Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Ok, Zaino....whats the Deal??? Is it really THAT good?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 01:22 PM

I've used it, and have had concours restored cars. I honestly couldn't see what the real big deal is. To me there are alot of other comprable produsts out there for a hell of alot less money. I use a place called Griot's Garage. Their website is
www.griotsgarage.com Today Zaino is the deal in some circles. Tomorrow it will be something else.
Old 08-25-2002, 02:29 PM

Lightbulb

Griot's certainly isn't a "hell of a lot" less than Zaino and a host of other products actually. Their prices are very inflated cosidering what you get for the money. I wouldn't consider a $13 bottle of Zaino expensive, considering the number of applications you get and how long it lasts. Griot's waxes certainly aren't cheap and offer the run-of-the mill durability of nearly any carnauba. Blitz or P21S wax offers better durability and shine IMO, for considerably less. But, if that's what you're after, that's cool, but Zaino isn't today's fad. It's been used by enthusiasts for years and grows in popularity every day. In fact, synthetic formulas will likely represent the future of detailing products in the years to come if the government keeps cracking down on high solvent products, like carnaubas. I'm not saying Griot's is bad, but there are much better values among carnauba waxes. And, Griot's can't begin to touch the durability and protection of a synthetic, like Zaino. You're comparing apples and oranges really...your "concours" cars are nothing like your everyday street cars. And caring for them is in another world alltogether. They certainly have no need for durable products or protection.
Old 08-25-2002, 10:33 PM

In a word, yes!

Since I turned 16 (14 years ago) I used only the "good stuff" on my rides. I was a Mother's Gold and Meguire's user and I'll admit, my cars always looked great. (and my dad's car, and my friends' cars ... they all paid me to detail their cars)

When I got the Z28 last year, I quickly heard about this Zaino stuff, just from being on the CZ28.com board. I thought, what the heck, I'll get a bottle of Z1 and Z2 and give it a shot.

All I could say was WOW ! My navy blue metallic paint looked better than it did when I bought the car. And I didn't even do the clay bar or anything special .... just one coat of Z1 and one coat of Z2.

I just talked my Bullitt friend into giving Zaino a try. He wouldn't try it on his Bullitt quite yet ... not until he tried it on his Explorer. He called me today ... he was just finishing up his 2nd coat on his Bullitt.

This weekend, I went all out ... washed, clayed and re-washed the Black WS6. Then I did 3 coats of Z5 and a coat of Z2, all with ZFX and a coat of Z6 in between all other stuff.

When I pull out into the sunlight tomorrow morning, the car is going to blind the neighbors. It has a glossy mirror finish on it.

Sal's stuff is kinda pricey if you have never bought high-end polish before. People that buy a $2 bottle of Turtle-Wax probably won't spring for $75 worth of polishes. (that's how much it cost me for a bottle of Z2, Z5, Z6, SFX, and clay bar) But if you're serious about your car, and want the best looking finish for your baby, Zaino is the only way to go.

When you spend $20 for the ZFX, and only get a tiny blue bottle ... you'll think WTF did I buy for $20? The ZFX eliminates the Z1 step and allows for a much faster drying time. I was able to do 3 coats today because of the ZFX. Without it, using Z would have limited me to possibly 2 coats, and even that isn't recommended. Using Z1, Sal recommends 24 hours between coats. The ZFX allows you to do up to 6 coats in a 2-day weekend.

Sorry to ramble so much, but I am a die-hard Zaino fan. Sure, the other stuff may be cheaper and faster, but the Zaino is incredible for durability and the shine is like no other.

One word of caution ... use it lightly. The biggest mistake everyone makes the first time is to put it on too thick. It doesn't take much.

I mix 1oz at a time and usualy get 2 coats out of it. Some people even get 3 coats from 1oz. I guess I'm still putting it on a litle thick, even after almost 2 years of experience with it.

Buy some and try it out. If you don't like it, someone here will buy it from you. I promise!

