Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

99 needs repainting - don't laugh, i LOVE that car

Old 09-21-2010, 05:37 AM

99 needs repainting - don't laugh, i LOVE that car

It's like a little jet plane, at least it thinks it's a jet plane and i have the speeding tickets to prove it. But it needs repainting. It's a midnight blue T-top, i wish it was red, but i am having trouble finding a place to repaint it. The hood needs serious sanding. How do i find a place? Am i just looking in the wrong places, under the wrong listings, or what?
Old 09-21-2010, 10:18 AM

What sort of places are you looking into??? I don't see why anybody would refuse to paint your car, just be prepared, on a color change most shops will want to take the car apart for good results. Or u could use someone like maaco, I wouldn't but that's me. And they will spray the outside and not worry about jams, and all the little details. My car is going to ne painted candy true blue over ultra flec silver, and the jambs will be painted to match, the firewall and under the hood is gonna be gloss black. And I'm gonna be spending probably around 5500 @ a reputable paint shop. Oh did I mention my car is polo green!? Yuck, first it's off to have the interior redone in charcoal, leather seats and all. So I guess I'd have to say do your homework, put a lot of thought into it, to me who paints my car is just as important as which surgeon is going to do an operation, but then again I'm not normal lol. But seriously if u want ur car to look good for quite some time, and not have issues like overspray, runs in the paint, clear coat issues, paint bubbling, or splotchy appearance, or panels that don't come out the same, then do your home work. U will be glad you did, and possibly horrified if u don't. A good body and paint shop is worth while to find, a shop that u know isn't going to take short cuts @ your expense. In paint and body attention to detail is very important, the little things that go unnoticed by some can make or break a great paint job