Pacific Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington
View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?
Liberals
25.58%
Conservatives
58.14%
NDP
6.98%
Green
2.33%
bloc quebecois (for Armen)
6.98%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Who are you going to vote for?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 02:07 PM

Re: Who are you going to vote for?

Originally Posted by ShadowLord69
my .02cents

I think handguns, should be allowed for this reason.
why do we have camaro's it isnt to drive to work, it is for cruising and draggin right? some people may like to go to the range and shoot their pistol i dont but some people might. So if you want to remove handguns remove sports cars too. also what about drunk drivers??
Exactly. The Liberal way is to say "We want the only guns in Canada to be in the hands of criminals."
What makes me a criminal by going to a designated range and discharging ammunution down a big field, where a guy who drives his car drunk and kills somebody is not stopped before hand. Do you guys want speed limiters on your cars, somebody to watch every little thing that you do and try to protect you from yourself before hand? Sounds a little extreme to me, why not punish the criminals, not the law abiding people?
Old 01-12-2006, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by mr00jimbo
Do you guys want speed limiters on your cars
Hey don't knock the 104 mph limiter until you've tried it.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Gord's Green Z28
Hey don't knock the 104 mph limiter until you've tried it.
Did they accidentally get it from the Geo Metro bin or what? Even my lowly Corolla can hit 130 and be electrically limited to stop.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:16 AM

Last time I checked, the crime rate in Canada was not even measurable when using the same scale the US uses to measure their crime rate, I wonder why?

Can't have Liberals cuz their a bunch of crooks, so my choice is NDP.

Conservatives only want the gun law to come into affect to raise the US economy, I wonder who's gun's we'd be buying, they sure's hell won't be Russian, even though we could get their guns for a fraction of the cost LOL. It won't do our economy as much good as it would help the US economy.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by bunker

Conservatives only want the gun law to come into affect to raise the US economy, I wonder who's gun's we'd be buying, they sure's hell won't be Russian, even though we could get their guns for a fraction of the cost LOL. It won't do our economy as much good as it would help the US economy.
i think hte gun law issue has a lot more to do with personal 'rights' being violated, nothing to do with the economy, the U.S. gun sector isn't 'that' big... yes its big, but to think that it'd effect Canadian politicians is a little short sighted.

and, oh ya, NDP... oh dear, all i wanna say is with the NDP, i don't want to pay for others, screw overly generous social schemes.. just look at the way trailor trash abuses it in the states, adn the way ppl abuse it in Canada (no, i'm not cold hearted, those with disabilities, or good reasons for not being able to gain income, i'm all for supporting, fully in some cases.. but fat ignorant ppl who are lazy, they can go F themselves... and for that 'stress leave' in an office job, wtf is that - i'm dealing with that at one of my jobs.. like really, get a grip on life people)
Old 01-13-2006, 03:00 PM

Ahh bunker I think you’re a little miss-informed on the US to Canada crime rate comparison. Because if you actually compared it on a per-capata basis the US actually has a lower crime rate then Canada, it even has a lower violent crime rate then we have.

Some of the reasons for this are that if you commit a crime you actually serve time for the crime that you committed. Unlike here in Canada were you could commit armed robbery and get two 30 day sentences and serve them concurrently. Witch is absolutely stupid and I think is the biggest problem with our justice system.

Another reason is that in the US you can actually defend yourself if you were being robbed, raped or heaven forbid that someone was trying to kill you. And they don’t make you a criminal for doing it. Unlike here where people have been charged with assault for defending themselves in their own homes no less. When the person that was trying to rob them broke in to their home.

Also there is the deterrent that the person you are trying rob or assault may be armed. Thus deterring the person from trying to rob or assault you.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:14 PM

HAHAHA, whatever this is too funny, how the hell does Canada even comes close to US gun crime rates? I'm sorry, hit the news buddy.

Second, what are you talking about??????? Defend yourself, take your skinny a$$ to the Gym buddy, if you think of using guns to defend youself over rape/violence, I'm sorry but I think you're watching too many movies, we here in Canada are pretty safe, and if you do encounter a small jibby jobber robbery, use your muscle not a gun, this is why we can't allow guns around here, cuz people like you would think of defending your sorry a$$ with that.

If you let everyone have a gun, then you will see a lot more of that crime and WITH guns, not without.

When I was in my 15s, me and a bunch of kids went out drinking, a buddy had a bee bee gun, guess what, we had a bunch of kids trying to rough us up, so my buddy pulled out his gun, they went running, those guys HAD NO GUNS!!!!!!!!! If he had muscle, we could have defended ourselves.

But you know whats funny? We later hopped in the car and headed to North van from Vancouver, just before we could leave 10 cop cars surrounded our A$$SES guns pulled telling us to step out of the car.

Thats how a nation works when they DON"T allow guns and when the cops find out someone has a gun, ALL HELL BREAKS loose, and thats how it SHOULD BE!!!!!!!!!! Not like in the states where a GUN confrontation is just another police report that goes unoticed.

Last edited by bunker; 01-13-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by bunker
HAHAHA, whatever this is too funny, how the hell does Canada even comes close to US gun crime rates? I'm sorry, hit the news buddy.

Second, what are you talking about??????? Defend yourself, take your skinny a$$ to the Gym buddy, if you think of using guns to defend youself over rape/violence, I'm sorry but I think you're watching too many movies, we here in Canada are pretty safe, and if you do encounter a small jibby jobber robbery, use your muscle not a gun, this is why we can't allow guns around here, cuz people like you would think of defending your sorry a$$ with that.

If you let everyone have a gun, then you will see a lot more of that crime and WITH guns, not without.