------------------
2001 TransAm WS6, M6 3.42
HPP, TBB, 160* t-stat, MTI Lid, Holley PowerShot, Flowmaster 80, Port/Polish MAF

www.BlackWS6.com

2001 Z28
-- R.I.P. - 06/25/02
Old 08-26-2002, 11:15 AM
Disciple

Thumbs up

Zaino has another satisfied customer here!
I finally broke down and bought everything Zaino. Z2, Z5, Z6, Z7, Z9, Z10, Z12, Z18 and ZFX... got it all.
I've been hearing alot of good things about Zaino, so I gave it a shot myself.
After the Dawn wash, clay bar, and one simple coat of Z5 and Z6, I am blown away by the results. I can't wait to see what it looks like after a couple coats of Z2
Heck, I may even leave work early so I can get home and Zaino the car some more.

------------------
www.CamaroHighway.com
Yahoo! Group - Chevy Camaro Z28
2001 Camaro Z28 A4 2.73 - Navy Blue Metallic - my 5th Camaro!
Stock Dyno: 293HP/317TQ
Stock 1/4 Mile: 13.573 @ 103.18
Mods: SLP CAI, K&N Filter, SLP Loudmouth, SLP Lid
Best 1/4 Mile: 13.285 @ 106.11
Old 08-26-2002, 12:34 PM

Thumbs up

I am a Zaino believer! Though the application process makes me want to switch back to Meguiars, the end result makes it all worth it!

From what I've seen, I think the "shine" factor is better on darker colors. My white car is still shiney, but not as shiney as my brother's red Camaro. (maybe it's me, or maybe it's just a white thing )

The real reason I buy Zaino is because of protection. Last year, I put the wax on. It looked great. After a few rainstorms and heat, my car did not feel as smooth (I always run my hand down the paint to see if it needs a polishing) as it once did. Fast foward to this year: Zaino goes on, its stays on...and on...and on...and on, etc. I can feel the smoothness of the car, and I actually LIKE the way the car looks in the rain, all beaded up and pretty

------------------
--David--
1995 white Firebird 3.4 V6 A4 w/ T-tops
Mods:Kenwood KDC516S stereo, front and rear Alpine speakers, Flowmaster 80 series, Firebat and Autografics decals, Moroso CAI, Painted interior (Silver Metallic), 3 10" MTX Thunder 6000 subs, BMR STB, Zaino, !speed, !horsepower Help CT get a dragstrip!
Old 08-26-2002, 09:14 PM

I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER!!!!!

http://ultimate-reflections.com

IT IS EASIER TO APPLY ,SHINES AS GOOD AND IS CHEAPER......

P.S. DON'T SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT "ZAINO" OR THEY WILL BOOT YOU OFF THE SITE.....
Old 08-26-2002, 09:18 PM

Thumbs down

SPAM

Who needs a cleaner wax? Lazy... Gee, let's give up a product that shines for months, for one that shines a few weeks at best. Real smart...

Do you see a bunch of Zainoers going over to your site saying "ohh ohh buy Zaino it's better?" Uhh, no, because we have no need to SPAM. The reason people get booted is for acting like idiots and starting crap. While we're on the subject of stupidity, I loved how Prisco stated that you could rub Zaino on a paint finish and see paint pigment on the applicator. LMFAO!!!! How you people put up with the blatant lies and BS he spews is beyond me...

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited August 26, 2002).]
Old 09-02-2002, 06:29 PM

Arrow

the only idiots are the people who think there is only one thing in the world..please keep on spending hours and hours with zaino. that means there is just one more slow car off the road!!!!!
Old 09-02-2002, 06:44 PM

I think you're nutty if you believe it takes hours and hours to use Zaino.
Old 09-02-2002, 08:05 PM

Personally, we don't care what you use, but to think Zaino is the only thing we have ever tried is rediculous. I used dozens of different products for over 30 years, until I tried Zaino. It worked far better than any other product I had tried in all those years, so why would I go back to something that doesn't meet my standards. The vast majority of Zainoholics tried many, many products before we selected Zaino. When folks who come onto the board having never tried Zaino, criticize it, then yes we take exception to the ignorant comments. Most of us just try to state the facts and when the facts are compared Zaino wins hands down, it's that simple.

------------------
Kevin Villier, 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", TT, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, STB, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid with Holley filter and Mallory polished MAF ends.

