FS: Golen 383 LT1 / Lloyd Elliot Heads (short block or long block)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 10:38 AM

FS: Golen 383 LT1 / Lloyd Elliot Heads (short block or long block)

SOLD!

I have my 383 LT1 posted on several forums and have been getting many request to buy it at different levels of completion. Some have asked for a bare long block, some a stripped short block, etc. I have decided to start a new post providing a price at each level. Right now, the motor is 100% complete and running. You can hear and see it run, and even drive the 1994 Corvette it is in. I will strip it down to whatever level you want. I will not sell anything off of this car until the motor is sold so that anyone interested in the motor will have the rare opportunity to see what they are getting before buying it. If the buyer of the motor only wants the shortblock, then I will list the heads, etc for sale.

I'll start stripped and build up.

$2000 cash for the stripped down short block just like I bought it from Golen:

Golen 383ci LT1 Street/Strip short block (I paid $3500)
• 4-Bolt Main GM Corvette Block
• Cast Eagle Crank, Internally Balanced Front and Rear
• Scat 4340 Forged 6” Rods
• SRP Forged Pistons
• Speed Pro Plasma-Moly Rings
• Clevite Rod & Main Bearings
• Full Rotating Assembly Dynamic Balanced
• ARP Main Studs
• Golen Spec Sheets & Set Up Guide

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$3000 cash for the base long block:

Includes Golen 383 short block as listed above plus:

Lloyd Elliot LE2 Heads
• Manley 2.00/1.56 6000 series valves
• PAC 1218 bee hive springs (145 lbs seat and 340 lbs open)
• Steel retainers and locks
• Manly Head Bolts (42171 & 42102)
• Felpro head gaskets (1074)
• 10.8:1 compression
• 54cc head chambers
• 205 cc intake port
• flow about 275/190 CFM

$3200 cash for the long block just like you see it here:

Includes Golen 383 block, Lloyd Elliot heads plus:

• Lloyd Elliot LE2.2 Cam (buyer gets specs)
• New GMPP Lifter kit
• New GM Timing Set
• Timing Cover

Lloyd requested I not post the cam specs, but assured me RWHP numbers over 400 would be seen. Cam specs were chosen to provide great mid-range torque as well for pulling strong out of the corners. Buyer will receive cam card with specs.

$3400 cash for the long block just like you see it here:

Includes everything above plus

• Comp Cams Pro-Mag 1.6 Full Roller Rockers (1305-16) (paid $307)
• Bowtie guide plates (14011051) (paid $36)
• Thunder Racing 1-piece 7.150” Push Rods (PR7150) (paid $110)
• ARP 7/16ths Rocker Studs (134-7103) (paid $35)

$3700 cash for the long block just like you see it here:

Includes everything above plus

• OEM LT1 Intake Port Matched by Lloyd Elliot
• Matched to LE2 Heads and 58mm TB
• Intake was then powdercoated red
• Stock Fuel Rails
• New GM Opti-Spark (installed)
• New GM Water Pump (installed)
• Hypertech 180* thermostat (installed)
• All sensors attached to motor

This is everything you will need to swap into any LT1 or LT4 car, Covette / Camaro / Firebird / Impala SS, and fire up 400 RWHP.

$4700 cash for the motor plus the parts necessary to swap into a non-LT1 car or truck.

Includes everything above plus:

• Painless Wiring Harness
• Custom programmed ECM (no emissions, programmed for manual transmission)
• 58mm Throttle Body
• SVO 30# Injectors
• ATI Balancer
• Melling M-55HV high volume oil pump
• Melling Oil Pump Drive Shaft (IS55-E)
• Stock Corvette LT1 Oil Pan
• Corvette Fuel Rail Covers
• Valve Covers
• Corvette accessory Brackets
• Alternator, PS Pump, A/C delete bracket, and belt
• Starter
• OEM Corvette braided fuel lines (frame to intake)

If swapping into non-LT1 car or truck, you would still need a neutral balanced flywheel for whatever transmission you are using, headers or manifolds for whatever vehicle you are putting it into, and motor mounts for your vehicle.

I also have the car (1994 Corvette) listed for sale (LINK). If the car sells first, I will pull the ads for the motor. If the motor sells first, I will pull the ads for the car and part it out. Nothing will be removed from the car until the motor is sold. This is a motor for sale thread. Please do not ask for any other parts off of the car or ask to be put in line for any parts.

Anyone seriously interested in the motor is welcome to come drive the car. That is an opportunity rarely seen when buying a used engine, so here is your chance to see what you are getting before you spend the money. I have better than $6500 in this long block assembly. I have only autocrossed the car once (Five 40-second runs). It has never been on a drag strip and never on a road course. The motor cranks instantly, idles perfect and pulls unbelievably. This will make a great street or track motor. Motor has less than 10 hours run time. It is honestly just like new. Come see for yourself.

I have all of the receipts for all of the parts listed above. Add them up and you will see that this is a bargain!

Located in Lafayette, Louisiana.

Buyer can help remove motor if they wish.

No PayPal

Shipping available, but it will be expensive. Pick up ZIP will be 70508 For reference, I paid over $300 to have the shortblock shipped to me from NH to LA. I still have the pallet and can build a shipping crate if necessary.

Last edited by ZBRA; 09-22-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:39 AM

PICS:

Old 09-17-2010, 10:40 AM

Old 09-17-2010, 10:41 AM

Old 09-17-2010, 11:05 AM

Cool. You got a very interested buyer here at $3700. How would i contact you to discuss details?
Old 09-17-2010, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by aaron_depue
Cool. You got a very interested buyer here at $3700. How would i contact you to discuss details?
I just sent you a PM with my phone number and email address.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:02 PM

just emailed ya