Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Cleaning inside of windshield-aarrgh!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2001, 02:19 PM

Angry Cleaning inside of windshield-aarrgh!

I'm brand new to this board so I hate to begin with a nasty face but I have a new Camaro SS and I cannot for the life of me reach to get all of the inside of my windshield clean. It's very hazed over, the dealership didn't even clean it and I am way too short to reach all the way to the very end of it just above the dash, not to mention getting gunk on the dash, too. Any ideas out there? Also, what's the best cleaner? Just using Glass Plus but I am having a problem with "something" flying up on the inside of my windshield, too, it's sticky and gluey, hard to remove. Dealer says nothing is wrong but I've never seen anything like this before. Anyone out there heard of this happening???

------------------
Rox
Old 08-05-2001, 02:33 PM

The film on the inside glass of new cars is from the plastics on the interior, these plastics give off a gas when sitting in the sun, using something like Armor All or any kind of silicone protectant on the dash only makes this gas 10 times worse, Eagle One 20/20 is a good general glass cleaner as is Stoners Invisible Glass. A good way to clean the parts you can not reach is to take a wooden spoon with a long handle, wrap a cotton terry cloth (part of a bath towel) over the spoon and spray the towel with the glass cleaner and rub away.

------------------
96 Black Impala SS
Authorized Zaino Showcar Polish Distributor
www.zainobros.com
Remember #3