Louisville, KY
Old 09-02-2002, 10:04 PM

Prisco must either A:spend a lot of time bashing Zaino and/or this msg board so his customers feel they need to join in,

OR B: Get his few buddies and himself to log on here just to act like childish brats.

I wouldn't touch F113 if it was the last thing on earth simply based on how he and the most of the "other" F113 users behave. The poor behavior is so similar I believe it's just him.

No, I'm not a big Zaino fan, either so don't jump to that conclusion.

Prisco. Reminds me of two words that probably sum up the product and the person.

Jeff
Old 09-03-2002, 12:14 AM

Question

I love the results of Zaino. Hard work does pay off. I use Zfx, Z6, Z7, Z5, and Z3, and buff with Royal Velvet towels. Believe me, the shines is awesome on my 96 z28.

But the shine just doesn't magically come back the same after you treat it like ****.

I had Reserve training for 2 weeks, and had no choice but to park my car on base right here in sunny southern California. I was unable to wash it, and it just sat there outside. Though it didn't rain, it did accumlate that evening "dew" every day; plus it's dusty as hell in southern cali.

After my training, I washed the car, and after Z7 and Z6, the finish looked like crap still. Some sort of oxidation. But it came out quick with a few applications of Z5.

My main problem is the durability of the shine.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:58 AM

Thumbs down

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by terry brugg:
the only idiots are the people who think there is only one thing in the world..please keep on spending hours and hours with zaino. that means there is just one more slow car off the road!!!!!</font>
What does any of this have to do with slow cars? That makes no sense! Maybe shiny cars, but, uh, last time I checked you don't gain 10hp waxing your car, so how do the two relate? Maybe you think because your car is faster than everyone's that it fills some sort of self-deficiency that you lack? Right, I forgot, you're the fastest, shiniest thing on the road b/c you use F113.

I literally have shelves full of other detailing products, including many varieties of waxes and polymers, and I think KevinV's post pretty much summed it all up nicely. If you think we all own or have owned just one product, you're full of yourself bud...get a clue already, spammer. For the absolute life of me, I still can't see why you F113 guys insist on comparing that stuff to Zaino, it's apples and oranges!! Why not rile up the Meguiar's guys or Mother's guys where your $20 bottle of cleaner wax belongs? I don't understand! Wait, maybe I do....F113 is so jealous of Zaino and its enthusiast customer base it drives you people mad, especially that Pri(kso character. Being that you're a distributor and all, have you ever wondered what is in the F113 you sell that removes swirls, cleans oxidation, and only lasts a few weeks at best?? It's pretty simple actually, but I'll leave that one for you guys to figure out... And, the fact that you defend that low-life, lying, BSer makes your credibility diminish as quickly as the wax you're selling. Think about it...

------------------
*My 1992 Camaro RS 25th Anniv.*
Dark Red Metallic (ext.) / Flame Red (int.)
Flowmaster Crossflow, K&N, 20% 3M Panther Black Tint
JL Audio 3 10", PPI PC2100, other Kenwood & Pioneer goodies...
Show Car Shine by ZainoBros! - Thanks Sal!

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited September 03, 2002).]
Old 09-03-2002, 04:59 PM

my comment on the slow car thing was just to show how unbelievable all this is...i have used zaino many times and was impressed by it's results. however i have used race glaze and it spawned similar results as well.. ..i once posted years ago on how great zaino is and no one believed the few of us who tried it..MEGUIARS" YOU ALL CRIED ,WAS THE BEST.... now there are even more options....Formula 113 USERS are just suprised at how unbelieving you are at NEW THINGS.. virtually everyone who has used F113 has claimed a similar shine to zaino with one third the work....use whatever you want .attitudes like this site toward zaino are like that of HONDA CIVIC OWNERS....
Old 09-03-2002, 08:18 PM

The only thing is that F113 is pretty much the same as dozens of other products I've tried over the years and wasn't satisfied with. I even asked one time, quite a while back, from the owner or a distributor, I forget which it was, what made F113 different from all the other carnauba/silicone/cleaner products I'd tried for over 30 years, they never responded.

------------------
Kevin Villier, 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", TT, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, STB, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid with Holley filter and Mallory polished MAF ends.

Louisville, KY

Quick Reply: Ok, Zaino....whats the Deal??? Is it really THAT good?