polished MAF ends.

Louisville, KY
Old 08-21-2002, 07:01 AM

Speaking of cats on cars, I happened to look out the front window at my car, just as a cat jumped on the hood. The cat slid all the way across and off the other side. Zaino is slick and glossy. The cat can testify to the slickness, as it still comes around. It gets on my neighbor's car, but leaves mine alone.
Old 08-21-2002, 08:04 AM

Thumbs up

Like many here, I've used a LOT of products over the years, but in the end, only one line has consistently met or exceeded my high expectations.....Zaino. There is more to Zaino than just the shine. You can make almost any wax or even some household products shine as well as Zaino, but there is more to a wax than shine alone. Here's what Zaino offers, besides it's optically clear, bright, wet look shine, which arguably is the best I've found. Zaino, with it's polymer formula contains no natural wax, none. It's completely synthetic, and offers fantastic protection from UV and other environmental factors especially since Zaino is one of the very few products that can layer or build after every coat. This is a major plus if you have a daily driver. You simply can't beat the protection that Zaino affords. The shine will not wash off after a rain storm or a couple car washes, like most all ordinary waxes, which can't layer. In fact, it usually improves after each wash, a pretty nice effect IMO! So, you see, there is more to proper car care than just the shine. If you want just shine, use Pledge furniture polish, it contains the same types of ingredients as an ordinary wax, but what kind of protection would you be getting from doing so?? NONE! Also, Zaino is so slick that nothing will usually stick to my finish now, like bugs, tar, etc, which makes cleaning the car sooooo much easier. After years of trying and using just about every quality product I can get my hands on, Zaino is the one that earns my business, and my trust with my car's finish. There is a reason why Zaino is preferred by most enthusiasts all over the net about keeping cars looking their best with the most protection. It's up to you to find out....

Oh, and you won't find another manufacturer that will stand behind their customers and products like the guys at ZainoBros, and the creator Sal Zaino. Sal is extremely customer oriented and will usually do what it takes to make sure customers are 110% satisfied. This kind of customer service means a ton in my book...and it carries over with the distributors as well. The Zaino distributors are usually always willing to go out of their way to make sure you are satisfied and informed about the products. Top notch products + top notch service = fantastic products with fantastic support!

If you have questions about any of the products, feel free to email me and I'll be glad to try to help you with the decision. I see you are from California. I can also suggest some distributors in your area if you like.

Mike

------------------
*My 1992 Camaro RS 25th Anniv.*
Dark Red Metallic (ext.) / Flame Red (int.)
Flowmaster Crossflow, K&N, 20% 3M Panther Black Tint
JL Audio 3 10", PPI PC2100, other Kenwood & Pioneer goodies...
Show Car Shine by ZainoBros! - Thanks Sal!

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited August 21, 2002).]
Old 08-21-2002, 10:15 AM

I was "addicted to" the Mother's products for 7-8 years.
Between this site and LS-1.com, I learned about Zaino and haven't touched anything else since!!!

Plus it smells nice!!!!
Disclaimer- Don't drink Z-6, it doesn't taste as good as it smells!! (But you get plenty of time in the outhouse to read car magazines!!!)

------------------
All single F-body girls, please apply within!!
Old 08-21-2002, 11:01 AM

Well, I might as well add my $.02 worth as well. I was EXTREMELY skeptical before I tried the Zbros products. Especially since my initial order was close to $100. just to get started (wife: You're going to spend $100. on WHAT?). I've been keeping nice cars since I was 16 (now 41) and have used too many products to mention - if it was available at the local auto store, I probably used it at one time or another.

Then I did it, I broke down and got the Zbros. products - clay bar, swirl remover, clear coat polish, some speed enhancer (don't remember the number), pads and finishing spray. Spent several hours working on the car. Let me tell you, the shine was absolutely incredible -- but even more importantly was when you ran your hand/finger across the paint -- SMOOTH. I had never felt a car finish as smooth as this. My brother in law then pulled up and he commented on the shine so I made him run his finger across - his comment was "Holy ****" and wanted to know what I used. Then my dad saw the car and said he couldn't believe that my '96 looked better than his '02 (miata)and he wanted me to do his car (he's been a good dad so.... I guess I'll do it, hehehe).

I've since put a second coat on and most of the car wash swirls and other light scratches have all but disappeared and the shine has truly gotten deeper and deeper. Even after a rain, the shine "shines" through and you can't really tell the car is even dirty unless you get right up to it. I now swear by Zaino's and have recommended it to several of my friends with nice rides (even though they're not F-bods!).