When I was in my 15s, me and a bunch of kids went out drinking, a buddy had a bee bee gun, guess what, we had a bunch of kids trying to rough us up, so my buddy pulled out his gun, they went running, those guys HAD NO GUNS!!!!!!!!! If he had muscle, we could have defended ourselves.

But you know whats funny? We later hopped in the car and headed to North van from Vancouver, just before we could leave 10 cop cars surrounded our A$$SES guns pulled telling us to step out of the car.

Thats how a nation works when they DON"T allow guns and when the cops find out someone has a gun, ALL HELL BREAKS loose, and thats how it SHOULD BE!!!!!!!!!! Not like in the states where a GUN confrontation is just another police report that goes unoticed.
You're a ****ing moron. The cops came because 1) You let those guys get away and 2) You were 15 so you probably hung around for at least an hour making a ton of noise and patting yourselves on the back for being such gangsters. What about the people that shoot their victims instead of letting them get away to call the cops?
Old 01-14-2006, 11:51 AM

First of all, you're the F*CKIN moron and I should punch you in the face, second, not everyone is a retard at 15, we split right away and still got cought, yeah thats how fast the cops work around here and the only reason for that is because we have such strict gun laws, you're just a dumba$$ who wants a gun, if you get one, make sure to off yourself first and do everyone else a favor cuz we aint messing with your a$$.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:22 PM

I don't want a gun. I know nothing about them. I haven't even seen one in real life. But just because your dumb 15 year old *** got caught doesn't prove the Liberals bull**** "gun ban" works.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:09 PM

Ahh when I said defend yourself in your own home that's what I ment in YOUR HOME. Not out in the middle of the street!

And the incident in question that I’m talking about happened here in BC where an elderly man beat a guy with a golf club. After the guy attempted a home invasion. Not to mention that the old man’s wife was bed ridden and couldn’t get out of bed. So the old guy proceeded to beat the crap out of the robber. The guy that was trying to rob the place filed assault charges and the old man ends up going to jail.

HMMM doesn’t there seem to be a problem here, when the old man is the victim and he ends up going to jail. The Canadian justice system at its best I tell ya.

And bunker just go ask your local NDP candidate about the comparison between Canada vs. US crime rates ON a per-capata basis. He is going to tell you that actually in fact the US has a lower crime rate ON a per-capata basis!!

Look Canada has population of approximately 33 million where as the US has a population of over 300 million.

Think of it this way if one geographic region had 1000 drivers and that region had 100 accidents in one year.
And another region only had 100 drivers, for it to match the other region in total accidents all the drivers would have to be in an accident, which is not very likely to happen.

Or if you want to look at it pertaining to this election, why does Ontario have 106 seats and BC only have 36. Well it’s because they have a larger population then we do in BC and no matter how much we dislike that and think that the west should have better representation in Government, it doesn’t change the fact that Ontario has a 106 seats.
Just like it doesn’t change the fact that the US has a lower crime rate than Canada on a per-capata basis.

Last edited by KrazyKamaro; 01-14-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:11 PM

bah this is stupid, just go out there and vote. personally i dont think the gun ban will work, but i will still vote liberal.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by KrazyKamaro
Ahh bunker I think you’re a little miss-informed on the US to Canada crime rate comparison. Because if you actually compared it on a per-capata basis the US actually has a lower crime rate then Canada, it even has a lower violent crime rate then we have.
Homicides by gun rate per capita are ~7X higher in the US then Canada....

According to StatsCan there were 172 firearm related homicides in 2004 out of 622 total homicides.

According to the FBI, there were ~14 000 homicides and ~9300 by firearm in the USA.

In addition, Canadian crime rates involving violence as well as property crimes have dropped slightly over the last 5 years. (as per http://www40.statcan.ca/l01/cst01/legal02.htm).
Old 01-14-2006, 11:17 PM

One more thing... when you try to compare the overall violent crime rates, you will find that in the US stats provided by the FBI, only aggravated assasult is considered a violent crime whereas any and all forms of assault are included in the Canadian stats. Since assaults constitute about 80% of violent crime in Canada, this skews the comparison heavily.

When you compare property crimes (theft, burglary, etc.) the two countries are roughly equal, but again the stats from the US do not take into account fraud or possession of stolen goods (but they do count Arson) so it appears that again the comparison is skewed somewhat.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Draco
Homicides by gun rate per capita are ~7X higher in the US then Canada....

According to StatsCan there were 172 firearm related homicides in 2004 out of 622 total homicides.

According to the FBI, there were ~14 000 homicides and ~9300 by firearm in the USA.

In addition, Canadian crime rates involving violence as well as property crimes have dropped slightly over the last 5 years. (as per http://www40.statcan.ca/l01/cst01/legal02.htm).
You can't look into the U.S at a federal level, because it overlooks such factors as State independence. Washington DC has some of the stricted gun laws in the country....YET it has 49.7 murders per 100,000 people...compared to Texas, which is more lax on legal gun ownership, there's only 7.7 per 100,000. Texas has less homicide than the territories in Canada do.

California also has strict gun laws and guess what? LA has been the murder capital of the entire country before. States with LEGAL gun ownership have lower crime than states with strict gun laws. New Jersey also has dangerous places, strict gun laws.

Firearm bans don't rid weapons, they just give criminals 100% posession of them. Put yourself in a criminal's shoes; if you were to rob somebody, would you rather go to a place where people were unarmed or one where select people had guns under their clothes to put gaping holes in your body?

9300 lives taken by firearms? 2.5 million SAVED per year. 2,500,000 > 9300.

Quick Reply: Who are you going to vote for?