My suggestion - TAKE THE PLUNGE, BITE THE BULLET, SPEND THE BUCKS - The best Mod you'll ever invest in - It is worth every single penny!

D4
Old 08-21-2002, 11:39 AM

Thumbs up

D4,

Your story is a classic example of how many of us got started with Zaino and why it continues to be the favorite. I can relate very well to everything you mentioned. I think at some point we were all skeptics before using it, but the fact is, that the Zaino products do all the talking. It's really amazing the amount of money most of us here have spent on other wax related (nonZaino) products in the past. Heh, probably enough to easily have a lifetime supply of the Zaino polishes. Oh well, live and learn, but stick with the best!

Oh, and yeah I agree with the rain comment. I've never used anything that looked as good before AND after a downpour of rain. It's quite amazing really...

------------------

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited August 21, 2002).]
Old 08-21-2002, 02:19 PM

Smile

It is really THAT good. My hubby thought I was insane to order all the products as we have a full line of Meguiar's, too, but now he is working his butt off with his Meg's products and envying me with my Zaino as I quickly and easily remove the polish from my whole car while he is still sweating over the hood! He constantly asks me to redo his 'Vette with Zaino, I'm refusing until he goes to Mall of America shopping with me.

------------------
Rox

2001 Bright Rally Red SS Zaino-happy and would really like a Corsa sometime in this cosmic millennium
Old 08-22-2002, 07:32 AM

Question

OK this Zaino bug has bitten me, I got to try after all of these stories, but I checked all of the local auto stores and nobody carries it. Whats the deal?

------------------
David

1997 Z28 M6, Monsoon CD, T-Tops, Leather
Flowmaster, TPIS AirFoil, 1LE Intake Elbow, CAI, K&N Conal Filter, Chromed Z28 style tips, Silver Camaro lettering rear, Replaced factory fog lights with Pilot Driving Lights with Hyper-White Bulbs

Join my Yahoo Group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HighPerformanceChevrolets/
Old 08-22-2002, 07:39 AM

Well, Sal Zaino does not want Zaino to be sold in stores where the customer would not get full instructions on how to use it. It is sold through a dealer network, or direct from Zaino. I see you're in Ky. Check this site, and ask how to obtain Zaino: www.kyfbodies.org
Old 08-22-2002, 07:56 AM

Lightbulb

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 30thZ286speed:
OK this Zaino bug has bitten me, I got to try after all of these stories, but I checked all of the local auto stores and nobody carries it. Whats the deal?

</font>
I order direct from Sal...

www.zainobros.com

Old 08-23-2002, 10:44 AM

Well my Dad actually bragged on the shine on my car! That is saying something!

At first I wasn't totally blown away. However, it just keeps getting better. The 2nd coat was a big improvement!! I have 5 or 6 coats on my car now, and it is really starting to glow. I bought the clay bar, but I really didn't use it much. I'm a fanatic, but I really don't have time to carry my detailing that far.

After the first coat, I bent down to put air in my tires at a gas station. It felt like someone was looking at me. Well, it turns out it was me! I could see my reflection in the paint much,much,much more than before. And that was just the first coat.

The greatest thing to me is the water beading.I have never seen anything bead water like this stuff. WOW! Anything else I've used would just about be gone after two or 3 washes.

The Z6 is great! It sure does smell good! It makes the paint ultral slick and shiny. The other day though I sat my Z6 bottle down. I knocked it over accidentally, and the top came off the bottle! I grabbed it as quick as I could, but it gushed real big before I could pick it up. I really didn't lose that much, but I bet I lost enough to do the car 15 times or so.
Old 08-23-2002, 11:33 AM

Smile

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Allen66:
I bought the clay bar, but I really didn't use it much. I'm a fanatic, but I really don't have time to carry my detailing that far.
</font>
You really should do at least one full claying every year, or more often if your paint needs it. It doesn't take very long to clay once you're familiar with the process, but the results are amazing, both in terms of slickness/smoothness, and shine. You'd be surpried how much of a difference the clay will make, especially in preserving your finish over time. One of the better times to clay is immediately after a wash. Fill the bucket with fresh Z7 suds and rewet each panel claying as you go. May take one or two extra hours, but it's well worth it!

------------------
Old 08-25-2002, 05:15 AM

Guess I will try it.

Quick Reply: Ok, Zaino....whats the Deal??? Is it really THAT good?